Chad on the trade block in 2008?

BwanaZulia

What does that mean, "going to be traded"? If they think he is "tradable" or they think it makes sense to trade him - fine, they should state that as an opinion. If they expect us to believe that they have some kind of inside information from an organization that is more secretive than the KGB, they are full of sh#t.

I'm with DM here-I call bullspit...this is all just speculation with zero inside information

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not one of the Chad Haters here, but I sincerely hope not. Short of a super bowl appearance; Chad has gotten his chance and now needs to move on.

You probably won't get one with Kellen either, if they're gonna get rid of Chad, they should start looking for a replacement, because they already passed up Brady Quinn, that is a kid that might have gotten the Jets there with a little experience. Kellen Clemens isn't going to do that...

You probably won't get one with Kellen either, if they're gonna get rid of Chad, they should start looking for a replacement, because they already passed up Brady Quinn, that is a kid that might have gotten the Jets there with a little experience. Kellen Clemens isn't going to do that...

What makes you think Kellen isn't the guy? You should have heard the stuff people were saying about Penny before he got his shot.

we don't know that pf82...Kellen has been progressing nicely and shows he is starting to understand the offense and has been showing command out there-there's the big difference between some of us, a lot of the Chad-haters root for his failure so to see Clemens and the rest of us want what is best for the Jets TEAM...

You have NOTHING to base this on.

we don't know that pf82...Kellen has been progressing nicely and shows he is starting to understand the offense and has been showing command out there-there's the big difference between some of us, a lot of the Chad-haters root for his failure so to see Clemens and the rest of us want what is best for the Jets TEAM...

Same thing. :cool0044:

I'm not one of the Chad Haters here, but I sincerely hope not. Short of a super bowl appearance; Chad has gotten his chance and now needs to move on.

That doesn't make any sense. It's not all on the QB to take the team to the next level. At somepoint last year the defense had to be able to stop the patriots in the playoffs, but they didn't.

Look at Brady's numbers the very next game??? He played like an AZZ! his defense and running game bailed him out every damn time. Look at Manning in the title game, or the first two rounds of the playoffs. He didn't do anything except gift wrap the game for the Ravens/Chiefs to walk off with.

Both Brady and Manning were bailed out by their defenses more times than any of their fans would like to admit.

Remember the time the broncos bounced the pats? who threw the game losing interception? I wish we would stop blowing sunshine up the big named QB's arses, they are great in the regular season, but crumble like little bitches against the tough defenses in the playoffs.

So preseason is going to show what Chad is going to do for this team? Because that IS what most of you people are making your decision on. Chad has done nothing in the regular season yet in 2007, and if you want to base it on past, he's gotten the jets to the playoffs with a chance to get to the SB. What happens if indeed you do trade Chad and Kellen is a bust? All of a sudden Chad is on KC (or wherever else he might be), they make it to the playoffs with Chad, and the Jets don't make it? There was a great trade, all because of how great Kellen looks against 2nd stringers.

Same thing. :cool0044:

We know you hate Chad... and its gotten to the point where you WANT the JETS to LOSE football games for the sake of your Chad hatred...

Completely wrong. I want the Jets to lose, so they can take the next step towards winning a superbowl. And we cant take the next step without supplanting Chad with another QB with big time upside (ie, Clemens).

You love putting words in my mouth.

And to add to what Barton said Brady Quinn hasn't won Sh1t in college or the pro's

so what are you basing this on ??

And to add to what Barton said Brady Quinn hasn't won Sh1t in college or the pro's

so what are you basind this on ??

He is not competeting with Chad Pennington for the job... Chad has won in the NFL and had success... completely different... if it were Clemens VS a nobody... then maybe you would have something...

so what are you basing this on ??

I said MIGHT, again I haven't seen him do anything except play well against a 2nd string D, just like Kellen...he looks better then him imo. It's the same arguement, different guy, you know nothing about either of them enough to know they are going to lead a team anywhere against GREAT starting defenses, but you know damn well Chad has gotten this team to the playoffs. I would rather keep Chad as my starter providing he has a healthy 2007, than give him up for something unknown, because of a performance against 2nd string.

That doesn't make any sense. It's not all on the QB to take the team to the next level. At somepoint last year the defense had to be able to stop the patriots in the playoffs, but they didn't.

Look at Brady's numbers the very next game??? He played like an AZZ! his defense and running game bailed him out every damn time. Look at Manning in the title game, or the first two rounds of the playoffs. He didn't do anything except gift wrap the game for the Ravens/Chiefs to walk off with.

Both Brady and Manning were bailed out by their defenses more times than any of their fans would like to admit.

Remember the time the broncos bounced the pats? who threw the game losing interception? I wish we would stop blowing sunshine up the big named QB's arses, they are great in the regular season, but crumble like little bitches against the tough defenses in the playoffs.

Why do you blame the defense for that? It was 23-16 in the third quarter I believe, with 6 of those points given to the Pats because of offensive miscues, including that retarded lateral. So the defense basically kept them within 1 point to that point. The defense was also on the field a lot iirc because of the turnovers and the failed drives, and in the 4th quarter gives up a TD drive. That's fine. so the defense put the offense within 8 then right? But Chad goes and gives them another 7 with the INT. If our offense had come to play in that game we could have won, but it just did not get it done. Chad is a part of that offense and does deserve some blame. Sure the defense could have held them to 0, but then why do we need Chad to win that game? Anybody can win if the defense becomes the greatest in the history of the NFL, and probably for all time.

Why do you blame the defense for that? It was 23-16 in the third quarter I believe, with 6 of those points given to the Pats because of offensive miscues, including that retarded lateral. So the defense basically kept them within 1 point to that point. The defense was also on the field a lot iirc because of the turnovers and the failed drives, and in the 4th quarter gives up a TD drive. That's fine. so the defense put the offense within 8 then right? But Chad goes and gives them another 7 with the INT. If our offense had come to play in that game we could have won, but it just did not get it done. Chad is a part of that offense and does deserve some blame. Sure the defense could have held them to 0, but then why do we need Chad to win that game? Anybody can win if the defense becomes the greatest in the history of the NFL, and probably for all time.

I'm not a chad apologist, i believe there is plenty of blame to go around after a loss, if the QB takes the brunt of it, so be it. What i am saying is a lot of QB's play poorly in the playoffs but lean on their defense, and because their defense is capable, they will win the game. Then you'll have all the fans talking about how great their qb is because he has X amount of rings.

the drives i'm talking about in the NE playoff game were the ones that came right after scores. We let them march down on us with 2 minutes left in the first half. Not only that but, we let them march all the way to the endzone. We had a number of chances at ending it short but did not come through.

That lateral pass that everyone loves to talk about is as much a fault of Chad's as it was, Brick's and Schotty's.

The final TD to Samuel was a garbage pass.

I'm not a chad apologist, i believe there is plenty of blame to go around after a loss, if the QB takes the brunt of it, so be it. What i am saying is a lot of QB's play poorly in the playoffs but lean on their defense, and because their defense is capable, they will win the game. Then you'll have all the fans talking about how great their qb is because he has X amount of rings.

the drives i'm talking about in the NE playoff game were the ones that came right after scores. We let them march down on us with 2 minutes left in the first half. Not only that but, we let them march all the way to the endzone. We had a number of chances at ending it short but did not come through.

That lateral pass that everyone loves to talk about is as much a fault of Chad's as it was, Brick's and Schotty's.

The final TD to Samuel was a garbage pass.

The great QBs are the ones that get it done when they need to. Chad had several opportunities but couldn't get it done. Every "great" QB at some point carries his team to a win, Chad simply can't do it. It is very hard to be great...by definition most people aren't great. Chad isn't great, but I don't know how anyone can be confident that KC is or can become great. The debate might be if Chad does enough to even be considered good I suppose, since he's come up very short in games where you'd think the QB is expected to get something done, such as against the Steelers a few years back, and probably that Pats game. There's room for debate but I don't want to debate that. I just don't want to see the defense being blamed entirely all the time with Chad getting free passes, because that is bs. If you're going to single out the defense, you have to be fair and give heat to the offense as well, and the leader of the offense is a major component of that.

And why not? He hasn't played 2007 yet at all, if he plays this season like last season, and doesn't get hurt, I'm positive he will be the starter in 08.

Because there isn't a chance that happens. With out Kendall our line is worse and we also have a much tougher schedule this year. The defenses we play will destroy Chad.

That's the line, not Chad... I feel Chad, providing no injuries, will do fine this year, and the Jets will make another playoff run with him as QB. If that's the case, Chad will start 2008.

How Pennington does depends on the offensive line. They did an adequate job last year against mostly bad defenses. If they can't step up this year with a tougher schedule he's toast.

That's the line, not Chad... I feel Chad, providing no injuries, will do fine this year, and the Jets will make another playoff run with him as QB. If that's the case, Chad will start 2008.

It doesn't matter, the O-line being worse directly effects Chad and will make him worse.

Drago: I'm not a chad apologist, i believe there is plenty of blame to go around after a loss, if the QB takes the brunt of it, so be it.

The great QBs are the ones that get it done when they need to. Chad had several opportunities but couldn't get it done. Every "great" QB at some point carries his team to a win, Chad simply can't do it. It is very hard to be great...by definition most people aren't great. Chad isn't great, but I don't know how anyone can be confident that KC is or can become great. The debate might be if Chad does enough to even be considered good I suppose, since he's come up very short in games where you'd think the QB is expected to get something done, such as against the Steelers a few years back, and probably that Pats game. There's room for debate but I don't want to debate that. I just don't want to see the defense being blamed entirely all the time with Chad getting free passes, because that is bs. If you're going to single out the defense, you have to be fair and give heat to the offense as well, and the leader of the offense is a major component of that.

I blame both for that loss against NE, neither brought it that day, but if there were more blame to go one way or the other? I'd blame the defense first, they could not stop Brady.

You say a great QB at som point carries hi team to a win. i agree with that, but Brady did all he could to give the game to the Chargers, but Troy Brown got that strip tackle. The defense wasn't able to bail him out against the Colts when Brady decided to shut it down early that day.

My point is QB's are hit or miss on any given day, Chad can win playoff games for us (despite his past preformances).

It is twice now that it came up on Sirius NFL radio, they talked about Chad being someone that was going to be traded in 2008. Of course, KC was mentioned.

Without turning this into yet another Bash The Chad thread, could you help me understand?

Is this just crazy talk or is there real thought there?

BZ

way too early to be talking trade. let's see what kind of year he has first.

Depends on his season. If he has the type of season that a lot us, including myself, believe he will have then Chad will either be released or traded by Draft Day '08.

This is why I hate these type threads.

This time last year it was Ramsey would be the starter.

Than after Pennington took a weak team to the play-offs it was Clemens was this seasons starter.

Now it's 2008 Chad gets traded. Too many posters main goal is to be a "I told ya so guy" no matter how many different stances they take.

Let the QB situation resolve itself on it's own. In the interm root for the team.

Than after Pennington took a weak team to the play-offs it was Clemens was this seasons starter.

Now it's 2008 Chad gets traded. Too many posters main goal is to be a "I told ya so guy" no matter how many different stances they take.

Let the QB situation resolve itself on it's own. In the interm root for the team.

:yeahthat:

You can root for the team and also want what is best for the team at the same time. Yes, Patrick Ramsey was wanted by some, including myself, as the starter last season. Were we wrong? Who knows, we never saw him play in anything but Preseason games. Kellen Clemens could be that man and he will see him this season.

You can root for the team and also want what is best for the team at the same time. Yes, Patrick Ramsey was wanted by some, including myself, as the starter last season. Were we wrong? Who knows, we never saw him play in anything but Preseason games. Kellen Clemens could be that man and he will see him this season.

I think it's safe to say Patrick Ramsey is not a starting caliber QB in the NFL. I don't think Joey Harrington and David Carr are either though, yet they somehow have fans constantly making excuses for them and hyping them up. I would probably take Ramsey over the latter 2.

Archived