Chad on the trade block in 2008?

BwanaZulia

I don't think the jets would trade either of them this year...

Its plain and simple, this is Chad's year, or he's gone. If he doesent put up this year, he will not be a Jet next year. We might as well get something like a 1st rounder for him while he's still got value before eveyone finds out that he's just a 1st or 2nd round playoff appearance qb and thats about it. If he cant take us to the next level, he's done, its that simple. He's had enough time and chances to get us there and take his game to the next level, this is the make or break year.....thats a fact.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its plain and simple, this is Chad's year, or he's gone. If he doesent put up this year, he will not be a Jet next year. We might as well get something like a 1st rounder for him while he's still got value before eveyone finds out that he's just a 1st or 2nd round playoff appearance qb and thats about it. If he cant take us to the next level, he's done, its that simple. He's had enough time and chances to get us there and take his game to the next level, this is the make or break year.....thats a fact.

Exactly.

This is the year where excuses stop.

TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP! NO MORE F***ING EXCUSES!

With Pete Kendall gone the chance for a Chad injury looks better and better each week.

We face New England (Adalius Thomas and Rosevelt Colvin) and Baltimore (Ray Lewis, Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs) in the first two weeks. Good luck Chad.

Originally Posted by 124

Depends on his season. If he has the type of season that a lot us, including myself, believe he will have then Chad will either be released or traded by Draft Day '08.

This is why I hate these type threads.

This time last year it was Ramsey would be the starter.

Than after Pennington took a weak team to the play-offs it was Clemens was this seasons starter.

Now it's 2008 Chad gets traded. Too many posters main goal is to be a "I told ya so guy" no matter how many different stances they take.

Let the QB situation resolve itself on it's own. In the interm root for the team.

POTW NOM.

Its not a funny nom, it's sad, but true. Why some posters refuse to respect mangini's and Schotty's judgment is beyond me. They've done a real good job so far. The season hasnt even started yet and there are posts about getting rid of guys after the season. It's fvcking pathetic. Makes you think some jets fans get what they deserve.

We might as well get something like a 1st rounder for him while he's still got value before eveyone finds out that he's just a 1st or 2nd round playoff appearance qb and thats about it.

The Pats did get a 1st rounder for Bledsoe at age 31 and $16mil left on his deal.

I'm not saying Chad will be gone but an extra 1st or 2nd rounder would be nice if there's faith in Clemens. It will be his 3rd year, the year all the 'experts' say is the right time to come in.

See, this is what I don't understand. We, the people who want to see Clemens, do respect Mangini and Schott Jr. We have no problem with them starting, or at least most of us don't have a problem with them, Chad Pennington for the start of the season. However, if he does struggle or if the team struggles, it should be Kellen's time to shine. Either way, 2008 and beyond this team should be places in Kellen's hands. When it is, I wonder what the new saying will be.

"I guess they knew all along, huh? Mangini and Schott were just waiting". Exactly, which is what I have said from the start. Kellen Clemens will be the starting Quarterback of the New York Jets in 2008. I have not changed my stance and have just said it would be better to see Clemens as soon as Chad starts to struggle.

See, this is what I don't understand. We, the people who want to see Clemens, do respect Mangini and Schott Jr. We have no problem with them starting, or at least most of us don't have a problem with them, Chad Pennington for the start of the season. However, if he does struggle or if the team struggles, it should be Kellen's time to shine. Either way, 2008 and beyond this team should be places in Kellen's hands. When it is, I wonder what the new saying will be.

"I guess they knew all along, huh? Mangini and Schott were just waiting". Exactly, which is what I have said from the start. Kellen Clemens will be the starting Quarterback of the New York Jets in 2008. I have not changed my stance and have just said it would be better to see Clemens as soon as Chad starts to struggle.

See you dont know that... your just assuming Kellen can take over... thats the problem... you have no idea what Mangini has in mind... and right now he supports Chad as his starting QB and Kellen as his #2... that in no way means he thinks Kellen can be an NFL starter.

See you dont know that... your just assuming Kellen can take over... thats the problem... you have no idea what Mangini has in mind... and right now he supports Chad as his starting QB and Kellen as his #2... that in no way means he thinks Kellen can be an NFL starter.

The same argument can be said in you have no idea what Mangini is thinking of Chad. For all we know he could be planning already for the soon to come Kellen Clemens era of New York Jets football. For all you know, Chad is on his way out and they are just giving Kellen a few extra games to learn the system better. You can argue it either way. The only thing we do know is that Chad Pennington is starting September 9th. After that, who knows.

The same argument can be said in you have no idea what Mangini is thinking of Chad. For all we know he could be planning already for the soon to come Kellen Clemens era of New York Jets football. For all you know, Chad is on his way out and they are just giving Kellen a few extra games to learn the system better. You can argue it either way. The only thing we do know is that Chad Pennington is starting September 9th. After that, who knows.

What Im saying is, Kellen Clemens is not better than Chad Pennington at this point...

If Chad goes out and does terrible, a BIG part of that will be becuase of the O-line...

I would hate to see Clemens play becuase of Chad... I want to see Kellen win the job becuase HE IS GOOD... not becuase CHAD IS BAD...

You never know.. if Chad has a bad year... they might go after a veteran FA for 08' becuase Kellen isnt the guy... where they drafted him means nothing... ask Schlegal... he was drafted right around the time Leon and Rhodes were...

Originally Posted by 124

Depends on his season. If he has the type of season that a lot us, including myself, believe he will have then Chad will either be released or traded by Draft Day '08.

POTW NOM.

Its not a funny nom, it's sad, but true. Why some posters refuse to respect mangini's and Schotty's judgment is beyond me. They've done a real good job so far. The season hasnt even started yet and there are posts about getting rid of guys after the season. It's fvcking pathetic. Makes you think some jets fans get what they deserve.

Why doesnt max just delete jetnation then and let Mangini worry about everything jets. I guess we cant talk about what players we want the jets to draft, whether or not we want to trade vilma, whether revis will start right away or not, how many carries will thomas jones get etc etc.

I mean, just let Mangini and Schotty sort it all out right? Cmon, gimme a break. This whole arguement is the entire basis of message boards, we are all here to discuss.

What Im saying is, Kellen Clemens is not better than Chad Pennington at this point...

If Chad goes out and does terrible, a BIG part of that will be becuase of the O-line...

I would hate to see Clemens play becuase of Chad... I want to see Kellen win the job becuase HE IS GOOD... not becuase CHAD IS BAD...

You never know.. if Chad has a bad year... they might go after a veteran FA for 08' becuase Kellen isnt the guy... where they drafted him means nothing... ask Schlegal... he was drafted right around the time Leon and Rhodes were...

A couple of things here.

1. You dont trade up for a QB in the 2nd rd if you dont intend for him to start eventually. Thats just basic common sense, esp considering Clemens is impressing, it is merely inevitable he takes over at some point.

2. You do not know that Clemens isnt a better QB right now than Chad Pennington. Sorry, but you do not know that.

Your opinions arent facts.

A couple of things here.

1. You dont trade up for a QB in the 2nd rd if you dont intend for him to start eventually. Thats just basic common sense, esp considering Clemens is impressing, it is merely inevitable he takes over at some point.

2. You do not know that Clemens isnt a better QB right now than Chad Pennington. Sorry, but you do not know that.

1. 2 years+ after the draft it means nothing... he is just another NFL vet being graded on his play... where he was drafted and how he was drafted means NOTHING... Mangini will play the best player... regardless of where your drafted...

2. I dont know Chad is better, thats why Chad is the starter...

You have basically just said that you think Mangini will play Clemens based on where and how he was drafted and that he might not be playing the best QB but rather Chad just for the hell of it.

Why doesnt max just delete jetnation then and let Mangini worry about everything jets. I guess we cant talk about what players we want the jets to draft, whether or not we want to trade vilma, whether revis will start right away or not, how many carries will thomas jones get etc etc.

I mean, just let Mangini and Schotty sort it all out right? Cmon, gimme a break. This whole arguement is the entire basis of message boards, we are all here to discuss.

Yes, discuss... not hate the starting QB... you can say you think we need an upgrade... thats fine... but you constantly question the coaching staff... and they dont deserve that kind of treatment as of now... this is not Herm anymore... Mangini thinks Chad is the best QB on the team and give the JETS the best chance to win it all... deal with it

Yes, discuss... not hate the starting QB... you can say you think we need an upgrade... thats fine... but you constantly question the coaching staff... and they dont deserve that kind of treatment as of now... this is not Herm anymore... Mangini thinks Chad is the best QB on the team and give the JETS the best chance to win it all... deal with it

Bellichick thought that Drew Bledsoe was NE's best QB before that Mo Lewis hit changed history...

Are you a tool in real life?

No one knew Chad could play before Vinny got hurt.

With ecurbs amazing logic, every starting QB in the NFL has faith from their HC that they can win it all. Simply because they are named their starting QB. Riiiiight.

I cannot wait to bump these threads up once Chad gets benched.

With ecurbs amazing logic, every starting QB in the NFL has faith from their HC that they can win it all. Simply because they are named their starting QB. Riiiiight.

I cannot wait to bump these threads up once Chad gets benched.

You both put too much weight on one position even if it is QB...

This conversation is irrelevant right now, cause if they go 10-6 again with Chad at QB, and get into the playoffs and Chad stays healthy the whole season, the chance of him not getting the starting job again is slim.

ZERO chance of Chad being the starter in 2008. No actually, less than zero as CHad wont even be the starter at the end of THIS season. Just look at Mangini's comments today. He compared Kellen's work ethic to Brady's. That is a big tell. The gears are in motion in Mangini's mind as well.

With Pete Kendall gone the chance for a Chad injury looks better and better each week.

We face New England (Adalius Thomas and Rosevelt Colvin) and Baltimore (Ray Lewis, Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs) in the first two weeks. Good luck Chad.

Wow. Hopefully this was meant in a different context than it appears.

1. 2 years+ after the draft it means nothing... he is just another NFL vet being graded on his play... where he was drafted and how he was drafted means NOTHING... Mangini will play the best player... regardless of where your drafted...

You have basically just said that you think Mangini will play Clemens based on where and how he was drafted and that he might not be playing the best QB but rather Chad just for the hell of it.

It means alot.

Barton is right. You do not draft a player int he second round with the intentions of him carrying a clipboard for his career. Kellen was drafted to be the QB of the NYJ. Plain and simple.

I understand your point that he is being graded like everyone else, but the QB position is handled differently. Plus, while Mangini obviously has some credibility, 99% of the coaches are on short leashes. He is a bad season away from being on the hot seat. Shanahan can afford to throw Cutler in, in the middle of a playoff chase. He has rings. Mangini does not. Penny playing is probably more a fear of Mangini unwilling to cut the umbilical cord.

It means alot.

Barton is right. You do not draft a player int he second round with the intentions of him carrying a clipboard for his career. Kellen was drafted to be the QB of the NYJ. Plain and simple.

I understand your point that he is being graded like everyone else, but the QB position is handled differently. Plus, while Mangini obviously has some credibility, 99% of the coaches are on short leashes. He is a bad season away from being on the hot seat. Shanahan can afford to throw Cutler in, in the middle of a playoff chase. He has rings. Mangini does not. Penny playing is probably more a fear of Mangini unwilling to cut the umbilical cord.

If Kellen doesnt cut it he wont play,,BUT, its a 100% fact the Jets drafted him to be the starter by 2008 , ,if he was ready...

If Kellen doesnt cut it he wont play,,BUT, its a 100% fact the Jets drafted him to be the starter by 2008 , ,if he was ready...

They drafted him with Chad coming off surgery and two lost seasons. I doubt Mangini was going to watch the Jets go back-to-back 4 win seasons waiting for Kellen.

A rookie HC needs to win now. Not later.

They drafted him with Chad coming off surgery and two lost seasons. I doubt Mangini was going to watch the Jets go back-to-back 4 win seasons waiting for Kellen.

A rookie HC needs to win now. Not later.

i think thats what i just said.. KNEW he would start in 2008,, may start in 2007 if it werent for last years majpor success,, chad will be on a SHORT leash this year for sure,,bad play OR a record that says 'we are out of it' will let us see kellen as starter for good..

You guys must have been pissed as hell when Chad walked off the field waving his arms up and down during the Texans game last year!

A couple of things here.

I remember when this thread started...

Chad on the trade block in 2008?

It is twice now that it came up on Sirius NFL radio, they talked about Chad being someone that was going to be traded in 2008. Of course, KC was mentioned.

Without turning this into yet another Bash The Chad thread, could you help me understand?

Is this just crazy talk or is there real thought there?

BZ

i think thats what i just said.. KNEW he would start in 2008,, may start in 2007 if it werent for last years majpor success,, chad will be on a SHORT leash this year for sure,,bad play OR a record that says 'we are out of it' will let us see kellen as starter for good..

I think he is on one this year.

Patriot Nation went through this debate 6 years ago. Drew the incumbent had led the Patriots to never approached (i.e. sustained) success. Brady was a QB that was probably drafted for TC reps, but turned into a decent, albeit preseason, looking QB. Pro-Brady was calling for him to start. Pro-Drew was holding onto past glory. Mo's hit only expedited the process.

Mangini as a DC/DB Coach against Chad/Coach of Chad probably knows better then anyone what he has. As I said above, Kellen was drafted to be a the starter. If the offense struggles and/or the team struggles, he gets the collar and Kellenn starts his Jets' career.

I think he is on one this year.

Patriot Nation went through this debate 6 years ago. Drew the incumbent had led the Patriots to never approached (i.e. sustained) success. Brady was a QB that was probably drafted for TC reps, but turned into a decent, albeit preseason, looking QB. Pro-Brady was calling for him to start. Pro-Drew was holding onto past glory. Mo's hit only expedited the process.

Mangini as a DC/DB Coach against Chad/Coach of Chad probably knows better then anyone what he has. As I said above, Kellen was drafted to be a the starter. If the offense struggles and/or the team struggles, he gets the collar and Kellenn starts his Jets' career.

Your post has a lot of truth to it. Bledsoe is a guy that can't win a SB. I know he got there, and got beat by one of the better super bowl teams of the decade, but it would have taken that Patriot team about 10 more tries to beat the Packers in that particular game.

As you said hanging on to past glory, and the worry that our franchise will be reduced to what the Bengals went through when drafting QB's. Nobody on this site (minus trolls) wants to see the jets slide into successive 3 and 4 win seasons.

Once Chad is gone, whenever that is, we have to hold our breath that whoever takes over can deliver wins.

Your post has a lot of truth to it. Bledsoe is a guy that can't win a SB. I know he got there, and got beat by one of the better super bowl teams of the decade, but it would have taken that Patriot team about 10 more tries to beat the Packers in that particular game.

As you said hanging on to past glory, and the worry that our franchise will be reduced to what the Bengals went through when drafting QB's. Nobody on this site (minus trolls) wants to see the jets slide into successive 3 and 4 win seasons.

Once Chad is gone, whenever that is, we have to hold our breath that whoever takes over can deliver wins.

Exactly. But at the same time, I feel Chad can win a SB, thats just me. But KC is a great backup to have on this Jets team. If anything happens to Chad I feel KC Can step in and make the plays to help this Jets team win. But as of right now, Chad is the starting QB and I really believe in him. If Chad went down due to an injury and KC came in... Well guess what? I would also believe in KC because Mangini drafted him in the 2nd round... And alot of experts said KC was the most "NFL Ready" out of all the QB's drafted... Cutler, Vince, Matt...

So I really believe in KC, but at the same time.. With this team that we have on the field with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington as our 1-2 Punch in the backfield, Coles and Cotchery as our Pocket A's as starting WR's also with players such as J.Mac, B.Smith, Baker, Stukey all being able to make plays... I feel Chad is the QB that needs to be starting as of right now. And also look at our O-Line... throwing KC in the fire as of right now could = Ryan Leaf part 2.

Chad just helped lead the Jets to the playoffs under a rookie head coach in Mangini, a first year OC in Martys boy, an O-Line that had 2 rookies in Brick and Mangold starting, a backfield with Barlow (Who just got cut from Pittsburg), Blaylock (Where is he now?) C.Houston (Where is he now) some backfield huh? A defense that could not stop the run, and at the same time still had 2 WR's in Coles and Cotch that put up Pro-Bowl type numbers. Chad is a winner... And if Chad HELPS this Jets team make the playoffs once again, he will be the starter ONCE AGAIN next year.

I couldn't agree more.

Archived