Chad on the trade block in 2008?

BwanaZulia

What Im saying is, Kellen Clemens is not better than Chad Pennington at this point...

If Chad goes out and does terrible, a BIG part of that will be becuase of the O-line...

I would hate to see Clemens play becuase of Chad... I want to see Kellen win the job becuase HE IS GOOD... not becuase CHAD IS BAD...

You never know.. if Chad has a bad year... they might go after a veteran FA for 08' becuase Kellen isnt the guy... where they drafted him means nothing... ask Schlegal... he was drafted right around the time Leon and Rhodes were...

Your opinion is that Kellen Clemens is not as good as Chad Pennington. There is no reason to throw a young guy out there when he hasn't learned the system. Tennessee, Arizona and Denver didn't have hard systems to learn and in Tennessee and Denver's cases they just handed the balls off to their running backs to help their young guns learn, Leinart handed it off a lot as well too come to think of it.

Who were the Jets going to let Kellen hand it too? Kevan Barlow? Nope. Not gonna happen. Plus, the Jets had the most difficult system to learn as far as plays and with Baby Schott wanting to run a lot of no huddle situations. You can't throw a rookie into that type of situation.

We have now seen Kellen mature a lot from his first year and Chad Pennington will be on a very short leash. The only reason why he has a leash at all is because of leading a 6 win talent team to 10-6 last season. He's lucky to have a leash at all. Like or not, Kellen is soon to be the starter.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's going to be an interesting decision after the season because Chad is due a boat load of cash in 2008.

I don't even read your posts,dude.Is there any way to embed a slideshow of this chick?lol

oh, while, I'm typing, does anyone put stock in the fact that The Genious named Chad the '07 starter like the second the season was over.

Your post has a lot of truth to it. Bledsoe is a guy that can't win a SB. I know he got there, and got beat by one of the better super bowl teams of the decade, but it would have taken that Patriot team about 10 more tries to beat the Packers in that particular game.

As you said hanging on to past glory, and the worry that our franchise will be reduced to what the Bengals went through when drafting QB's. Nobody on this site (minus trolls) wants to see the jets slide into successive 3 and 4 win seasons.

Once Chad is gone, whenever that is, we have to hold our breath that whoever takes over can deliver wins.

Funny thing, I seem more passionate to see a change for the Jets' good then the Chad-apologists.

Funny thing, I seem more passionate to see a change for the Jets' good then the Chad-apologists.

It's not a fair comparison (you and a jets fan), you want penny changed because you think we can do better (i think you can always do better, that's not the point). As a jet's fan i can handle having Penny behind center, because i know we can, and will have winning seasons, with a chance in postseason.

What you are saying, and i agree to an extent, is that we change it out and try for a better QB, but if we fail in finding a better QB you won't care. Where as I will care a great deal.

It's just a hard situation, we have an above average quaterback, and have no idea on how the replacement will be. No one in green wants to see us take a step back at the QB position, but this is a very real possability.

This is why i am content with Pennington, right or wrong.

Archived