GPS units - need recomendations..

Verde

Thanks all. 'Tis for a car.

Do they all give you alternate routes if you miss a turn? Or do they make you backtrack?

They give you alternate routes (it will recalculate within 2 seconds). But your husband is a man and he NEVER gets lost.

So this is a non-issue. :)

Do all brands require a subscription for traffic alerts? I was thinking of getting one. Used a Garmin in a rental car & it seemed pretty good.

I know the traffic alerts in my wrangler are tied to sirius. Don't know for sure but i would assume this is a way for them to extract a nice subscription fee out of you. I don't know how they would stream traffic info, I don't think they can do it just from the gps sats, so I think it needs to be tied to sat radio or something else.

I know the traffic alerts in my wrangler are tied to sirius. Don't know for sure but i would assume this is a way for them to extract a nice subscription fee out of you. I don't know how they would stream traffic info, I don't think they can do it just from the gps sats, so I think it needs to be tied to sat radio or something else.

Well I rented a car & tacked on $10/day for a few days for the GPS. Car didn't have satellite. It was a Garmin. Maybe some brands come with it is all I was wondering.

Well I rented a car & tacked on $10/day for a few days for the GPS. Car didn't have satellite. It was a Garmin. Maybe some brands come with it is all I was wondering.

I looked at it, with garmin, you have to buy more equipment to pick it up either through an fm broadcast by 1 of 2 services or xm, and no matter what it seems like there is a subscription in the end, although some of the hardware comes with a free year or something like that.

Archived