No team whines quite like the red sox

Barton

From the front office, to the manager and all the way down to the scrub players on the bench. The red sox have the biggest collection of whiny b*tches in all of baseball.

I cant wait till we stick another c### in their ear and put them out of their misery yet again. F'n pansys.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the front office, to the manager and all the way down to the scrub players on the bench. The red sox have the biggest collection of whiny b*tches in all of baseball.

I cant wait till we stick another c### in their ear and put them out of their misery yet again. F'n pansys.

:yawn: You would know.

In all seriousness Barton does have a point here. How does Kevin Youkilis say a damn word after nearly tripping on the pitchers running from second to third. Look, the umps blew the call to begin with so fine, take it. If they get together and get the call right then you shrug it off and go back to the dugout. Definitely getting a rep as a real crybaby and yes I would say the same thing if that was a yankee crying about a call where he is clearly 100% in the wrong without a shred of doubt.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2007/08/uniformgate.html

It's not like the Yankees aren't immune to whining, although it does seem with the Bush League play and antics that they are the causes of most of the whining. Now I didn't see the play in question, so I cannot comment on that, but I can say this: Barton why don't you take a timeout until the playoffs.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2007/08/uniformgate.html

It's not like the Yankees aren't immune to whining, although it does seem with the Bush League play and antics that they are the causes of most of the whining. Now I didn't see the play in question, so I cannot comment on that, but I can say this: Barton why don't you take a timeout until the playoffs.

Every team has it's share of whiners and I don't care for any of them. The occassional blowing off steam doesn't bother me but I've seen it a few times already from Youkilis and the example I gave about last night was just a joke. If you didn't see the play I can tell you what happened. He was standing on second, ground ball to A-Rod...A-Rod goes for the tag as Youks was running in front of him and he literally ran on the infield grass to avoid the tag. A-Rod throws to first for the out and the umps miss that he ran out of baseline. From the angle it was shown at live you couldn't tell how far out of baseline he was. The replay showed him running on the grass. In that case, any major league player knows he's wrong and should just shut up and go to the dugout instead of yelling and screaming like a college kid at a frat party. Again...JMO.

I heard that once the runner is past the tag, going out the base path is okay. He was past arod when he went onto the grass.

Youk also complained about getting intentionally hit. After hearing the lockeroom interviews, the entire Red Sox team is pissed about this series. I would like to personally thank the yanks for lighting a fire under these guys for the final stretch.

Every team has it's share of whiners and I don't care for any of them. The occassional blowing off steam doesn't bother me but I've seen it a few times already from Youkilis and the example I gave about last night was just a joke. If you didn't see the play I can tell you what happened. He was standing on second, ground ball to A-Rod...A-Rod goes for the tag as Youks was running in front of him and he literally ran on the infield grass to avoid the tag. A-Rod throws to first for the out and the umps miss that he ran out of baseline. From the angle it was shown at live you couldn't tell how far out of baseline he was. The replay showed him running on the grass. In that case, any major league player knows he's wrong and should just shut up and go to the dugout instead of yelling and screaming like a college kid at a frat party. Again...JMO.

AFJ - I think Youk should get the benefit of the doubt here. I am sure he thought he was on the base paths. Coupled with the way the series went, his 'whining' is partially excusable.

In the end, the system worked. The correct call was made.

AFJ - I think Youk should get the benefit of the doubt here. I am sure he thought he was on the base paths. Coupled with the way the series went, his 'whining' is partially excusable.

In the end, the system worked. The correct call was made.

I respect your opinion PFSIKH but I have to disagree. Having played the game I realize there are times when you try to avoid the tag but in all actuality you don't reallly know just how far out of the baseline you went to get away from it. As a baserunner though, once you feel grass under your feet you should know damn well that you are more out of the base line than you are in the baseline. Be a pro and walk away. I honestly would have no issue if Youk yelled out "bulllspit" or "dammit" but to carry on the way he did when he HAD to know he was in the wrong was just silly IMO.

I respect your opinion PFSIKH but I have to disagree. Having played the game I realize there are times when you try to avoid the tag but in all actuality you don't reallly know just how far out of the baseline you went to get away from it. As a baserunner though, once you feel grass under your feet you should know damn well that you are more out of the base line than you are in the baseline. Be a pro and walk away. I honestly would have no issue if Youk yelled out "bulllspit" or "dammit" but to carry on the way he did when he HAD to know he was in the wrong was just silly IMO.

I did not see the whole replay? Did he go George Brett?

Anyways, I agree with your points, all I am saying in the heat of the moment he might not have realized where was. You would think he would.

Probably, more the lost series then the play.

I heard that once the runner is past the tag, going out the base path is okay. He was past arod when he went onto the grass.

Youk also complained about getting intentionally hit. After hearing the lockeroom interviews, the entire Red Sox team is pissed about this series. I would like to personally thank the yanks for lighting a fire under these guys for the final stretch.

Oh BS! I wish I had the stats, but I'll bet anything over the past decade that the Sox have beaned more Yanks...Yanks have a bunch of pansies for pitchers...hopefully that will change.

Pukeilis whining:baby: about Joba trying to hit him in the head...NEWS FLASH...if he wanted to hit you in that ugly puss of yours, he would have done it...especially after the second throw.

Oh BS! I wish I had the stats, but I'll bet anything over the past decade that the Sox have beaned more Yanks...Yanks have a bunch of pansies for pitchers...hopefully that will change.

Pukeilis whining:baby: about Joba trying to hit him in the head...NEWS FLASH...if he wanted to hit you in that ugly puss of yours, he would have done it...especially after the second throw.

First, the Sox have hit more Yanks.

Second, while I do not think there was intent there. I also agree with everything Torre.

However, this kid has shown amazing control in his brief time in the majors. One pitch? Fine. Two pitches?

If you cannot execute a high and inside pitch to push someone off the plate, you do not need to pitch there.

I did not see the whole replay? Did he go George Brett?

Anyways, I agree with your points, all I am saying in the heat of the moment he might not have realized where was. You would think he would.

Probably, more the lost series then the play.

No, but then again nobody has ever gone George Brett except George Brett, and Carl Evertt when the ump told him to stay in the batters box. He was yelling at the ump when he initially made the call. Francona came out to get him out of the umps face and then he continued shouting on his way back to the dugout and was still bitching in the dugout. Again, heat of the moment I understand. Yell an obscenity. Throw your arms up or whatever, but the way he was carrying on would have made you think he really got robbed when the absolute correct call was made. I'm not saying that this is a huge deal or anything but as I've said, he just came across like a whiny little kid. You're probably right though about the outcome of the series getting to him. Either way, Yanks are still 5 back but I don't see them losing the wild card. Bottom line is that of the three teams fighting it out, the Yanks are playing the best baseball.

First, the Sox have hit more Yanks.

Second, while I do not think there was intent there. I also agree with everything Torre.

However, this kid has shown amazing control in his brief time in the majors. One pitch? Fine. Two pitches?

If you cannot execute a high and inside pitch to push someone off the plate, you do not need to pitch there.

Come on PF, you more than anyone should know better than that. It's called firing for effect. Did Joba throw over his head on purpose...damn right. Did he try to hit him...hell no. Like I said, if the intent was to bean him, the second shot would have got him...two throws exactly in the same spot.

Come on PF, you more than anyone should know better than that. It's called firing for effect. Did Joba throw over his head on purpose...damn right. Did he try to hit him...hell no. Like I said, if the intent was to bean him, the second shot would have got him...two throws exactly in the same spot.

Becareful NS...you might get a DQ and become NSDQ. ;)

I am not disagreeing with your point. Sail one over his head. Message delivered. Two? That is all I am saying. That is the odd thing with what happened it make no sense.

No, but then again nobody has ever gone George Brett except George Brett, and Carl Evertt when the ump told him to stay in the batters box. He was yelling at the ump when he initially made the call. Francona came out to get him out of the umps face and then he continued shouting on his way back to the dugout and was still bitching in the dugout. Again, heat of the moment I understand. Yell an obscenity. Throw your arms up or whatever, but the way he was carrying on would have made you think he really got robbed when the absolute correct call was made. I'm not saying that this is a huge deal or anything but as I've said, he just came across like a whiny little kid. You're probably right though about the outcome of the series getting to him. Either way, Yanks are still 5 back but I don't see them losing the wild card. Bottom line is that of the three teams fighting it out, the Yanks are playing the best baseball.

You know the choke collar is getting heavy in Boston. Last year 5 game sweep on top of this past weekend, I imagine tension is high.

I have a question. I heard on Mike and Mike and now Colin Cowherd, Yankees are playing the best ball. Didn't they just lose 5 of 7 before the Sox series to fall 8 games back? If they had to face the Sox everyday, I would say yes, but we are done for two weeks.

Becareful NS...you might get a DQ and become NSDQ. ;)

I am not disagreeing with your point. Sail one over his head. Message delivered. Two? That is all I am saying. That is the odd thing with what happened it make no sense.

You know the choke collar is getting heavy in Boston. Last year 5 game sweep on top of this past weekend, I imagine tension is high.

I have a question. I heard on Mike and Mike and now Colin Cowherd, Yankees are playing the best ball. Didn't they just lose 5 of 7 before the Sox series to fall 8 games back? If they had to face the Sox everyday, I would say yes, but we are done for two weeks.

They are playing the best ball. One or two bad series on the road doesn't negate the great baseball they've been playing since the ASB. It's easy to say "oh, but look at this. They played poorly over a stretch of four whole entire games" but in reality they've been great and if not for Mussina who is now out of here they'd be that much better.

There were a couple things yesterday that made no sense. The first was Youk, daring to argue the call. How far out of the baseline does he thing he can run?

And Chamberlain. WTF? He said it wasn't on purpose, but twice? In a situation that made NO sense?

An entertaining game, but weird.

Haggis' spin on this whole deal is hilarious!

Youks isnt even the biggest whiner they have; that would be Lucchino. Then of course, there was Trot Nixon. Curt Schilling, Pedroia, Ortiz from time to time, Beckett. Oh and dont forget Francona! Christ, what a whiny beyatch.

The only guy who just does his thing like a pro is Tim Wakefield. The rest are just a bunch of whiny facks.

Remember when Clemens threw a high fastball about 3 feet from Mannys head in 2003 at fenway and Manny flipped out acting tough with the bat in his hand? Another primadonna red sox player.

If I were Youk I would have been upset as well.

He also took one on or near the coconut earlier this year from Proctor.

That being said. He should no better. Where in the past the Sox would dig in with zero fear of any kind of retailation, well that isn't happening anymore.

Should be even more fun when the hostilities resume up in Fenway.

If I were Youk I would have been upset as well.

He also took one on or near the coconut earlier this year from Proctor.

That being said. He should no better. Where in the past the Sox would dig in with zero fear of any kind of retailation, well that isn't happening anymore.

Should be even more fun when the hostilities resume up in Fenway.

He had a right to be upset. Those pitches were kind of over the line. Twice is rough.

Anyhow the next series should be good. I just hope it still means something for the Sox.

:P

Just being on the grass doesn't necessarily make you out of the basepath. There is an imaginary line from 2nd to 3rd. You have 3 feet either way from that line which is considered the basepath. If the infield grass is within that 3 feet, it is entirely possible to be on the grass and still in the basepath.

That said, the right call was made. Youkilis is an emotional guy, playing their biggest rival, and got pissed off. It happens.

I seem to remember alot of whining after the Karim Garcia incident. Who is Karim Garcia? What short memories we have.

Just being on the grass doesn't necessarily make you out of the basepath. There is an imaginary line from 2nd to 3rd. You have 3 feet either way from that line which is considered the basepath. If the infield grass is within that 3 feet, it is entirely possible to be on the grass and still in the basepath.

That said, the right call was made. Youkilis is an emotional guy, playing their biggest rival, and got pissed off. It happens.

I seem to remember alot of whining after the Karim Garcia incident. Who is Karim Garcia? What short memories we have.

In 20 years of watching baseball I have never seen a baserunner use the infield grass as part of his route to get from one bag to the other while avoiding a tag and not get called out. If he was within the three feet why was he called out after the umps got together and discussed what happened. He was out of the baseline. The umps got it right...he kicked and screamed like a little kid that didn't get his ice cream cone. Grow up.

Lets be fair here, we dont know if Joba was doing it intentionally. Pedro definitely was, no question.

Weren't there a couple with Garcia? Which incident are you referring to?

In all seriousness Barton does have a point here. How does Kevin Youkilis say a damn word after nearly tripping on the pitchers running from second to third. Look, the umps blew the call to begin with so fine, take it. If they get together and get the call right then you shrug it off and go back to the dugout. Definitely getting a rep as a real crybaby and yes I would say the same thing if that was a yankee crying about a call where he is clearly 100% in the wrong without a shred of doubt.

Barton has no point. I am sure Youk's reaction was heat of the moment and likely changed upon seeing the replay.

Threads like this again reinforce while everyone hates some of the Yankee fanbase.

Still 5 games behind but out they come after a nice series win with the chest thumping, knocking their opponents class.

Barton has no point. I am sure Youk's reaction was heat of the moment and likely changed upon seeing the replay.

Threads like this again reinforce while everyone hates some of the Yankee fanbase.

Still 5 games behind but out they come after a nice series win with the chest thumping, knocking their opponents class.

What a complete load of crap. Youk, who I think is a good guy, throws a tantrum that completely embarrasses his team and himself, and it's somehow the fault of Yankee fans.

The Sox had a chance to put the Yanks away. They failed, miserably. Deal with it.

Cmon -- this is the Red Sox we are talking about. There is a lot of history here. Look at the # of hit batters over the last 10 years. Yankee fans have a right to be annoyed by all of this. And most Yankee fans feel that until the Yankees hit 80 batters and catch up, there shouldn't be any complaining.

What a complete load of crap. Youk, who I think is a good guy, throws a tantrum that completely embarrasses his team and himself, and it's somehow the fault of Yankee fans.

The Sox had a chance to put the Yanks away. They failed, miserably. Deal with it.

Youk's reaction has nothing to do with Yankee fans....the thread topic does.

Archived