For you WWE wrestling fans

faba

WWE Suspends 10 for Drug, Steroid Use

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN, Associated Press Writer

Fri Aug 31, 0:24 AMUPDATED 8 HOURS 23 MINUTES AGO

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended 10 of its wrestlers for violations of a policy that tests for steroids and other drugs, the company said Thursday.

Stamford-based WWE says it issued suspension notices based on independent information from the prosecutor's office in Albany County, N.Y., which has been investigating illegal steroid sales.

Neither the WWE nor the Albany County district attorney's office would comment on the suspended wrestlers' identities Thursday. No criminal charges were filed, they said.

Under a WWE wellness policy instituted last year that requires tests for steroids and other drugs, a wrestler faces a 30-day suspension without pay for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation. Performers are tested at least four times per year.

"We are very actively working to eradicate the use of steroids and performance enhancing drugs in the WWE," WWE spokesman Gary Davis said. "Today's action is part of that effort."

WWE officials met this month with New York prosecutors investigating illegal steroid sales. Albany County prosecutor P. David Soares' office has said that pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his family before hanging himself in June, and other WWE wrestlers had been clients of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, Fla. Investigators say Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system at the time.

When Soares' office began investigating the illegal sale and distribution of controlled substances, he said, his office sought the help of WWE after a number of its wrestlers appeared on customer lists of clinics connected with Signature Pharmacy.

Nine people, including three current or former physicians, have pleaded guilty, most affiliated with Internet and phone-order companies that filled orders for anabolic steroids and growth hormones through Signature and sent drugs to customers around the country, including Albany County.

Signature's owners have pleaded not guilty.

The Benoit case prompted the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to ask WWE to turn over any information it has on steroid and drug abuse in pro wrestling. The committee has not yet scheduled a hearing on the case.

WWE said the company's practice has been to not release the names of suspended wrestlers, but the company has notified performers that starting Nov. 1 the names of those suspended for violating the policy will be made public.

WWE has about 160 wrestlers. WWE shares closed Thursday at $14.80, down 21 cents.

Good luck explaining this one on the air.

This is as bad as Vince McMahon pretending to be dead. then having to show up on the air the following week to say someone else was actually dead.

Wrestling is a joke.

Yeah but it's a multi-million if not billion dollar joke.

It just isn't what it was in the 80's and part of the 90's (at least the times I watched it). I had not watched any WWE for about a year and a half until last Sunday when a friend invited me over to watch Summerslam. Some of the faces have changed, but the same old tired, boring storylines are there. Appears I didn't miss much at all, even though seeing my favorite wrestler return, HHH, was nice.

When will wrestling ever go back to just being a sport, or will it ever do that? Chances are it will stay on its current course, which means I will not watch.

It just isn't what it was in the 80's and part of the 90's (at least the times I watched it). I had not watched any WWE for about a year and a half until last Sunday when a friend invited me over to watch Summerslam. Some of the faces have changed, but the same old tired, boring storylines are there. Appears I didn't miss much at all, even though seeing my favorite wrestler return, HHH, was nice.

When will wrestling ever go back to just being a sport, or will it ever do that? Chances are it will stay on its current course, which means I will not watch.

Just my two cents but how can anybody care about wrestling with the UFC going on? Those guys are beasts. Nowhere near as much drama and actual real life kicking the **** out of each other.

Just my two cents but how can anybody care about wrestling with the UFC going on? Those guys are beasts. Nowhere near as much drama and actual real life kicking the **** out of each other.

Yeah, and like I said it was the first time in over a year I even watched something wrestling-related. It just doesn't intrigue me anymore, so I've moved on.

True that. I also saw an article, but forgot to read it and could not find it again, but the title implied that UFC was the next target of the Roid Police.

IMHO UFC is the best combination of boxing, wrestling and the MTV generation.

MMA gives you the violence you crave. Like wrestling, it has a big event every month or two, so you are not waiting a year between big fights like boxing. It is alot faster paced then boxing and the matches do not last forever.

So, whomever is not on the show can be assumed to be suspended under the WWE Wellness Policy. Hmmm.

As per today's New york Daily news

Randy Orton

Charlie Haas

Edge

Booker T

Shane Helms (The Hurricane)

Mike Bucci (No idea)

Anthony Carelli (No idea)

Johnny Nitro (Johnny Morrison)

William Regal (WTF !?!)

Mr. Kennedy (Real nice after going on all the news networks following the Benoit murders saying he has been clean for over a year)

Umaga (Again WTF !?!)

Funaki !?! :rl: :rl: Should have gotten a refund

Chavo Guerrero Jr. (Really dissapointed to see his name considering that he lost his brother Eddie to drugs and one of his best friends in Benoit)

How come guys like Batista, Bobby Lashley and HHH are not on the list ?

I think like 7 years ago I kinda got back intot he wrestling thing, it is like a soap opera for guys. At the time I was a wall street suit monkey and scored a whole skybox at the garden for monday night raw. I invited a bunch of guys, we got trashed in the box and started our own battle royale. It was a crazy show too, i remember one old character, an old female wrestler or something, gave birth, it was a weird storyline, especially when you are sitting there wrecked out of your mind and challanging older guys in the next skybox over with their kids to a vip box battle.

It was a crazy show too, i remember one old character, an old female wrestler or something, gave birth, it was a weird storyline, especially when you are sitting there wrecked out of your mind and challanging older guys in the next skybox over with their kids to a vip box battle.

I remember that. I can't think of the ladies name but she was like 100 years old and she gave birth to a hand...a f#cking hand!!

I remember that. I can't think of the ladies name but she was like 100 years old and she gave birth to a hand...a f#cking hand!!

Just found a snippet about it. It was inferred it was a sex toy. LOL, I was there drunk off my ass watching this, nobody knew WTF was going on.

Also in 2000, Young (kayfabe) dated WWF superstar Mark Henry, and the pair announced that Mae was pregnant. During this storyline, The Dudley Boyz, specifically Bubba Ray Dudley, powerbombed Mae from the stage through a table because of the Dudley's loss to Mark Henry due to an interference of Mae Young. The "child" was eventually delivered and found to be nothing more than a bloody rubber hand, presumably a sex toy that had gotten stuck.

There was also some kind of lawsuit brought about:

During the broadcast in question, one of the storylines involved a ringside wrestling manager named Mae, whose apparent age would not have suggested that she might be pregnant. In any event, the unlikely scenario leads to an emergency premature labour resulting from her physical involvement in a wrestling match. Mae is rushed by a "medic" and a group of wrestling officials to a hallway or room behind the seating area in the arena. Throughout the episode, viewers are shown updates of her situation. In one scene, Mae is seen smoking a cigar while the "medic" prepares her for the delivery. Following a series of short cuts to and from wrestling matches, the "medic" uses a large but ordinary tool, rather than a medical device, namely, a pair of pliers, to deliver the "baby", which turns out to be a "human" hand, covered in a jelly-like substance. TSN provided a single viewer advisory, broadcast shortly before the final delivery scene, which states "Warning: The following program contains material that may offend some viewers. Discretion is advised."

Yeah, and like I said it was the first time in over a year I even watched something wrestling-related. It just doesn't intrigue me anymore, so I've moved on.

Awww.. Our little boy is growing up! What's next? Putting down the comics?

I was reading about this scandal on wikipedia and found myself on the page for Stephanie McMahon who is Vince McMahon's daughter. Apparently according to the info, her dad had brought up a storyline where they would do some type of incest between Vince and Stephanie and the two have a relationship and she shot it down. pretty f***ed up.

And they wonder why they don't get taken seriously.

I was reading about this scandal on wikipedia and found myself on the page for Stephanie McMahon who is Vince McMahon's daughter. Apparently according to the info, her dad had brought up a storyline where they would do some type of incest between Vince and Stephanie and the two have a relationship and she shot it down. pretty f***ed up.

And they wonder why they don't get taken seriously.

Not for nothing but I don't think they ever wonder why they're not taken seriously. They're too busy counting their money.

Good luck explaining this one on the air.

This is as bad as Vince McMahon pretending to be dead. then having to show up on the air the following week to say someone else was actually dead.

Wrestling is a joke.

Can you get a video of that, like the 1st time Vince being on air after being " Dead."

Brock Lesnar wants to fight in the UFC now, that should be interesting.

He already beat the pi$$ out of some poor scrub. He has an extensive background in amateur wrestling so I'm sure he can do fairly well in the octagon.

Archived