Our OL..

NY Jets Guy

Alright I was bored so I sort of skimmed through the past two preseason games and watched the OL a bit.

Clement is not all that good. He has his good plays, but consitently gets beat to the outside and loses his man. He's lucky that he has the benefit of Penny being able to see when he doesn't block a defender. With A.Jones as the only real back-up here, I would not be surprised if the FO brings in a FA Tackle.

Moore is up and down. One play he will pull the the left side and make a great block, the next he will block his man into the RB. He's not great, but he is a decent RG.

Bender did have a sloppy game against the NYG, but he's a rookie and it was his frist start. He seems like he struggles when he is faced with a quick/agile defender. Aside from his few slip ups he seemed to be controling his man at the line of scrimmage and opened up a few holes for RB's. He won't drive his guy 10 yards back every play, but he does a good job of knowing where the play is going and sealing his man away from it.

Clarke reminds me of Moore. He'll have a few great plays, then just blow it.

Fergy seems to be struggling with his hand fighting. He'll give a defender a good pop, but then get beat with a quick move. At times I think I might be be able to pull a swim move on him.

Leon is a great RB but does not do a great job picking up blitzes; getting driven back into Chad on a bunch of plays. Thomas Jones will certainly do a much better job at that.

Your really becoming a great poster here at JN, I like alot of your threads.

One bright spot on the O-Line has to be Mangold, he's gonna be something special.

haha, thanks for the love.

Mangold definitely made the FO look smart for dropping Mawae. Fergy and Bender should both develop to at the very least be solid.

I think next years draft is gonna be full of OL and DL selections.

Alright I was bored so I sort of skimmed through the past two preseason games and watched the OL a bit.

Clement is not all that good. He has his good plays, but consitently gets beat to the outside and loses his man. He's lucky that he has the benefit of Penny being able to see when he doesn't block a defender. With A.Jones as the only real back-up here, I would not be surprised if the FO brings in a FA Tackle.

Moore is up and down. One play he will pull the the left side and make a great block, the next he will block his man into the RB. He's not great, but he is a decent RG.

Bender did have a sloppy game against the NYG, but he's a rookie and it was his frist start. He seems like he struggles when he is faced with a quick/agile defender. Aside from his few slip ups he seemed to be controling his man at the line of scrimmage and opened up a few holes for RB's. He won't drive his guy 10 yards back every play, but he does a good job of knowing where the play is going and sealing his man away from it.

Clarke reminds me of Moore. He'll have a few great plays, then just blow it.

Fergy seems to be struggling with his hand fighting. He'll give a defender a good pop, but then get beat with a quick move. At times I think I might be be able to pull a swim move on him.

Leon is a great RB but does not do a great job picking up blitzes; getting driven back into Chad on a bunch of plays. Thomas Jones will certainly do a much better job at that.

Great post.Spot on about Moore.

I didnt think kendall was all that special but after watching the Giants game again he clearly brough a lot to that OL.

We need to sort some thing out before Sunday week.

I still don't think Kendal is all that special. He is a good offensive linemen, but how much longer is he good for?

Realize that in the Giants game, Bender had been practicing guard for... maybe a week? The Giants also have a pretty decent pass rush (very quick/agile DL & LB's) that were doing a bit of blitzing. He didn't play great, but for a rookie's first start at a new position... I didn't think it was all that bad.

I think he'll actually do a bit better dealing with the bigger, but slower Pats DL. He may struggle picking up blitzes from LB's up the gut though.

haha, thanks for the love.

Mangold definitely made the FO look smart for dropping Mawae. Fergy and Bender should both develop to at the very least be solid.

I think next years draft is gonna be full of OL and DL selections.

I don't understand why we didn't trade up to get Justin Blalock.