RB by Committee Question

drago

Who do you take first in a draft (if you need to take one), the TD guy? or the yards guy?

For instance, last year, M. Barber III had over 10 TD's yet Jones was considered the primary back, by the end of the season it was obvious you wanted Barber.

As another barber goes, Tiki, and Jacobs last year. In this case no one would have ever selected Jacobs ahead of barber, but Jacobs is still a worth 2nd or 3rd back (more likely third)

The last set i'll bring up is Deuce, and Reggie. Last year i had Deuce and he had good yards and TD's, this year i would also stick with Deuce because i think he'll get a lot of goal line carries, although reggie is assured to beat him in yards.

Any other tough backs to select? leon, D. Williams, Norewood? they are usually tough calls...thoughts?

I'd take the one I believe will score more fantasy points. Not every RBBC situation is like the Jones/Barber situation. I will take Reggie Bush over Deuce. He only scored one less TD last year and he should have an even bigger role this year.

I'm not high on Williams or Foster, but I have drafted Foster in both JN drafts I've done, several rounds later than Williams. Foster has looked good in the preseason and he is currently the starter.

Who do you take first in a draft (if you need to take one), the TD guy? or the yards guy?

For instance, last year, M. Barber III had over 10 TD's yet Jones was considered the primary back, by the end of the season it was obvious you wanted Barber.

As another barber goes, Tiki, and Jacobs last year. In this case no one would have ever selected Jacobs ahead of barber, but Jacobs is still a worth 2nd or 3rd back (more likely third)

The last set i'll bring up is Deuce, and Reggie. Last year i had Deuce and he had good yards and TD's, this year i would also stick with Deuce because i think he'll get a lot of goal line carries, although reggie is assured to beat him in yards.

Any other tough backs to select? leon, D. Williams, Norewood? they are usually tough calls...thoughts?

I wouldn't really consider duece/bush as a committee, you will see them in the game together more then either seperately i think. They have plans of putting bush out there as a receiver. I think Bush also has the ability to break off one of those crazy 50-80 yard runs at any time, so he is clearly the back to have on that team. The only real committee back i like is jones-drew, he is entering his second year and should be even better then 06, and his counterpart is fragile freddy taylor, so I think JD is a pretty good pick.

Archived