von Oelhoffen...el gone O

NIGHT STALKER

I'm torn. He sucked as a player but was a great guy for our younger ones in the locker room. Now at least wads will survive another cut.

Perhaps....

I don't think Was is a very good OLB, but he looks pretty decent when his hands in the dirt when we are in a 4-3. He's patient and doesn't overpurse, and tends to put good pressure on the QB if he comes his way (hand's in his face etc.).

So they paid him his bonus in April and cut him in August. Another misstep for the FO

I think they kept him all this time just in case things didn't work out with

all the defensive linemen they signed in the offseason.

I may be wrong about this but if the roster bonus was only 600,000 does it

get cap wise spread out over the two years he had remaining so that it

is only a 300,000 hit each year. if so not even tip money in the whole scheme of

things.

31 teams would have kept this guy for financial reasons- it's really good to see that the Jets don't subscribe to conventional thinking. Taking money out of the equation, Kimo didn't deserve to be on the 53 man roster, it was that simple.

SO they cut a guy who they paid a bonus... but wouldnt just give their best LG optiona million bucks?

SO they cut a guy who they paid a bonus... but wouldnt just give their best LG optiona million bucks?

Pete Kendal was on the Jets last year. Remember, when the OLine was slapped around in the playoffs? That rocked. I am not sad about not bringing the same exact line back.

Pete Kendal was on the Jets last year. Remember, when the OLine was slapped around in the playoffs? That rocked. I am not sad about not bringing the same exact line back.

Yeah... and now they are worse off... for now anyways

Yeah... and now they are worse off... for now anyways

They couldn't run the ball at all last year. How does it get worse than that? Yes they didn't get a QB killed like the previous season. But really I don't see how anyone has the balls to ask for a raise based on that kind of performance.

DBrick and Mangold will hopefully both step up in their 2nd season. Moore is okay. RT and LG are issues. But no way do I give a current player a raise to do an average job.

Pass.

But really I don't see how anyone has the balls to ask for a raise based on that kind of performance.

1- we all know kendall has a big set of cajones

2-supply and demand. he knew there was no quality depth at guard

3- maybe in his own mind, they did give him cues that they would look at his salary again this year, or...

4-he really wanted out

I think they kept him all this time just in case things didn't work out with

all the defensive linemen they signed in the offseason.

I may be wrong about this but if the roster bonus was only 600,000 does it

get cap wise spread out over the two years he had remaining so that it

is only a 300,000 hit each year. if so not even tip money in the whole scheme of

things.

So they were able to rationalize givng tip money to roadkill, who was a waste last year, and wont play this year, but they wouldnt give just above that to kendall, who by merit DID deserve to be on the 53.

I'm just saying, this FO has been a little bizarre with their OL and DL lately.

They couldn't run the ball at all last year. How does it get worse than that? Yes they didn't get a QB killed like the previous season. But really I don't see how anyone has the balls to ask for a raise based on that kind of performance.

DBrick and Mangold will hopefully both step up in their 2nd season. Moore is okay. RT and LG are issues. But no way do I give a current player a raise to do an average job.

Pass.

I'm not saying that I'm disappointed in Kendall moving out of here because I hate whiney little bitches going to the press...but, do you think Kendall lied when he said it was a handshake agreement about getting a raise? That part puzzles me.

I'm not saying that I'm disappointed in Kendall moving out of here because I hate whiney little bitches going to the press...but, do you think Kendall lied when he said it was a handshake agreement about getting a raise? That part puzzles me.

Actually I kind of believe Kendall. I am sure they led him to believe he would get more money. But I don't feel real sorry for him.

He got his money -- so in a way it all worked for him. He has to play for Synder though. That usually ends badly.

So they were able to rationalize givng tip money to roadkill, who was a waste last year, and wont play this year, but they wouldnt give just above that to kendall, who by merit DID deserve to be on the 53.

I'm just saying, this FO has been a little bizarre with their OL and DL lately.

We can't keep going back to the Kendall fiasco every time from here on in

when a player is cut or restructured up or down.

It was a unique situation and every case has to be handled differently.

We can't keep going back to the Kendall fiasco every time from here on in

when a player is cut or restructured up or down.

It was a unique situation and every case has to be handled differently.

I'll be keeping a running list on the FOs F-ups.

-drafting Schlegal in the third

-not having adequate LG depth

-Taking Brick with the 4th overall

-trading a pick for Barlow

-no real NT, and RT

The issue was about money. You have to start another thread on this one.

Yes, the money thing is what i connected in my first post here:

"So they were able to rationalize givng tip money to roadkill, who was a waste last year, and wont play this year, but they wouldnt give just above that to kendall, who on merit deserved to be on the 53."

Archived