Which cut will be the most disappointing/surprising?

JetCane

One year ago, i remember being down in SoFla for the Maimi-FSu game. I was sitting by the pool and opened the paper to check the league-wide cuts, and was stunned to see that McClover had been cut, especially after he had just blocked a punt and ran it in for a TD in the last preseason game.

So, which player will be cut today that will be an unexpected move?

I'll say... Adrian Jones most surprising, Wadsworth most disappointing.

WhbCEi_Aac4&mode=related&search=

I know he's almost certain to get cut, but I really like the Andre Wadsworth story. He's been through hell, and didn't give up. I really wish there was a way to keep him, because he seemed to have a spark when he played. Granted, he was playing against a bunch of guys who will be stock brokers and garbagemen next Monday, but he played his heart out.

Andre would be the most disappointing. At the time he signed they said he was 290. Sounds like a good 3 -4 end at that weight. Learning a new position at this point is rough. I understand they have to take the players that will give them the most talented roster. But as fans we can root and most of us rooted for Andre. Hoped that that he could defy the odds.

So he would definitely be the most disappointing.

Surprising for me would be Marques Tui. If he doesn't make it I think they are making a HUGE mistake. It is nice to try and save those roster spots. But you can't get too cute with the QB. Brad Smith can not play QB on any kind of regular basis in this league.

Andre would be the most disappointing. At the time he signed they said he was 290. Sounds like a good 3 -4 end at that weight. Learning a new position at this point is rough. I understand they have to take the players that will give them the most talented roster. But as fans we can root and most of us rooted for Andre. Hoped that that he could defy the odds.

Surprising for me would be Marques Tui. If he doesn't make it I think they are making a HUGE mistake. It is nice to try and save those roster spots. But you can't get too cute with the QB. Brad Smith can not play QB on any kind of regular basis in this league.

I think they will ajust the roster to get the most out of it and that it is more likey that we save roster spots on defense than offense. Keeping players like Posiak, Jackson, Ventrone, Tui, would greatly help this team.

Robertson/Mosely/Pouha can cover backup DE/NT spots and some of the LB's like Thomas/Bowens can play OLB/DE, some of the DB's can also cover multiple DB positions.

I think they will also save a spot with Tutt being the back up FB and #3 RB... and placing Danny Ware on the practice squad, bringing him in for specific games only.

One year ago, i remember being down in SoFla for the Maimi-FSu game. I was sitting by the pool and opened the paper to check the league-wide cuts, and was stunned to see that McClover had been cut, especially after he had just blocked a punt and ran it in for a TD in the last preseason game.

So, which player will be cut today that will be an unexpected move?

I'll say... Adrian Jones most surprising, Wadsworth most disappointing.

That's a good post, I was VERY happy when we got McGlover so late and VERY shocked he got cut, you're right on. Being a South Florida resident for about 15 years now, I love drafting FSU or Miami players(not so much Gators), but, anyway McClover's with the Bears, not playing he's probably on Specials though.

Back to your question, I hope they don't cut Poteat. In fact I completely forgot to mention him before, now I'm REALLY for the Dyson trade, but ONLY for a VERY GOOD OG,not another Kendall, a guy at Dyson's level or a little lower and a pick.

Poteat played lights out at the end of last season.

Now if I could hijack your thread and through this sentence in,

Another guy is Eric Smith who played dam well IMHO, we are so deep in the secondary and so glaringly ABSENT on the line in between two stud rookies we drafted 1st round, that trade makes nothing but sense the more I think about it. Sorry about that.

Your right about McClover and Poteat is my answer. lol

I will be disappointed if they cut Tui. Not that I am a fan of his work but I dont want Brad Smith to be a backup QB. Having him line up at QB for some trick plays is cool but thats my limit.

Why is everyone so down on this guy Tui?, I admit my south florida cable package doesn't allow me but one jets game, but didn't he orchestrate like 2 game winning 4 quarter drives.I know, it was against 9th string guys, but it was an NFL game and the pressure is there, I don't care what anyone says. MORE FOR HIM becasuse he's going for a job and leading a team down the field.

Like I said, I'm basing this on reading print after the game,but isn't that a pretty good quality for a third string to have?

brett ratiff poor guy never played in a game

Why is everyone so down on this guy Tui?, I admit my south florida cable package doesn't allow me but one jets game, but didn't he orchestrate like 2 game winning 4 quarter drives.I know, it was against 9th string guys, but it was an NFL game and the pressure is there, I don't care what anyone says. MORE FOR HIM becasuse he's going for a job and leading a team down the field.

Like I said, I'm basing this on reading print after the game,but isn't that a pretty good quality for a third string to have?

He faced the Jets a few years ago as a Raider and had one of the worst performances I've ever seen by an NFL QB. I'm sure many here have seen it and remember it too well.

hey Max since it seems you have some inside thing going on in terms of Andre Wadsworth I wonder if there's any way we could get him over here at Da Nation (if he gets cut) to post or blog for us-he would have some great inside stuff on the Jets that I'd love to read-we're ALL rooting for him-it's a great story on the human spirit

Now that they are all in I think I am happy that Tui is the 3rd QB, Smith couldn't handle it and that is the wrong roster spot to try and get cute.

Also happy that Wallace Wright is here. They have a lot of talent at WR and he is obviously here because of special teams play. Just glad that they didn't overlook him.

Call me crazy but I think Chansi is going to have a hard time being in the top 45 for the first several weeks.

Looks like Ware is the most surprising, and at this point I'd say hamilton is the most disappointing. He's a good guy, sorry to see him go.

I see it the other way - i like when the vets get cut because it indicates to me that the roster is getting younger and - hopefully - better.

Archived