David Wright NL MVP?

GimmeShelter

Rotoworlds take:

Wright's on pace to establish new career-highs in batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, OPS, homers, runs, and walks. And after going 3-for-4 with a steal Thursday, he's now 30-for-34 (88 percent) swiping bags to rank sixth in the league.

With a strong power showing in September he could join the 30-30 Club, and he'll likely top the century mark for both RBIs and runs to go along with another .300 average. A spectacular season for a 24-year-old third baseman, not only is Wright a legitimate MVP candidate in real life, only Hanley Ramirez has been more valuable in fantasy terms among NL hitters. After a solid first half, Wright has batted .375 with a 1.090 OPS and a dozen steals in 46 second-half games.

Lost in all the gaudy numbers is that Wright has drawn 39 walks compared to just 31 strikeouts in the second half, giving him a Barry Bonds-like .490 on-base percentage since the All-Star break. Always a patient hitter, Wright may top 100 walks for the first time. Not only are the boost in walk rate and improved strikeout-to-walk ratio good signs for Wright's overall development as a hitter, it's excellent news for fantasy owners who're counting on him continuing to pile up steals.

I think Chase Utleys loss of time due to injury may allow Wright to win the NVP as a 24 yr old.

He is so good at such a early age he has almost become underated.

any one of the 3 guys in Philly can be mentioned also. Although they will all probably get votes, thus taking votes away from each other. Fielder has slowed down big time, as has his Brewers. With a good sept. and the mets hold onto the division, Wright can win it.

Reyes is more of an MVP than Wright

but guys like Ryan Howard, Chase "The Mets would be in 2nd place if I didn't get hurt" Utley, Prince Fielder, Miggy Cabrera, Albert Pujols and Brandon Webb/Jake Peavy deserve consideration

Wright's season is much better than Reyes which is saying a lot.

Injuries are also part of the game with the Mets having had their share. Alou, Beltran, Delgado, Valentin,LoDuca.

Howard wont be in the running unless he goes on a HR binge as he isn't even leading the MVP candidates in HR's. (Fielder).

Miguel Cabrera isn't even having the best season on his own team( Hanley Ramirez) and quite simply isn't the 5 tool player that David Wright is....never has been and never will be. Turns out Wright is the best 3rd baseman in the NL East afterall.

Fielder and Pujols are players worth mentioning while Peavy should grab the Cy Young and Ryan Braun , who looks to be a superstar taking home the rookie of the year.

but guys like Ryan Howard, Chase "The Mets would be in 2nd place if I didn't get hurt" Utley, Prince Fielder, Miggy Cabrera, Albert Pujols and Brandon Webb/Jake Peavy deserve consideration

No, he really isn't, at least not this season. Reyes has been a big disappointment this season, especially after what he did last season.

Not this year. Wright is getting the hits and RBI's at key times for the Mets, when the games on the line in the heat of the pennent race. Wright gets my vote. :character42:

Archived