Seymour out for first 6 games

madmike1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, that was the game in the slop, where the Pats played TERRIBLE, without Ty Warren and the jets played great. Congrats on the masterpiece. Meanwhile, let's forget all about the 21-point pasting put on you in the most recent game.

I'm just pointing out that the addition of Harrison and Seymour does not make them immortal. Simply a little tougher to beat.

No, I don't - which is why I put 4-2 and 5-1 in there, too. I don't KNOW how they'll start. But I suspect it'll be one of those 3. Do you not? If so, WHY THE F do you think that? What is your prediction on their first 6 games?

My point was, and is, that we are going to get those players BACK. And when we do, it's likely we will already have a pretty damn good record. Will you guys then acknowledge that it's a pretty big deal for a team with an already good record to get back two VERY impactful players for their D.

Do you guys care to answer or would you rather just hang out in your delusional little world when there jets "will win the AFCE?" Seriously. That's nuts.

I would have to agree with you. I can see the Patriots, despite missing two starters, at 5-1 with a loss to the Chargers.

And when did I say anything about immortal?

I think you're trying to distract, which is a typical messageboard tact, I understand, but my question was: Those of you who are saying how screwed the Pats are without Seymour and Rodney, WHAT WILL YOU SAY when they get back, given the likelihood that a 4-2 or better Pats team will then be ADDING two guys YOU consider so crucial?

Care to answer? Legitimately?

If the Pats go 5-1 over their first 6, I will be very happy. I see the Pats as a 12-13 win team - or I DID, until Rodney and his stupidity came to light. Now I see them as a 10-12 win team. I'm not sure you guys are aware just how deep and good this Pats team is. I acknowledge, of course, it's all just useless "on paper" stuff, but BB and company have quite a track record - and that's with WORSE talent than they have now. So, while I know it's all proven on the field, I feel like this team is pretty well set up. The idea that they won't make the playoffs is just pure, homeristic craziness mixed with wishful thinking.

Yep, that was the game in the slop, where the Pats played TERRIBLE, without Ty Warren and the jets played great. Congrats on the masterpiece. Meanwhile, let's forget all about the 21-point pasting put on you in the most recent game.

Harrison didn't play in that game either. Rodney has played exactly one game against the Jets since 2005.

And when did I say anything about immortal?

I think you're trying to distract, which is a typical messageboard tact, I understand, but my question was: Those of you who are saying how screwed the Pats are without Seymour and Rodney, WHAT WILL YOU SAY when they get back, given the likelihood that a 4-2 or better Pats team will then be ADDING two guys YOU consider so crucial?

Care to answer? Legitimately?

Do you need me to spoon feed it to you? I gave you the answer. You chose to hang on one word and ignore it.

They are good. It will make them tougher to beat. We won't say anything other than bring on the pats. What would you like for us to say? " Please let us forfit this game mr.kraft...we have no chance with Seymour and Harrison back" ?

See, the problem is, this website has fans - and not just the thread-starter - who think, ACTUALLY believe, that the Pats are going 7-9 and/or NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. This is not surprising to me. Gang Green.com, jetsinsider, here, KFFL, lots of places - they ALL have many, many jet fans who genuinely think this way. So you'll understand if I find myself uncertain just HOW delusional some of you are. It's been YEARS of seeing this kind of attitude from jets fans.

Oh, and by the way, Smizzy, YOU posted that the jets putrid D is going to hold the Patriots much improved (after being top 10 LAST year) offense to 17 points. That seems pretty crazy to me. So forgive me if I think you're a bit around-the-bend here.

See, the problem is, this website has fans - and not just the thread-starter - who think, ACTUALLY believe, that the Pats are going 7-9 and/or NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS. This is not surprising to me. Gang Green.com, jetsinsider, here, KFFL, lots of places - they ALL have many, many jet fans who genuinely think this way. So you'll understand if I find myself uncertain just HOW delusional some of you are. It's been YEARS of seeing this kind of attitude from jets fans.

Oh, and by the way, Smizzy, YOU posted that the jets putrid D is going to hold the Patriots much improved (after being top 10 LAST year) offense to 17 points. That seems pretty crazy to me. So forgive me if I think you're a bit around-the-bend here.

first.....If I go to Patsfan.com or NEfans.com or PatriotsPlanet I can find delusional Pats fans who think you will go 16-0 with the addition of Moss and Stallworth. So I mean we could go back and forth all night. Every fan base has the good,the bad and the criminally delusional.

Oh & I wasn't serious about the score...it was just to fire you guys up.

It's like the Patriots of earlier years. You wish them to win so much that you actually believe they can. Mabey we should cut them some slack and let them revel in their silly aspirations. Come on, Vinny was like 2 the last time they won anything.

It's like the Patriots of earlier years. You wish them to win so much that you actually believe they can. Mabey we should cut them some slack and let them revel in their silly aspirations. Come on, Vinny was like 2 the last time they won anything.

:yawn: Excuse us if we don't **** in our pants over the possible return of Harrison and Seymour.

No, Smizzy, that's NOT THE POINT. The point is, RIGHT NOW you guys seem to be saying, "Those are huge losses!" I'm just wondering if they will be HUGE GAINS when they come back to a team that will very likely be in first place even without them.

As for finding delusional fans everywhere - true enough. But the number of Pats fans who think 16-0 is going to happen is a handful. The number of jet fans who actually think the Pats are overrated and maybe not going to make the playoffs and all that - that's about HALF.

talk is cheap and we are going to settle this argument in about 8 days. I am a homer and always feel the Jets are going to win but still somewhat objectively like our chances at home in week one, with 2 top Patsy defenders out and Mangini at the helm.

No, Smizzy, that's NOT THE POINT. The point is, RIGHT NOW you guys seem to be saying, "Those are huge losses!" I'm just wondering if they will be HUGE GAINS when they come back to a team that will very likely be in first place even without them.
Common sense says they must be important to be huge losses,No? I mean c'mon.

As for finding delusional fans everywhere - true enough. But the number of Pats fans who think 16-0 is going to happen is a handful. The number of jet fans who actually think the Pats are overrated and maybe not going to make the playoffs and all that - that's about HALF.

You are a fool if you think half this fan base thinks they pats won't make the playoffs. If anything you get prideful Jets fans who won't just concede the division during the preseason.

NOBODY with half a brain would look at the Pats and see a non playoff team. and only and IDIOT would say that the addition of 2 Pro Bowl players is insignificant.

talk is cheap and we are going to settle this argument in about 8 days. I am a homer and always feel the Jets are going to win but still somewhat objectively like our chances at home in week one, with 2 top Patsy defenders out and Mangini at the helm.

Objectively, I think the jets have no chance to win on the 9th. That's not to say they're a bad team. I think they're pretty solid. I think, with Jones added, the jets could be BETTER this year, even if they have a worse W-L (I'm not saying they will) - more injuries, tougher sked, etc...

Objectively, I think the jets have no chance to win on the 9th. That's not to say they're a bad team. I think they're pretty solid. I think, with Jones added, the jets could be BETTER this year, even if they have a worse W-L (I'm not saying they will) - more injuries, tougher sked, etc...

And you have every right to believe that. But we also have the right to believe that we can win the game.

Any given Sunday,right?

It's nice to have dreams. You have a good shot at a wild card spot. How's that saying go, "Always a bride's mate, never..."something, I forget.

Saying the Jets have no chance makes no sense to me. For one reason, weird things happen in division games. Teams know each other so well that it doesn't always come down to who is the better team. Another reason, Belichick coached teams always seem to struggle on opening day. IIRC he has a losing record in these games. Who knows for sure why this is the case, but also keep in mind that it might be even more so this year because with so many new arrivals on the Patriots, people might not quite be on the same page yet. The Patriots haven't had a "clean" win on opening day since 2002 when they soundly beat the Steelers. Add into this that the Patriots will be missing Seymour and Rodney, and beyond that, who knows how the mentality of the team will be affected by one of their team leaders getting busted for HGH. I think the Patriots will win, but at the same time, I wouldn't die of shock if they didn't.

How are we trolls when we were invited?

Or does being a fan of a different team automatically make you a troll?

How should I know if you were invited? And to answer your second question, no. There's a couple posters in this thread who are acting much like trolls however.

Seymour's out ATLEAST 6 weeks, you never know... It may actually turn out to be a good 10 weeks, maybe even longer... And as far as R.Harrison goes, lmao, the man is on the decline, he's been on the decline for the past 2 years and thats something that even Patriot fans can agree to, that's the reason why he has been using roids because even Rodney himself understand he's not the impact player he once was, he's still sold but he's far from great.

And any Patriot fan that honestly thinks that when Seymour and Harrision return to the starting lineup after missing 6-10 weeks that they will be ready to be impact players... I'm sorry but the speed of the game, the missed time from the game, the pressure on R.Harrision from the media, Seymour getting back to 100%, Im sorry to say, but we will all see a decline in the play of Harrision and Seymour when they return... A drop off from recent years, and when they return to the starting lineup... Look for teams to attack them early and often.

Every week we invite the opposing fans here to chat with us. They are here because I invited them.

We already had some really good patriot fans in Alk, Garb, PFSIKH... Good job Smizzy on brining a whole bunch of PatriotReign37 fans to the site... Good job...

Just remember, Quality over Quanity, in my eyes we already had a great bunch of Patriot fans who simply have fun and talk about football... You going out of your way to recruit more Patriot fans who are already on a trolling frensy for the simple fact they know they are fuucked with the whole Moss, Seymour and Harrision situation will only make good threads turn into GARBAGE threads... Good job Smizzy, good feedback will be on it's way...

Archived