Calling all guitarists

Jetlag

I've been playing since the beginning of the year and have gotten to a point where I can play pieces that involve more then a simple 3 chord progression. The thing is I have a fender squier and I'm really noticing how much of a piece of crap it really is. The tone is awful and I have really started looking into upgrading. Anyway in my search this guitar really caught my eye. It's a 48th Street Custom Strat (I love the candy apple red).

Here's the link so that you can see all the spec's.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?sku=F3700509&ysmcpn=Dept+Banners+082907&ysmgrp=DB+Gtr+C+082907&ysmchn=OTHER&ysmtac=AD

I was wondering if anyone has played with or owns one and has any input. Now I know my next step would be to go to Sam Ash and actually play it for awhile to check out the comfort level. I'm looking for a guitar in that $400 - $550 price range. Can you give me some other options I might want to consider? I like Les Paul's but I think I might want to wait until I have enough cash to get a legit one and not the Epiphone.

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Nice.

My advice is to make sure you like the neck. To me the feel of the neck is the most important thing, the rest is easily modifiable. Yes, the next step is to go to the store and try it. Usually the factory strings are crap, but you'll still get and idea about the neck.

Interesting that the double coil pickup is in the bridge position, I guess to make that sound fatter. I have a Peavey strat shaped guitar that I've modified to death but love it dearly. I've installed Seymour Duncan pickups, but the opposite of what the 48th street strat is. My bridge is single coil and the middle and neck pu's are double coil. Same 5 way selector switch. I've taken the whammy bar off.

Anyway, cool name for the guitar. I've been in Manny's on 48th a few times in NYC. Great place to go and look at the pics on the walls. It's like every famous musician has been there.

Hope this guitar works out for you.

cheers,

d

I've been playing since the beginning of the year and have gotten to a point where I can play pieces that involve more then a simple 3 chord progression. The thing is I have a fender squier and I'm really noticing how much of a piece of crap it really is. The tone is awful and I have really started looking into upgrading. Anyway in my search this guitar really caught my eye. It's a 48th Street Custom Strat (I love the candy apple red).

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?sku=F3700509&ysmcpn=Dept+Banners+082907&ysmgrp=DB+Gtr+C+082907&ysmchn=OTHER&ysmtac=AD

I was wondering if anyone has played with or owns one and has any input. Now I know my next step would be to go to Sam Ash and actually play it for awhile to check out the comfort level. I'm looking for a guitar in that $400 - $550 price range. Can you give me some other options I might want to consider? I like Les Paul's but I think I might want to wait until I have enough cash to get a legit one and not the Epiphone.

Mexi-strats play just as nicely as the american made IMO. The huge difference is the quality of the electronics. A cheaper Fender is going to buzz.....Loudly. This is definitely a big upgrade from Squier however.

That cherry sunburst ESP on the right is a sweet guitar.

Archived