Saints Release Antonio Pittman

DefenseWinsChampionships

Wow. He's a north and south type running back, he's below average in terms of catching out of the backfield and he's also below average in pass protection.

Thomas Jones

Leon Washington

Antonio Pittman

Im not saying we need to sign him, but he could be an upgrade over Tutt... Yea I know Tutt is more of a fullback, but if anything were to happen to Jones or Leon, I would much rather have Pittman splitting carries than Tutt.

didn't the Saints trade up to get him? I could have him confused with someone else but still shocked..I guess that undrafted guy got the gig

Yea he did get the position over Antonio... If you think about it, they just didnt have any room for Antonio... They already have Bush and McCalister, they are set at PR/KR with Bush and Pittman is just way to slow to be a KR/PR...

But a team like the Jets with only 2 HB's on the roster should really look into this kid.

I think that this is just a case of the Saints having too many good RB's on the roster already. I think Pittman is atleast worth a look. but then again what do I know I thought Ware was good and Tutt was a steaming pos.

Ware was a monster at Georgia too, why either of them were cut is an obvious mystery...

Archived