Mike DeVito flew under the wire

Kentucky Jet

Here is the only article I found about him and I saw it today on JI. lol.

JetsConfidential.com - New York Jets NFL FootballFront Page Forums

DE Mike DeVito opening some eyes

Mangini impressed with DeVito By Gregg Hayim

Posted Aug 22, 2007

With training camp closed, there are a slew of young players on the fringe of a roster spot. One of those men is rookie defensive end Mike DeVito.

DeVito, a 6-3, 298 pound product of Maine, has done a lot to impress the coaching staff, and with two weeks remaining in the preseason, has made a strong case for a roster spot.

Known for his high-intensity play, DeVito is new to the 3-4 defensive scheme. Although he played his collegiate ball as a nose-tackle in the 4-3, the transition has not been as difficult as one might expect.

In fact, given his rather large frame, his physical attributes may lend themselves better to that of a defensive end in a 3-4 than a nose-tackle in a 4-3.

Heres his UMaine bio.

2006/PRESEASON ACCOLADES

Was voted by his teammates as one of three senior captains ... named a Preseason Second-Team All-American by The Sports Network ... was the only defensive lineman from the Atlantic 10 to be named a preseason All-American by the news service ... was named to the Atlantic 10 Preseason First-Team.

2005/JUNIOR SEASON

Named to the All-Atlantic 10 Second-Team ... started all 11 games at one of the defensive tackle spots ... one of five defensive players to start every game at one position ... recorded 34 tackles (20 ST, 14 AT), a team-leading 12.0 tackles for loss (-64 yards), 6.5 sacks (-55 yards), forced one fumble and recovered another ... recorded at least one tackle for loss in 9 of 11 games, including the final seven of the season ... ranked 41st nationally in sacks per game at 0.59 and tied for 69th in tackles for loss per contest at 1.09 ... ranked fifth in the Atlantic 10 in sacks and tied for fifth in the league in tackles for loss ... made two stops at Nebraska (9/3) ... totaled three tackles, including a sack (-8 yards) and 1.5 tackles for loss for minus-nine yards versus William Penn (9/10) ... was in on five hits, including 1.5 behind the line for minus-one yard against Richmond (9/17) ... made three stops versus Albany (10/1) ... registered five tackles (including 4 solo), two sacks for minus-22 yards, forced a fumble and recorded a safety at James Madison (10/8) ... had two tackles, including one for a loss of minus-two yards at Hofstra (10/15) ... totaled two solo tackles and one behind the line (-2 yards) versus Massachusetts (10/22) ... was in on four hits (3 solo) and totaled one sack for minus-eight yards against Delaware (10/29) ... recorded four tackles including 1.5 sacks for minus-10 yards at Northeastern (11/5) ... made two tackles, including 1.5 for loss (-3 yards) and recovered a fumble versus Rhode Island (11/12) ... had a sack (-7 yards) and two tackles at New Hampshire (11/19).

2004/SOPHOMORE SEASON

Started all 11 games at nose tackle ... ranked 11th on the team with a career-high 35 tackle s (16 solo, 19 assisted) ... totaled 2.5 tackles for loss of minus-18 yards and recorded a sack for minus-10 yards ... play improved as the season went on and made 22 of his 35 tackles in the final-five games ... made four stops versus Mississippi State (9/18) ... totaled four tackles, including one for loss (-10 yards) against Richmond (10/9) ... posted four tackles versus Northeastern (10/23) ... registered five tackles against Hofstra (11/6) and had one tackle behind the line of scrimmage for minus-eight yards ... made a season-high six tackles at Rhode Island (11/13) ... recipient of Roger Ellis Outstanding Defensive Lineman Award ... was named a Maine Scholar-Athlete.

2003/REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON

Played in 10 games, with 15 total tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and one interception ... recorded four tackles and a half-sack of Anton Clarkson against Hofstra (9/6) ... sacked Florida International quarterback Josh Padrick for a loss of three yards (9/13) ... notched two tackles for loss against Richmond (10/4) ... against Delaware (11/1), intercepted Andy Hall and returned the ball seven yards ... had one tackle for loss against New Hampshire (11/22).

2002/FRESHMAN SEASON

Sat out as a redshirt.

BEFORE MAINE/PERSONAL Played tight end and defensive end for coach Stu Fyfe at Wellfleet High School ... Named to the Boston Globe's Best of the Best team, and was a first team All-Atlantic Coast League selection ... Team captain as a senior ... born June 10, 1984 ... son of Vincent and Arlynn DeVito ... a business major.

Although I definitely noticed him around the ball, and remember checking the roster for his name a few times, he seemed to fly under my radar.

I did a search of his name in my tc reports and only came up with this:

Jetcane

vCash: 5000

Alright, let's talk about some of the big uglies and big hitters.

Mike Devito (70) caught my eye for his hustle on the field. He's a rookie DE out of Maine, listed at 6-3, 298.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Although I definitely noticed him around the ball, and remember checking the roster for his name a few times, he seemed to fly under my radar.

Jetcane

Mike Devito (70) caught my eye for his hustle on the field. He's a rookie DE out of Maine, listed at 6-3, 298.

I have not seen his name on the cuts list. If he is, IMO he will be on the PS. That man has a lot of talent and speed.

Jetcane

He definatly has the motor and smarts to play in the NFL, hopefully he is here long enough to pick up the scheme. There is a little more room for him now so......

He definatly has the motor and smarts to play in the NFL, hopefully he is here long enough to pick up the scheme. There is a little more room for him now so......

All Jets cuts per GJ&H at JI:

JETS CUTS

DT Kimo Von Olehoffen

DE Bobby Hamilton

DE Michael Haynes

LB Anthony Schlegel

LB Andre Wadsworth

LB Jason Trusnik

LB Blake Constanzo

CB Alphonso Hodge

CB Manny Collins

S Raymond Ventrone

S Jamie Thompson

==

QB Brett Ratliff

RB Danny Ware

RB Alvin Banks

WR Frisman Jackson

WR Chris Davis

WR Evan Prall

OT Marco Cavka

OL Robert Turner

OL Nashan Goddard

C Joseph Villani

C Dominic Moran

Trusnik is clearly cut! I hope he gets on our PS. I also hope these guys get on the PS:Moran, Ware, Turner, Ratliff, Collins, Villani, Goddard

JETS CUTS

DT Kimo Von Olehoffen

DE Bobby Hamilton

DE Michael Haynes

LB Anthony Schlegel

LB Andre Wadsworth

LB Jason Trusnik

LB Blake Constanzo

CB Alphonso Hodge

CB Manny Collins

S Raymond Ventrone

S Jamie Thompson

==

QB Brett Ratliff

RB Danny Ware

RB Alvin Banks

WR Frisman Jackson

WR Chris Davis

WR Evan Prall

OT Marco Cavka

OL Robert Turner

OL Nashan Goddard

C Joseph Villani

C Dominic Moran

Trusnik is clearly cut! I hope he gets on our PS. I also hope these guys get on the PS:Moran, Ware, Turner, Ratliff, Collins, Villani, Goddard

Yeah I hope Trusnik makes it to the PS as well as Ware and Turner. But what was I wrong again about?

JETS CUTS

DT Kimo Von Olehoffen

DE Bobby Hamilton

DE Michael Haynes

LB Anthony Schlegel

LB Andre Wadsworth

LB Jason Trusnik

LB Blake Constanzo

CB Alphonso Hodge

CB Manny Collins

S Raymond Ventrone

S Jamie Thompson

==

QB Brett Ratliff

RB Danny Ware

RB Alvin Banks

WR Frisman Jackson

WR Chris Davis

WR Evan Prall

OT Marco Cavka

OL Robert Turner

OL Nashan Goddard

C Joseph Villani

C Dominic Moran

I would also like to see Ratliff on the PS...although he didn't throw one pass in any of the preseason games, this kid has a rocket arm. A little work on mechanics and you might have something.

Oh I see where the snafu came from. I was replying to Jetcane on Devito KentuckyJet, not about Trusnik.

I was referring to myself about being wrong again. I had not seen Trusnik on the cut list.

I als agree with NS about Ratliff. He does have a rocket arm and is very gutsy. Sorry for the confusion.

Another 1AA player. It looks like the Jet scouts were beating the bushes for talent.

Anymore out therebesides Bender?

Football is just becoming more and more popular... so more talent is out there then ever before... not to mention smaller schools can now afford better training equipment...

Football is just becoming more and more popular... so more talent is out there then ever before... not to mention smaller schools can now afford better training equipment...

see Appalachian state! I still can not believe it! I think there are several 1AA players that can make it in the NFL if given the chance. There was a WR Jacoby Jones, LANE COLLEGE that made it this year too.

Lane College is a four-year, accredited historically black college located in Jackson, Tennessee, just east of the downtown area. It is primarily a liberal arts institution associated with the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church. Athletic teams nicknamed the "Dragons" are sponsored and compete in Division II of the NCAA.

Houston drafted Jacoby Jones.

see Appalachian state! I still can not believe it! I think there are several 1AA players that can make it in the NFL if given the chance. There was a TE Jacoby Jacobs that made it this year too.

Its amazing how popular football has become in highschool... which leads to college... more talent is being discovered... and there is more out there in terms of training for these kids... so they can maximize their potential...

Its amazing how popular football has become in highschool... which leads to college... more talent is being discovered... and there is more out there in terms of training for these kids... so they can maximize their potential...

In the Ormond Beach area, HIGH SCHOOL football is thriving. Everyone gets excited about SeaBreeze HS. They are a very good team and constantly win. Our TV stations and newspaperws are filled with HS football stories. The kids become celebrities.

Archived