Schlegel claimed by the Bengals

Kentucky Jet

Im gonna be really upset if he turns out to be the next Z.Thomas, lol

a change of scenery just might do him some good. He was doomed here the minute we drafted him so high. The other night vs Philly, I saw the kid play for an extended time and he played pretty darn well. I thought he saved his job and that Kassel would go. But I was wrong again! lol I do wish the guy well though.

He wont stick

unlike myself Ecurb... You always have a comeback... Unlike myself I got ownded every damn day and cant think of shhit to say other than... Chad made the playoofs under a rookie HC in Mangini, Chad made the playoffs with a 1-2 punch in Barlow and Blaylock, this year we have Thomas Jones and Leon...

I give it to you Ecurb, you always come back swinging and guns blazing

unlike myself Ecurb... You always have a comeback... Unlike myself I got ownded every damn day and cant think of shhit to say other than... Chad made the playoofs under a rookie HC in Mangini, Chad made the playoffs with a 1-2 punch in Barlow and Blaylock, this year we have Thomas Jones and Leon...

I give it to you Ecurb, you always come back swinging and guns blazing

You're impressed by "He wont stick"

At least the he'll be in jail comment was clever. ecurb's response was the comeback equivalent of "Oh yeah"

Lets go Bruce. Times wastin'

The Bungles arent all that at LB. Maybe he'll get some PT there. They have

Ahmad Brooks listed as their MLB and some JAG as the backup. Who is he?

Plus, Shmegal will get some ST time.

If as I suspect Schlegel can be a productive NFL linebacker (not the second Butkus or anything, well maybe (lol)) he couldnt have asked for a better place to get that chance. The Bengals are thin at LB.

Brooks only played in 11 games, didnt start all of them, and only recorded 30 tackles.

Schlegel will still be seeing 95% of his playing time running down the field on Kickoffs / Punts.

Well that''ll be a hell of a lot more PT than he was given last year with the Jets and that 5% will actually give him a chance to prove that he can (or cant) play which is more than the Jets ever gave him.

Let me try this again. There is a lot to be said for a managment team that is not afraid to admit mistakes with a player and move on. But, that assumes they have actually given the player in question, a fair shot at proving himself. 4 games as a special team player and about 12 quarters -- most of them with the 3rd and 4th teamers in preseason -- really cant, by any stretch of the imagination, be seen as a fair shot.

Ultimately, you can only really evaluate players by what they do on the field during a game. If you dont put a player on the field, then you cant really evaluate him.

Call it gutsy, brave, smart whatever you want, but it still smacks of arogance and bad business.

Oh yeah, ecurb is a welcher and a pathetic weasal.

Archived