This forum is as dead as Pedro Martinez's arm.

MasonJet

Well...based on the first inning, he doesnt have "it" back just yet.

:Typotux::character42:

Got his fastball up to 89 though...I think he's just glad to get thru that first inning.

-----------------

Second inning, Pedro rings up career strikeout #3000, and gets a nice hand from the cinci crowd.

One thing about Reds fans- they are good baseball fans.

---------------------

Third inning done. He has retired 8 in a row.

Pedro finishes strong in his first outing since September of '06 to pick up the victory. I think one can make a case that Roger Clemens is more "dead" than Pedro.

Agree, since August 10 when the schedule got tougher they are 13-11. Not quite the same chest thumping results as when the Rays and Royals were the main course right after the All-Star break.

Hopefully they can snag the WC as a Boston-Yanks ALCS would be great. Clemens needs to have a big post season to justify that horrible contract.

Roger could win a World Series game and you can make the case that the contract wasn't worth it. There will be no living up to that amount of money.

Anyhow I fear they will bring him back next year. Last year of the stadium and all. And maybe the year after that for the new stadium. UGH Roger is going to be 52 and pitching middle relief.

Someone teach him a knuckle ball please.

Roger could win a World Series game and you can make the case that the contract wasn't worth it. There will be no living up to that amount of money.

Anyhow I fear they will bring him back next year. Last year of the stadium and all. And maybe the year after that for the new stadium. UGH Roger is going to be 52 and pitching middle relief.

Someone teach him a knuckle ball please.

He has HGH.

He can pitch until he is 100.

Agree, since August 10 when the schedule got tougher they are 13-11. Not quite the same chest thumping results as when the Rays and Royals were the main course right after the All-Star break.

Hopefully they can snag the WC as a Boston-Yanks ALCS would be great. Clemens needs to have a big post season to justify that horrible contract.

I don't think that no matter what he does the rest of the way Clemens can justify that huge contract. Talk about wasted money. :P

Archived