Dyson close to being traded?

rick34125

This is the strongest rumor I've seen on this. It's from a poster on the Jets Confidential forum. Has anyone seen anything else on this?

Posted: 9/1/2007 9:43 PM

Dyson close to being Traded***NFL NETWORK[sOURCE] star_20.gif

Adam shectler [w/e his name is] just reported on a news flash on nfl newtwork that jets will have a deal worked out for dyson by monday. 4 teams believed to be bidding

I'm not sure what to make of it. I think dyson is their best CB when healthy. No doubt he's been injured at inopportune times. Could be Mangini is feeling confident enough with Revis already. This kid is going to get tested that's for sure, especially in the AFCE. I suppose if the Jets can pick up a good LG that will help keep Pennington on his feet I'd take the hit to the secondary.

If this is true Miller and Revis better be ready to play.

Mangini has always been a secondary kinda coach... I just dont see him trading away his best Cornerback when we just drafted D.Revis who is a rookie who could learn alot from Dyson... I just dont see it, not a week before the season starts when we are playing a NE team with Moss, Welker, and Stallworth as WR's with Tom Brady throwing the football... Ill believe it when I see it.

I can kind of see where the idea is coming from... Dyson is an aging injury prone CB... so they want to get value for him while they can... while it might hurt the secondary it will help other areas and help long term...

I can kind of see where the idea is coming from... Dyson is an aging injury prone CB... so they want to get value for him while they can... while it might hurt the secondary it will help other areas and help long term...

I'm sick of all this "Injury prone" b.s about A.Dyson... This is the NFL, injuries are gonna happen.

In his rookie season in 2001 he played in 14 games

In 2002 he played in all 16 games

In 2003 he played in all 16 games

In 2004 he played in all 16 games

In 2005 he played in 10 games...

in 2006 he played in 15 games

In 6 seasons, the only year he was hurt in was 2005, and he missed 6 games...

Last season he came back from his 2005 injury and started 15 games for the Jets...

This is the NFL guys, injuries can happen on any play, to any player... I'm just sick of all this Dyson is "Injury Prone" B.S because he missed 6 games due to an injury.

It better be for an immediate upgrade on the guard position (can't get any worse can it) or this is a bad move in my opinion.

I agree

I like Dyson. They better get a real starting quality guard for him.

Don't want to see him go for a 5th round pick, or something like that.

What teams are in need of a CB, that might be interested?

It was kicked around in a thread the other day. The Jets jumped ahead of Pittsburgh in the draft to grab Revis because they were looking to go CB. That's the first team that comes to mind for me.

I don't think we could get Faneca either and IF we did it would cost Dyson and a draft pick.

Any other teams aside from the Steelers?

if they were to get Faneca head up for Dyson,I don't believe it, it would be a major steal.

I'm not putting much belief in this rumor.

Really depends on who we get. We are right now a lot thinner at OG than we are at CB. Dyson has missed 6 games the past 2 years (not counting games he sustained an injury in & left early) & has missed time this summer as well.

He is a solid #2 CB who is not yet on the downside of his career; to the contrary, he should be in his prime right now.

But it depends what we're trading him for. Agree with the 'stalker; if we trade him for a mid-level draft pick (let alone lower) in 2008 it's a bad move. If we get a GOOD guard (not just "a" guard) in return or even a high pick next year (don't discount that possibility; whoever acquires Dyson gets him for cheap $ for a few years) then I'm ok b/c our OL is so shaky. If we get some minor upgrade from Bender and/or Clement, then it could be a big mistake.

Let's see what we get first. What I DO like about it is that there are 4 teams in the bidding.

I completely disagree with this move.

Same here... I just feel we have a really nice secondary with

E.Coleman K.Rhodes

Dyson

Revis

Miller

Barrett

If we trade Dyson that means D.Barrett wil then become the #1 CB for the simple fact Revis is still a rookie and not quite ready to man up with #1 WR's as of right now. Having Barrett as a #1 is never a good thing because he belongs at #4 if you ask me.

I hope this is just a rumor. If it's not though, the Jets must think there is more to Dyson's injury than they are letting on, because I really don't think they want to have Revis and Miller/Barrett as the starting corners when Dyson is a very capable #1 corner. Something smells funny here.

Trading Dyson is completely stupid, unless we get a major upgrade at LG. I believe in Revis for sure, but Dyson is a good player. I believe he should stay on this team.

I agree Ghost, I agree... I just dont wanna trade away Dyson and have Barrett as our #1 CB.

Last year Brick and Mangold were rookies, this year I feel they should be better in the passing game and alot tougher in the run game. Yea we lost P.Kendall, but thats not gonna hurt the run game, and we just added Thomas Jones. I just feel that Thomas Jones and Leon Washington will beable to hold thier own with this O-Line and Chad is a veteran QB, Maybe, just maybe Bender can do O.K. Im just really excited about our Secondary this year. Loosing Dyson could hurt the whole Defense.

I agree Ghost, I agree... I just dont wanna trade away Dyson and have Barrett as our #1 CB.

Last year Brick and Mangold were rookies, this year I feel they should be better in the passing game and a lot tougher in the run game. Yea we lost P.Kendall, but that's not gonna hurt the run game, and we just added Thomas Jones. I just feel that Thomas Jones and Leon Washington will be able to hold their own with this O-Line and Chad is a veteran QB, Maybe, just maybe Bender can do O.K. Im just really excited about our Secondary this year. Loosing Dyson could hurt the whole Defense.

Yeah, same here. Dyson is not " Injury prone " or however you spell it. One thing to expect, is a lot of play actions this year.

If we trade Dyson that means D.Barrett wil then become the #1 CB for the simple fact Revis is still a rookie and not quite ready to man up with #1 WR's as of right now. Having Barrett as a #1 is never a good thing because he belongs at #4 if you ask me.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! Just because Revis is a rookie doesn't mean he can't be #1, he was considered the top CB in the draft for a reason. Also guys remember Mangini has praised Miller's CORNERBACK play all offseason. The one thing I will never criticize mangini for is secondary decisions, it's his specialty. If he thinks Dyson is expendable and thinks our current CBs are ready I have faith in him.

However this trade better get us good value, I don't want a Day 2 draft pick or Mike Bell.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! Just because Revis is a rookie doesn't mean he can't be #1, he was considered the top CB in the draft for a reason. Also guys remember Mangini has praised Miller's CORNERBACK play all offseason. The one thing I will never criticize mangini for is secondary decisions, it's his specialty. If he thinks Dyson is expendable and thinks our current CBS are ready I have faith in him.

However this trade better get us good value, I don't want a Day 2 draft pick or Mike Bell.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having DEPTH at CB, especially at CB. The only good reason to trade Dyson is if we get a upgrade at LG.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having DEPTH at CB, especially at CB. The only good reason to trade Dyson is if we get a upgrade at LG.

In all seriousness..who the hell is there to trade for at LG that wouldn't be an upgrade? Is there somebody out there with a less impressive resume than a 7th rd. Div II RT who played in a triple option offense? Not to say Bender won't be a good player but as of right now he's got no resume in the NFL and he's a square peg in a round hole.

Why would you think that? We aren't one LG away from winning a Superbowl, we still have holes to fill. Any deal that gets us a good player in a position we need it I'm happy.

In all seriousness..who the hell is there to trade for at LG that wouldn't be an upgrade? Is there somebody out there with a less impressive resume than a 7th rd. Div II RT who played in a triple option offense? Not to say Bender won't be a good player but as of right now he's got no resume in the NFL and he's a square peg in a round hole.

That's something we don't know, Mangini is much smarter than all of us here. I trust Mangini with this, but if there isn't a LG our their, I don't understand why we should trade Dyson.

That's something we don't know, Mangini is much smarter than all of us here. I trust Mangini with this, but if there isn't a LG our their, I don't understand why we should trade Dyson.

I agree...again I'm not saying Bender won't work out, I'm just saying that based on the fact that he has done NOTHING in the NFL makes it tough to gague who or what is an upgrade? As of right now this FO has done a very good job of drating IMO so until Bender shows he can't play, I"m fine with him being there. I expect growing pains as I would with any rookie though.

i think what people are saying they hope we get face value for dyson,and not settle for any old guard,because we are in need of one bad. yes any player would be an upgrade(for now),but don`t settle

Why would you think that? We aren't one LG away from winning a Superbowl, we still have holes to fill. Any deal that gets us a good player in a position we need it I'm happy.

It might not win us the SB, but it def will help. Trading Dyson would hurt us unless we get a LG in return.

I agree...again I'm not saying Bender won't work out, I'm just saying that based on the fact that he has done NOTHING in the NFL makes it tough to gauge who or what is an upgrade? As of right now this FO has done a very good job of drafting IMO so until Bender shows he can't play, I"m fine with him being there. I expect growing pains as I would with any rookie though.

I pretty much agree, but Bender is a big question mark. I would try to get a young talented offensive lineman if possible.

The only thing that gives me pause with the Tannebaum /Mangini regime is that they may be on th verge of overthinking the cap as opposed to the football team. The classic example is the Eagles. They're competitive every year and manage the cap brilliantly, sometimes too brilliantly. There's no points in the standings for managing your cap better than other teams. Dyson plays a decent CB, better that Toast Barrett or Miller. Getting rid of him might weaken a Jets D that already has a pass rush from hunger. If they think that's best, I'm fine with it. But as with Kendall(and again I understand not wanting to renegotiate) I hope they know what they're doing and not worrying about a few dollars over a quality football team.

You guys are overrating Dyson, he wasn't THAT good. If we can upgrade our woeful O-line that will go a lot further for helping us this year than Dyson can by remaining on this team. We are terrible on the line!

Agreed. Just didn't want to see him getting traded for someone slightly below Brandon Moore's level or a 4th-rounder give-or-take.

The only thing that gives me pause with the Tannebaum /Mangini regime is that they may be on th verge of overthinking the cap as opposed to the football team. The classic example is the Eagles. They're competitive every year and manage the cap brilliantly, sometimes too brilliantly. There's no points in the standings for managing your cap better than other teams. Dyson plays a decent CB, better that Toast Barrett or Miller. Getting rid of him might weaken a Jets D that already has a pass rush from hunger. If they think that's best, I'm fine with it. But as with Kendall(and again I understand not wanting to renegotiate) I hope they know what they're doing and not worrying about a few dollars over a quality football team.

it's a good point. finding the middle ground is never easy.

You guys are overrating Dyson, he wasn't THAT good. If we can upgrade our woeful O-line that will go a lot further for helping us this year than Dyson can by remaining on this team. We are terrible on the line!

Some explanation might be in order.After dumping Coleman and Glenn, under Edwards, we saw a lot of bad CB play.

Dyson was servicable, not great. It's a concern that we might go back to those bad old days of guys who simply cannot cover anyone , and always getting found out on 3rd and long. I trust as a former DB coach Mangini knows better than any of us. Still, I worry that someone is trying for that coveted but worthless cap Eagles management trophy.

Archived