Mike Nugent is the X factor on the 2007 New York Jets!

Only wise people know how great The NUGE truely is. Aka, the greatest thing ever. Greater than sliced bread even!

The Nuge is the man. One day, his name will be in the same sentence as God, Jesus Christ, Zeus, Herecules and Brett Favre.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Only wise people know how great The NUGE truely is. Aka, the greatest thing ever. Greater than sliced bread even!

The Nuge is the man. One day, his name will be in the same sentence as God, Jesus Christ, Zeus, Herecules and Brett Favre.

LOL He can part the uprights pretty good.........

Everyone says Brad Smith is multi-purpose? Psh. Okay. How about this resume:

Mike Nugent was a running back for 3 years in High School and in his Senior season was the starting Quarterback.

He nails 50 yarders, he makes tackles, he plays Running Back and Quarterback. Brad Smith can only play O and Special teams. Mike Nugent can do O, D and Special Teams!

You're in love. How can anyone take you seriously. Next thing you know you'll be hiring a blimp to fly over the meadowlands during sunday's game with the message "I love you Nuge. Will you marry me? 124"

Until nugent can consistently kick off inside the 5 yd line then he is no better than average.

He is no God. He is just a kicker.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

See post in other Nugent thread.

Field Goals & PAT's > Kickoffs.

And yes this Preseason he has consistently gotten the ball inside the 5 and around the goaline, including 3 touchbacks.

You're in love. How can anyone take you seriously. Next thing you know you'll be hiring a blimp to fly over the meadowlands during sunday's game with the message "I love you Nuge. Will you marry me? 124"

The idea has been thought about, but, Nuge doesn't play for the Patriots, Chargers, 49ers or Raiders so sadly, it could not be. Only Mass and Cali would allow those actions.

NUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

See post in other Nugent thread.

Field Goals & PAT's > Kickoffs.

And yes this Preseason he has consistently gotten the ball inside the 5 and around the goaline, including 3 touchbacks.

yay.. he did it in preseason. Now do it during the season. And no more of these kicks to the 15 yard line late in the game when it counts.... like indy late when he kicked it to the 15 and then next time to the 10 yd line. nothing like giving Peyton Manning only 61 yards to go downfield to win the game.

my only question is why was his kickoff yardage highest in the Miami game where it was miserable conditions???? that makes zero sense.

Last year M.Nugent was 1 for 1 from 1-19 yards out (He better of made that one, lol)

He was 7 for 7 from 20-29 yards out In my eyes, that means he stays focused... Even on the kicks that all kickers should make.. He was also 2 for 2 in the Playoffs vs NE from 20-29 yards out, It's the playoffs... Pressure like hell if you ask me, and he still kicked the ball through the up rights without being a choke artist.

He was 10 out of 12 from 30-39 yard out... WOW, thats honestly impressive this day and age. Yea he missed 2 fg's from 30-39 yards out, but at the same time he made 10 in a row from 30-39 yards out. The 2 kicks he missed was the first game of the year when we played the tittans. And sometimes, what dont kill a kicker,can only makes them stronger (Unless your D.Brian). M.Nugent showed the fans, the coaching staff, and the players around him that he can correct his mistakes and improve upon a bad game. He was also 1 for 1 in the playoffs from 30-39 yards out vs NE.

Going 3-3 in the playoffs vs a NE team is a sign of a solid kicker... His first playoff game, going 3 for 3, thats says alot about the kicker that we have in M.Nugent... He was always Money, Clutch, and had ice in his veins while at Ohi. Now as fans we are starting to see why we drafted Nugent with our 1st pick in the draft in the 2nd round, he's really starting to come into his own.

He was 4 for 4 from 40-49 yards out... Not bad, not bad at all...

He was 2 out 3 from 50 yards+ last season... No excuses but he missed his first 50+ yard attempt week 8 @ Cleveland but then bounced back and made his next 2 from 50+ in weeks 12 and 15... I would have loved to see M.Nugent go 3 for 3 from beyond 50... But 2 out of 3 really aint that bad.

Including the playoofs Nuuugggeee went 27 out of 30 on the year... And he actually made his last 27 out of 28 attempts... Great job last season Nuge.

Archived