Does anyone think...

PhinHater

that Mangenius was telling certain players to not play to their potential? i.e. Pennington...

he would never tell a player not to try their best. that is how injuries happen.

i do think that the jets didn't put their players in a position to succeed to their potential. the jets just ran their plays to see what certain players could do in certain situations. there wasn't any gameplanning or adjustments to what the defense was showing.

i could see mangini calling a poor play selection on purpose, just to see if the offense could squirm out of it. As for asking a player to play poorly on purpose? It would never happen, too much risk to get hurt/fired. :)

The coaches tried new things and plays that might not normally work well for sure... to see what would happen in a meaningless game... but they would NEVER ask the players not to try their hardest.

he would never tell a player not to try their best. that is how injuries happen.

i do think that the jets didn't put their players in a position to succeed to their potential. the jets just ran their plays to see what certain players could do in certain situations. there wasn't any gameplanning or adjustments to what the defense was showing.

This is totally possible, and probable.

What?

Is Herm back? :character0282:

Archived