Jets interested in Reche Caldwell?

DefenseWinsChampionships

I dont know if this has already been posted but...

September 4, 2007

Reche visits Jets

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Jets hosted free-agent receiver Reche Caldwell on a visit at their team headquarters today.

The visit comes one day after Caldwell was released by the Patriots.

The Jets have six receivers on the roster: Jerricho Cotchery, Laveranues Coles, Justin McCareins, Brad Smith, Wallace Wright and Chansi Stuckey.

It is possible that they have genuine interest in Caldwell, who led the Patriots with 61 receptions last season. Or they might be more interested in some information he could pass along about how the Patriots are preparing to attack the Jets.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

I say we bring him in, if anything... He can bring inside information about the Patriots to the JEts locker room. I would love to see those bug eyes in green and white, lol.

I dont know if this has already been posted but...

September 4, 2007

Reche visits Jets

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Jets hosted free-agent receiver Reche Caldwell on a visit at their team headquarters today.

The visit comes one day after Caldwell was released by the Patriots.

The Jets have six receivers on the roster: Jerricho Cotchery, Laveranues Coles, Justin McCareins, Brad Smith, Wallace Wright and Chansi Stuckey.

It is possible that they have genuine interest in Caldwell, who led the Patriots with 61 receptions last season. Or they might be more interested in some information he could pass along about how the Patriots are preparing to attack the Jets.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal.../reiss_pieces/

I say we bring him in, if anything... He can bring inside information about the Patriots to the JEts locker room. I would love to see those bug eyes in green and white, lol.

Haha, he would look like a frog! lol

Seems like we'd just be paying someone for inside info on the Pats as opposed to "adding a valuable player." Anything we can do to win I guess.

NO THANK YOU :shock::confused0085:

lol, classic.

I would never wanna slow down the progression of Brad Smith or Stukey but at the same time, Caldwell can play the WR postion and was Tom Brady #1 reciever last year (Not saying much)

But with...

Coles

Cotch

Jmac

Caldwell

Stukey

B.Smith

That gives us amazing deph at the WR postion. If we ever went 5 WR's with Coles and Cotchery on the outside with J.Mac and Caldwell in the slots with either B.Smith or Stukey on either the right side or left side... Chad could have a field day.

lol, classic.

I would never wanna slow down the progression of Brad Smith or Stukey but at the same time, Caldwell can play the WR postion and was Tom Brady #1 reciever last year (Not saying much)

But with...

Coles

Cotch

Jmac

Caldwell

Stukey

B.Smith

That gives us amazing deph at the WR postion. If we ever went 5 WR's with Coles and Cotchery on the outside with J.Mac and Caldwell in the slots with either B.Smith or Stukey on either the right side or left side... Chad could have a field day.

you are right... chad will have a field day. his face buried in it. Doesnt matter who plays receiver.

we barely use 3 receivers... stuckey can learn in the 4th spot. SMith is good guy for 5th. Bug eyes doesnt fit here.

Here is a quote from Mike Vrabel about Crazy Eyes:

How much of an advantage can a former player help the opposition by visiting them, like Reche Caldwell did with the Jets?

"Reche barely knew our offense, so I know he doesn't know our defense. That's the end of that question."

Source: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Here is a quote from Mike Vrabel about Crazy Eyes:

How much of an advantage can a former player help the opposition by visiting them, like Reche Caldwell did with the Jets?

"Reche barely knew our offense, so I know he doesn't know our defense. That's the end of that question."

Source: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I agree. I am sure nothing the Jets got from him was very eye opening. :)

I love when ex players immediately start bashing their teammates. As long as he can add something, we'll take the information, give you a few grand and you can go on your merry way Reche.

Right. Just maybe a day after getting cut and a few days before the season starts

they cut him. Then he reads what a former teamate says about him?

I bet for whatever it was worth he spilled his guts.

Archived