Can Chad throw it deep?

Gainzo

Chad Put-Put- Pennington is the best QB to ever hold the pigskin. The sooner you get that thru your thick skull the better,got that bloke?

My apologies. In 16 games Chad threw it deep 12 times (30+ yards in the air ecurb)

My apologies. In 16 games Chad threw it deep 12 times (30+ yards in the air ecurb)

Do you even know what a "Deep" out is? anything over 11.25 yards is considered,by NFLShop.com to be a "Deep" pattern. So go drink a Fosters & jerkoff a ROO!!

Tom Brady likes it really deep...

Ill stick with Chad...

You know why I brought this topic up again. Chad is awesome in the stat department until you look at his attempts in the air over 30 yards.

Chad only attempted 12 passes over 30 yards in 16 games last year. He had Coles and Cotchery as his WR's.

Brady had Crazy Eyes, Gaffney & Troy Brown but attempted 24 passes over 30 yards.

You know why I brought this topic up again. Chad is awesome in the stat department until you look at his attempts in the air over 30 yards.

Chad only attempted 12 passes over 30 yards in 16 games last year. He had Coles and Cotchery as his WR's.

Brady had Crazy Eyes, Gaffney & Troy Brown but attempted 24 passes over 30 yards.

Its all hacketts fault, I tell ya.

You know how his eyes got like that?

and you gotta feel bad for the guy... they released him becuase Tom said he was done with him... what is he.. a piece of meat!

You know how his eyes got like that?

and you gotta feel bad for the guy... they released him becuase Tom said he was done with him... what is he.. a piece of meat!

Last year at the Pats games my brother and I were making crazy eye jokes like they were going out of style.

Caldwell is going to be signed in the next couple of days so F him. Crazy Eyes!

How is it an excuse? Obviously Brady has more time to check down recievers, it would be the same for Clemens too. O-lines can make a QBs job easy or hard, its not hard to fathom.

Chad had time to make plays last year in the playoff game.

Evidently not enough time. Brady gets 6-7 seconds in the pocket on a regular basis, that is eons for a QB --- even with average recievers.

Are you a Chad apologist?

Brady had a bunch of jags to throw to last season.

Cotch & Coles made Chad look like Marino.

Are you a Chad apologist?

Brady had a bunch of jags to throw to last season.

Cotch & Coles made Chad look like Marino.

Are you actually going to say that more time/protection in the pocket isnt a huge benefit for a QB? Im not apologizing for anyone, why do you think its that black and white anyways?

Are you actually going to say that more time/protection in the pocket isnt a huge benefit for a QB? Im not apologizing for anyone, why do you think its that black and white anyways?

Do you realize that Coles & Cotch made Chad's passing stats look respectable last year?

Brady got it done with a bunch of JAGS.

Do you realize that Coles & Cotch made Chad's passing stats look respectable last year?

Well personally I dont think Brown, and Caldwell were jags but thats neither here nor there. I happen to like Chad as a QB, and Im not going to change my opinion no more than you are. Doesnt make my position on the subject "weak", so why come at me with that? Yeah definatly Chad benefits from having good recievers, but it would be nice to get our QB (any QB on the roster) some better time to use them to the fullest capacity.

Yeah that's why in the 7 on 7 drills where the QB has all day Chad doesn't make a play while Clemens steps in and scores a TD, and why in live games when Chad has time he just dumps it off. The dude just does not have the arm to complete a pass on a play that develops beyond 3 seconds (and 3-4 seconds is about the amount of time an NFL QB should be able to make a play in).

I remember when I was really young I couldn't really throw deep either. So i'd always make it a priority to get the ball off before my WRs ran all the way across the field and out of my range. I don't begrudge Chad for the really deep passes, not at all, it's just from around the 15 yard range I'd prefer he had some pop. Montana really distinguished himself by completing in that range. Chad...man...I wanted us to have "the next Montana" but the reality is Chad has been underperforming. If Chad were suddenly to morph into 2002 Chad I bet I'd be the second happiest Jet fan (behind ecurb--I will not question his devotion to Chad) on the boards, but I just don't see that happening. This isn't a fairytale, you can't just believe in something and have it happen. You have to make cold hard decisions...and if Chad doesn't pull through in the first 2 weeks...the cold hard decision should be to give KC a chance.

Yeah that's why in the 7 on 7 drills where the QB has all day Chad doesn't make a play while Clemens steps in and scores a TD, and why in live games when Chad has time he just dumps it off. The dude just does not have the arm to complete a pass on a play that develops beyond 3 seconds (and 3-4 seconds is about the amount of time an NFL QB should be able to make a play in).

I remember when I was really young I couldn't really throw deep either. So i'd always make it a priority to get the ball off before my WRs ran all the way across the field and out of my range. I don't begrudge Chad for the really deep passes, not at all, it's just from around the 15 yard range I'd prefer he had some pop. Montana really distinguished himself by completing in that range. Chad...man...I wanted us to have "the next Montana" but the reality is Chad has been underperforming. If Chad were suddenly to morph into 2002 Chad I bet I'd be the second happiest Jet fan (behind ecurb--I will not question his devotion to Chad) on the boards, but I just don't see that happening. This isn't a fairytale, you can't just believe in something and have it happen. You have to make cold hard decisions...and if Chad doesn't pull through in the first 2 weeks...the cold hard decision should be to give KC a chance.

Maybe so, but he has been able to actually train in a way he needs, to work on technique and muscle mass without having that rushed or shortchanged by rehabbing. He still isnt going the burn an Elway cross into WRs chests, but he may have the actual limitations his body has fully in check and be able to work with them in a way he has never had. He will most likely have bettered his game this go-round, we wont know till the season starts.

I have nothing against Clemens, but if he doesnt get time to survey and check down because of the line then he wont be able to do his job. This line needs to perform, first and foremost.

Brady had arguably his worst season since 01 and should have been sent home in round two of the play-offs due to his INT's if the SD defender simply falls to the ground. What exactly did he "get done" other than beating a inferior Jets team?.

Yes and the Jets offensive line problems had nothing to do with this. Gotcha.

Brady had arguably his worst season since 01 and should have been sent home in round two of the play-offs due to his INT's if the SD defender simply falls to the ground. What exactly did he "get done" other than beating a inferior Jets team?.

Not for nothing, but that play happened with 6:16 left in the game. Brady had plenty of time to drive the team for a score in the even that Troy did not bail him out.

It is funny Jets fans make arguments like yours. "He had his worst season since 01." Yet, the Patriots were only 14-5 and a dropped pass from the Superbowl. Was the team 14-5 because of Tom or despite him? You know the answer. Do people recount Joe Montana's 3 INTs versus Dallas? No, just the one pass. Brady did have a bad game and Troy bailed him out, but when needed he shredded the Chargers D.

All he got done was take a team that was at best 4th best in the AFC and took to the AFC Championship game when many probably thought they would lose to Mangini.

Archived