Howard Stern's show is FAKE

madmike1

Anyone who is shocked that such a thing would happen in this day and age, well just LOL. But it is weak for him to do that regardless. Not sure why he would. He was always talking about over exposure. Enough is enough already.

Besides I went to see the O&A traveling virus show at the Arts Center last weekend. After seeing that I realized that Howard truly doesn't have any competition.

Unless Lewis Black and Jim Norton team up and start their own show that is.

As in Lewis Black, undergraduate alumni of The University of North Carolina at Chapel-Hill :P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Max he has to do it because no one is watching his TV show. Plain and simple. BTW how can you tell anything about O and A from the 5 mins they are on stage during that show? It's much more about the comics than about them.

O and A aren't comics, this was my point. Anthony is funny, not sure what Opie is getting paid for exactly. But they got on stage and played gross videos.

The internet can do that. Jim Norton was funny and Lewis Black was great as well.

O and A aren't comics, this was my point. Anthony is funny, not sure what Opie is getting paid for exactly. But they got on stage and played gross videos.

The internet can do that. Jim Norton was funny and Lewis Black was great as well.

No one said they are comics...

In other breaking news today, it was found out that some teams SCRIPT their first few offensive series of plays. THEY SCRIPT THEM.

And these teams have the nerve to call it a sport.

I just thought football fans ought to know.

HORRIBLE comparison (why that shocks me i have no idea.) The outcomes of those plays aren't predetermined.

HORRIBLE comparison (why that shocks me i have no idea.) The outcomes of those plays aren't predetermined.

And, only extremely naive people can't tell when they are being marketed to. Mixing advertising with content has been going on for eons. What is new about this?

Didn't you really think it was cute that ET loved Reese's Pieces? And what a lucky break for their company.

Please

Sorry you had to settle for the cheap seats max heh.

hahaha.

Actually the show was pretty good. I like Otto and George and the other two I mentioned. Anthony is really funny. He obviously makes the show and Jim Norton seems to finally get the recognition he deserves.

I have a girlfriend now. After sex I have to remind myself not to pay her. I loved that part, don't give her money, don't give her money!

And, only extremely naive people can't tell when they are being marketed to. Mixing advertising with content has been going on for eons. What is new about this?

Didn't you really think it was cute that ET loved Reese's Pieces? And what a lucky break for their company.

Please

That is a good point.

At any rate I was just in the JetNation Arcade and figured I would check back in on this thread.

If anyone feels like betting on some games please visit Vbookie section or go to BetUs to do it for real.

hahaha.

Actually the show was pretty good. I like Otto and George and the other two I mentioned. Anthony is really funny. He obviously makes the show and Jim Norton seems to finally get the recognition he deserves.

I have a girlfriend now. After sex I have to remind myself not to pay her. I loved that part, don't give her money, don't give her money!

Otto and George make me laugh harder than just about anything in the world every time i see them and it's the exact same act...

Please

exactly

Please

And once again you miss the point. That kind of product placement is MUCH DIFFERENT from fake callers.

And once again you miss the point. That kind of product placement is MUCH DIFFERENT from fake callers.

I listen to the readio to be entertained.

Along the way, through all of the entertainment channels that are filtered through me, there are people and advertisers looking to sink their claws in me. TIVO has helped me filter this somewhat, but the messages still get through other channels. It is part of the entertainment price.

I don't pay for Sirius, nor do I have it.

i used to listen to Howard Stern, and I enjoyed. I also realized that Howard blatantly self promoted, often in ways that he would like you to believe were not coersive. But I recognized that for what it is.

But, at the end of the day, I was entertained. There was nothing that Howard could do, or make me do that I would not have done if I did not listen to the show.

At the end of the day, I was entertained, and he had listenership. he even marketed his message. It was just the way I knew things had to be done.

This is nothing new or unusual. Happens all the time

Wow. O&A fans ripping on Stern. Stern fans ripping on O&A.

Its a radio program. Its entertainment, not real life. Who gives a flying F???

Stern isnt the inventor of everything?? oh boo hoo.

O&A popularity is no where near what Stern enjoyed throughout most of his career?? oh boo hoo.

If you like Stern, good for you, but dont forget he tells you what he wants you to hear.. not the truth.

If you like O&A, good for you, but dont forget they tell you what they want you to hear.. not the truth.

Me?? Stern fan in Highschool. Opie fan (wbab at night) during highschool. Stern fan after college. O&A fan when they started on WNEW. Over time, I stopped listening to Stern. He jumped the shark and I was no longer being entertained.

O&A still entertain me. I enjoy their show. But do I sit in my car for 20 minutes in my driveway after I get home? no. someday I will stop listening to them when Im no longer entertained.

Enjoy what you like. I dont give a rats @ss what you like. Doesnt affect my enjoyment.

We're not exactly talking about 60 Minutes or Dateline here, so I don't see where journalistic integrity would apply to anything that happens on the show. There have always been some obviously fake phone calls going back many years. It is a comedy show, plain and simple so fake, fraud or any other term does not apply.

We're not exactly talking about 60 Minutes or Dateline here, so I don't see where journalistic integrity would apply to anything that happens on the show. There have always been some obviously fake phone calls going back many years. It is a comedy show, plain and simple so fake, fraud or any other term does not apply.

Abslolutely correct.

Be upset that your 6:00 "news" program inserts bltanat "canned content" promoting shows of their network .

To be worried, or even surprised that Howard Stern inserts fake, canned content in his show is surprisingly naive.

Next thing you will tell me is that Ann Landers made up some of the letters in her advice column.

Abslolutely correct.

Be upset that your 6:00 "news" program inserts bltanat "canned content" promoting shows of their network .

To be worried, or even surprised that Howard Stern inserts fake, canned content in his show is surprisingly naive.

Next thing you will tell me is that Ann Landers made up some of the letters in her advice column.

Fakes? No way!

myspace_02.jpg

madmike what is your axe to grind here?

i listened to the two callers and howard calls them BOTH "ERIC" therefore he isnt trying to hide anything. He often takes routine callers along with random callers.

so what? howard has always been known be a capitalist. Im surprised this shocks you at all. There have been plenty of times i suspected that he was manipulating things for $ and ratings and whatever

Do i CARE? no way. Bottom line? the HS show is EXTREMELY funny as of late. He is in one of his "best periods"

So howard farms out work to others? yea sure he does. hes got arty to crack me up, sal and rich doing the phoney phone calls and a huge staff to help. Is howard working as hard as he used to? NO WAY. of course he isnt but then again he is still offering GREAT product.

Last week they went on vacation. GUES WHAT? that week was FUNNY as hell. They do it right. I never heard garys ebonics phone call. NOw I did. The billy west stuff is great.

I grew up on stern. he deserves to enjoy life. I hope he enjoys his vacation days because he is leaving me well entertained while out.

OH YEA, i had howard tv. Very funny

madmike, the O and A debate is growing tiring. to each his own

madmike what is your axe to grind here?

i listened to the two callers and howard calls them BOTH "ERIC" therefore he isnt trying to hide anything. He often takes routine callers along with random callers.

so what? howard has always been known be a capitalist. Im surprised this shocks you at all. There have been plenty of times i suspected that he was manipulating things for $ and ratings and whatever

Do i CARE? no way. Bottom line? the HS show is EXTREMELY funny as of late. He is in one of his "best periods"

So howard farms out work to others? yea sure he does. hes got arty to crack me up, sal and rich doing the phoney phone calls and a huge staff to help. Is howard working as hard as he used to? NO WAY. of course he isnt but then again he is still offering GREAT product.

Last week they went on vacation. GUES WHAT? that week was FUNNY as hell. They do it right. I never heard garys ebonics phone call. NOw I did. The billy west stuff is great.

I grew up on stern. he deserves to enjoy life. I hope he enjoys his vacation days because he is leaving me well entertained while out.

OH YEA, i had howard tv. Very funny

madmike, the O and A debate is growing tiring. to each his own

If you want to explain away and justify everything he does thats you're right.

Well I think it is just wrong. I mean it would be as bad as me or any mod creating fake accounts for the sole purpose of driving up post counts.

You have my word that will never happen here. Integrity people, it's all about integrity.

Jim Norton seems to finally get the recognition he deserves.

He is funny as hell. He lived right down the street (Linwood Place) from me in North Brunswick. He was good friends with my brother.

This thread is just silly. Anyone who listens to Howard and isn't able to tell when people are calling in to make him more money are just idiots. I listen to the show and yeah I roll my eyes when one of his "callers" is raving about HowardTV or when he tries to make a commercial sound like a show. If anybody who hears that stuff doesn't realize what it is then they deserve to get taken to the cleaners. IMO, once the commercials are over the show is excellent. Not so much because of Howard, but Artie and Fred. Howard is a whiner and it's tough to stomach him sometimes. Definitely a far superior product to O&A IMO though.

Archived