Seymour absent from camp

RichardSeymour

Sigh. Looks like we have a real contract issue and to my memory the first veteran holdout of the BB era.

Pats' Seymour missing from first day of camp

10:49 AM EDT on Thursday, June 9, 2005

By TOM CURRAN

Journal staff writer

FOXBORO, Mass. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Richard Seymour was absent from the New England Patriots' first practice at June minicamp today.

It is not kow yet whether Seymour, who would like a contract renegotiation, was excused from practice, or absent without permission.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has a 12:30 p.m. press conference, at which time he will address the issue.

Seymour is entering the fifth year of a six-year deal he signed when drafted sixth overall in 2001.

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi, recovering from a stroke he suffered in February, was also not at practice.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last week I asked a question about how the patsie* fans felt about a possible RS holdout...I got bombarded from all sides because it just wasn't gonna happen..well, I guess you were wrong people...face it, BB is used to having his way but it looks like a few MIGHT see things differently now

last week I asked a question about how the patsie* fans felt about a possible RS holdout...I got bombarded from all sides because it just wasn't gonna happen..well, I guess you were wrong people...face it, BB is used to having his way but it looks like a few MIGHT see things differently now

Just another leak in the dike.

Sigh. Looks like we have a real contract issue and to my memory the first veteran holdout of the BB era.

BB should just cut his A$$ if he is holding out.

I'm sure he can grab a DE off the wire when some of the training camp cuts are made.

No big deal at all. Just throw another warm body into the system and go on without missing the beat.

I'm sure he can grab a DE off the wire when some of the training camp cuts are made.

No big deal at all. Just throw another warm body into the system and go on without missing the beat.

i can't tell if you are serious or not. You are aware that Richard Seymour is one of the best DL in the league right?

I thought Seymour was the second coming? Oh wait, that's Brady...or was it BB?

How DARE these Patriots ask to be paid market value? Don't they know they're playing for Bill Belichick? If Seymour had any brains, he'd take Belichick's 1-year, $2 million dollar deal with a $640,000 signing bonus out of sheer LOYALTY. But don't get hurt, Seymour, because Belichick will throw you out on the street! Have fun!

If I play for that freaking franchise, I take all my money guaranteed up front. Belichick treats his players like cattle.

i can't tell if you are serious or not. You are aware that Richard Seymour is one of the best DL in the league right?

Come on bit, you are not that naive. [-X

Here's the real thing that pisses me off about the situation.

Damn 13 could have been right. :shock::shock:

BB is suppose to have a 12:30 press conference to address the situation.

Come on bit, you are not that naive. [-X

Here's the real thing that pisses me off about the situation.

Damn 13 could have been right. :shock::shock:

BB is suppose to have a 12:30 press conference to address the situation.

WHAT? what did you say???? I didn't hear you, a little louder please?? \:D/

Cripes - people who don't live in NE just don't get the drill!! BB always has a mid-day press conference during mini-camp, training camp, passing camp, etc. This "issue" isn't the reason why he has a conference. And, honestly, do you expect to get much insight at all from BB? Does anyone here think that BB would call the press to openly discuss and "alleged" contract negotiation? Has BB ever done that in his entire Coacing career in NE? Ah......hmmmm......'lemme think......NO! :lol:

Further, from what I hear, SB rings will be handed out next week (or is it this Sunday?) at a private party hosted by the Krafts. 'Wanna bet Seymour will be there? :mrgreen:

Cripes - people who don't live in NE just don't get the drill!! BB always has a mid-day press conference during mini-camp, training camp, passing camp, etc. This "issue" isn't the reason why he has a conference. And, honestly, do you expect to get much insight at all from BB? Does anyone here think that BB would call the press to openly discuss and "alleged" contract negotiation? Has BB ever done that in his entire Coacing career in NE? Ah......hmmmm......'lemme think......NO! :lol:

I agree, this conference will have nothing to do with the RS situation..and make no mistake, it IS a situation...but hey like Tx said, just plug in Wilfat and never miss a beat

BWAHAHAHA

IMHO this is RS's last year.

I think he is traded in the offseason before he becomes a FA in 2007.

Look at all the young talent the Patriots have on the DL. No, there is not anyone as good as RS, but there is alot and at a fraction of the price.

No, there is not anyone as good as RS, but there is alot and at a fraction of the price.

PFSIKH,

You wasting your time.

The majority of Jet fans can not comprehend that concept.

Hell, they were extremely happy giving up two 1st's and a 4th for DFat and they were ecstatic when the Jets signed an unproven, injury-prone QB to a $64 million extension. :shock:

PFSIKH,

You wasting your time.

The majority of Jet fans can not comprehend that concept.

Hell, they were extremely happy giving up two 1st's and a 4th for DFat and they were ecstatic when the Jets signed an unproven, injury-prone QB to a $64 million extension. :shock:

Yes, but we must try and convert these savages. :wink:

They take the Jets' way as the gospel even though the fruits of their labor has been 2 division titles in the last 36 years. :roll:

shhhh....80.... we are trying to keep them all on one thread and then.... oh never mind .. i dont want to ruin the surprise ;)

get off this thread while you still can, my fellow Jets :lol:

Read a quote in a book called "The Games Do Count"..

"Theres never that point when you have arrived, because in sports theres always another game, another series, another season. You really can't rest on your laurels or look back in triumph or sorrow, over anything that happens, because things are changing so rapidly."

Your run is close to over, Karma is a bitch...

"Theres never that point when you have arrived, because in sports theres always another game, another series, another season. You really can't rest on your laurels or look back in triumph or sorrow, over anything that happens, because things are changing so rapidly."

Your run is close to over, Karma is a b!tch...

Nothin' lasts forever, 13. Agreed. That's why I will enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

I also believe in karma. That is why the Jest 'aint winning sh*t :P

If you do not like the Patriots' talk, goto a site like jetsinsider.com.

Stay off our site. :wink:

:lol: I would, but I can't pass the credit check at the door. Damn, they always warned me that defaulting on my college loan payments would come back to bite me in the ass! :lol:

Look, Crennel is gone. He was the best teacher of front-seven talent in the game. The days of taking garbage and turning them into Pro Bowlers is past for you chumps. Time to pay the piper in Beantown, people. Start paying for talent and welcome to the rest of the league.

Your run is close to over, Karma is a b!tch...

Good, no great point 13.

Nothing lasts forever, but why waste time fretting over this ending. Enjoy the ride. Oh, I know there will be a day in my future when the Patriots are drafting near the top if not the top of the draft in my lifetime, but that day is not now.

The points Jets' fans bring up on the Patriots' demise are all valid. Until prooven otherwise, the Patriots have shown the ability overcome the loss of players (FA defection or injury) and the loss of coaches (QB Coach Rhebein) a few years ago.

My point is this, the quote of your is good, but seeing all the championship DVDs, mainly the Three Games to Glory I, II and III, I do not see the attitudes slipping. Could they? Of course, there have been a players that have lost the desire (Randall-Robinson), looked for more money (Woody, MIlloy, Law), but the core is still there and Belichick and Pioli have shown a knack for getting the right player. Perfec choices? No, but damm good on most.

Again, I am going to enjoy the ride.

Archived