What do you think?

SteveO

I just did a draft in a 14 team league with 16 man rosters. Starting format is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def, and 1 WR/RB

QB: Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Schaub

RB: LT, Marion Barber, T. Bell, Brandon Jackon

WR: Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Dante Stallworth, Mike Furrey, Dwayne Jarrett

TE: Todd Heap, Marcus Pollard

K: Jason Elam

Def: Carolina, Tampa Bay

This week I am starting

QB: Hasselbeck

RB: LT, Barber

WR: Wayne, Ftizgerald, Stallworth

TE: Heap

Flex: Bell

K: Elam

DEF: Carolina

14-team leagues are tough. Particularly with so many RB's/WR's to start. So overall it looks pretty good. Your top 2 WR's are kick-ass for such a big league, and LT is like a RB and a half (or in a 14-man league, almost like 2 whole RB's). If Barber has 3/4 of the season he had in '06 you're in great shape. WR3 is a little light maybe b/c I just don't see Stallworth putting up consistent points, but that's mighty nit-picky. WR3's are always available on the waiver-wire. If Brandon Jackson emerges & Hasselbeck has even a good-but-not-great season, you're looking mighty good.

Did a 14-man league one year & hated it. Particularly b/c I picked 13th. My 3rd player wasn't even a top-40 player. An injury to one of my 2 top picks (which I had happen) and poof! my season was over. Cannot win a league with only one of the top 40 players when others have 2-3. There simply isn't enough depth to go around.

So good job. You've got good depth & by the time Kevin Jones comes back to steal time from Tatum Bell, Brandon Jackson might be worthy of an every-week start at your flex position.

14-team leagues are tough. Particularly with so many RB's/WR's to start. So overall it looks pretty good. Your top 2 WR's are kick-ass for such a big league, and LT is like a RB and a half (or in a 14-man league, almost like 2 whole RB's). If Barber has 3/4 of the season he had in '06 you're in great shape. WR3 is a little light maybe b/c I just don't see Stallworth putting up consistent points, but that's mighty nit-picky. WR3's are always available on the waiver-wire. If Brandon Jackson emerges & Hasselbeck has even a good-but-not-great season, you're looking mighty good.

Did a 14-man league one year & hated it. Particularly b/c I picked 13th. My 3rd player wasn't even a top-40 player. An injury to one of my 2 top picks (which I had happen) and poof! my season was over. Cannot win a league with only one of the top 40 players when others have 2-3. There simply isn't enough depth to go around.

So good job. You've got good depth & by the time Kevin Jones comes back to steal time from Tatum Bell, Brandon Jackson might be worthy of an every-week start at your flex position.

My top 2 WR's worked out because obviously I had the 1st pick and when it came back to me I saw that runningbacks were going so I knew that I needed two good recievers so I took Wayne and Fitz with my 2nd and 3rd picks.

If stallworth does not work out I still have Furrey that is a #2 at the moment, Calvin Johnson should be taking that spot soon, but will still be solid as a slot reciever. I also have Dwayne Jarrett that I am hoping will emerge in Carolina.

But I know what you mean about 14 being too much. I hope to cut it down to 12 next year. This is what happens when people are indecisive and at the last minute tell you that they want in.

Archived