OK here's mine

Sperm Edwards

Since I've given opinions on others' teams I thought I'd open myself up to the same.

12-team league. Basic yards + scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST

QB's: Romo, A.Smith

RB's: Rudi, Maroney, J.Jones, B.Jackson, C.Brown, S.Morris, M.Robinson

WR's: Driver, Calvin Johnson, DJ Hackett, Kennison, Northcutt, A.Battle

TE: Gates

K: Stover

DST: Chicago

I didn't bother with backups to my bottom 3. They'd be uselessly eating up space on my bench for the first 6+ weeks. I never draft for bye-weeks. I'm a little light on WR2/WR3 but it's b/c I took Gates at the turn in round 4 (I had the 12th pick); we'll see how that turns out. Two guys took Henry & Bush in round 1 so that's how I ended up with Rudi at #12. Obviously I loaded up on RB's b/c I was not expecting to be able to pick up other RB starters or possible starters in rounds 10-11. Also wanted to back up Maroney who isn't the most durable & took a shot on Gore's backup since he can be brittle himself.

Could have ended up with a slightly stronger starting lineup out of the gate, but as long as I can stay in the hunt in the first half of the season, the RB depth/trade value should keep me in great shape for the home stretch. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Not bad. I would have gone for a more experienced #2 WR but I don't know who was left when you picked Calvin Johnson. It's a gamble you take drafting the top TE on the board.

There was a big early run on WR's. The next ones off the board were Chambers, Glenn, Santana Moss, M.Clayton, Curry, & Berrian. None anything special & a couple are injured already. I figured I'd rather wait it out with some growing pains from Calvin for the first few weeks than waiting for the once a month that Santana Moss decides to not get under 5 points. None of the rest have big-time potential in pass-happy offenses. It's a risk, I agree. But...no guts no glory.

Enjoy 4th place.

Yes, it was foolish of me to not grab Tomlinson with the last pick. It is a move I regret.

i like A smith, but chit, romo? just out of principal you should have left that bum out. He'll probably have a good season, but i have a long standing vow never to chear for any dallas player, even if they need to win for the Jets' sake.

screw the cowboys, that's my stance.

i like A smith, but chit, romo? just out of principal you should have left that bum out. He'll probably have a good season, but i have a long standing vow never to chear for any dallas player, even if they need to win for the Jets' sake.

lol

Kitna is who I wanted, but he was taken 1 pick before I went that round. Next-best QB on my sheet was Leinart & about 5 other guys who could out-perform him easily. I hardly root for Dallas as a team any more than I root for any non-Jets team. This isn't a pick-your-favorite-players league; otherwise Leon would have been on my team no later than the 13th overall pick. There is no "team chemistry" or anything like that. You pick the players who you think will have the best stats. Romo was an outstanding FF QB last year. That's all that matters.

I am a fan of taking Chicago in the 5th/6th round. They will score more points than almost every receiver. If I didn't get the Bears, though, I'd wait until the last two rounds.

I'm not big on Calvin Johnson, but receivers are the most over-rated position in fantasy football. I'm going into battle with Santonio Holmes as my #2 in half the leagues I'm in, so I guess I can't knock you for Calvin Johnson.

Decent RB depth, but the league must be deeper than Britney Spears' vag for you to have Morris and Robinson on your roster. If it's PPR, I would drop Morris for Kevin Faulk.

I'm not big on Gates, but you know that already. I really think your team would be better without having him in the first 3/4 rounds. You'd have a better #1 than Driver, for one thing. I like Driver, but he's never had 10 tubs in a season. He's more of a high-end #2 to me.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's a real championship contender. Depending on what the other teams look like, I see your team being part of a big cluster**** in the middle of the pack.

Please join my FF league next year. $10,000 entry. ;)

Romo: 345 passing yds, 4 passing TD's, 1 rushing TD

• 2 months later...
Please join my FF league next year. $10,000 entry. ;)

Romo: 345 passing yds, 4 passing TD's, 1 rushing TD

did i ever tell you i'm a total hypocrite? i ended up drafting him in my JN league, and yeah, he's a flippin stud.

Doesn't mean i like having to chear for a damned cowboy. :puke:

how's your team doin sperm? rough picks as your starting RB's, hopefull you got Watson to replace Florence Maroney.

Made some moves. Now the squad looks like:

Tony Romo

Kellen Clemens

Florence Maroney

Kevin Faulk

Lamont Jordan

Kolby Smith

Chester Taylor

Andre Hall (the guy on Denver)

Shaun Alexander

Maurice Morris

DJ Hackett (though I think he just had a bad injury yesterday)

Chris Henry (Cincy WR; not the Ten RB)

Calvin Johnson

Drew Bennett

Muhsin Muhammad

Antonio Gates

Matt Stover (though on Wed he'll be gone for...well...anyone)

Chicago D/ST

Past 2 weeks I've kicked ass with this squad.

Kept trading for RB's and they kept getting injured (or demoted in the case of Jordan). Went like 6 weeks with about 1 rushing TD (from Sammy Morris I think in like week 3 or something; then of course he got injured also). Rudi = garbage; Maroney = garbage; Alexander = garbage; Jordan = garbage. At WR Calvin Johnson = kept getting his back re-injured & leaving the game in the 1st half after 40 yards & Hackett was out for 6 weeks or something. Now Hackett just got injured again yesterday 1 week after I traded Driver away. And Driver was mostly garbage also since Jennings has been healthy. Of course he's looked better since I traded him away.

Still hanging on. I'm 6-6 after yesterday's games. Nutty year. I had the "stud RB" duo in there: Kolby Smith and Chester Taylor. 4 weeks ago these guys were both scrubs. And my #3 is the crappy Maurice Morris who has actually been producing the past 3 weeks; benched him for Kolby vs Oakland (good move). Then #4 is some 4th-string undrafted Denver dude I never heard of until 6 days ago, lol. Meanwhile Maroney, now my #5 who I took like 13th overall, didn't get his first carry yesterday until the 2nd half of the game.

How's your team doing?

Made some moves. Now the squad looks like:

Tony Romo

Kellen Clemens

Florence Maroney

Kevin Faulk

Lamont Jordan

Kolby Smith

Chester Taylor

Andre Hall (the guy on Denver)

Shaun Alexander

Maurice Morris

DJ Hackett (though I think he just had a bad injury yesterday)

Chris Henry (Cincy WR; not the Ten RB)

Calvin Johnson

Drew Bennett

Muhsin Muhammad

Antonio Gates

Matt Stover (though on Wed he'll be gone for...well...anyone)

Chicago D/ST

Past 2 weeks I've kicked ass with this squad.

Kept trading for RB's and they kept getting injured (or demoted in the case of Jordan). Went like 6 weeks with about 1 rushing TD (from Sammy Morris I think in like week 3 or something; then of course he got injured also). Rudi = garbage; Maroney = garbage; Alexander = garbage; Jordan = garbage. At WR Calvin Johnson = kept getting his back re-injured & leaving the game in the 1st half after 40 yards & Hackett was out for 6 weeks or something. Now Hackett just got injured again yesterday 1 week after I traded Driver away. And Driver was mostly garbage also since Jennings has been healthy. Of course he's looked better since I traded him away.

Still hanging on. I'm 6-6 after yesterday's games. Nutty year. I had the "stud RB" duo in there: Kolby Smith and Chester Taylor. 4 weeks ago these guys were both scrubs. And my #3 is the crappy Maurice Morris who has actually been producing the past 3 weeks; benched him for Kolby vs Oakland (good move). Then #4 is some 4th-string undrafted Denver dude I never heard of until 6 days ago, lol. Meanwhile Maroney, now my #5 who I took like 13th overall, didn't get his first carry yesterday until the 2nd half of the game.

How's your team doing?

I've been doing pretty well. I have gottne the shaft hard in two weeks, but i'm still at 7 and 4 i think? I posted my season high with a 148, only to be going against Sharrow who also posted his season high of 159. That was tough to swallow since i had romo on a 3 TD day, and Peterson and his 3 TD day...oh yeah, and he also set the record for most rushing yards in a single game. (Sharrow had Jamal Lewis post his 3 or 4 TD's, and Green had two)...to say i was stunned i lost to that RB combo, is putting it very, very lightly).

I had a rough start to the season, having Jackson who got hurt, but before he got hurt he lost Orlando Pace, which is enough for most backs (S Alexander) to pack it in like a little baby for the rest of the year. Thankfully Jackson has some heart, and still puts up respectable numbers. Brandon Jacobs has killed me, but i wasn't savy enough to pull a trade for a replacement.

the Romo/Anderson connection is a thing of beauty. It's almost hard to make a mistake with those two, one usually scores 30, when the other turns in 20, it's been nice.

D Mason has dropped off, which hurts, his catches were sky high at the begning, but with Balts' QB situation, he is unplayable. I have M. Harrison riding pine since week 2...never saw that one coming.

Lets just say i'm happy i have wes welker...without him, my studs are hurt or nursing their headaches for weeks at a time. Should be an interesting finish to the season, i'm going to be in second place, after tonight, but Sharrow is still undefeated, so there is no chance in catching him. We'll see.

i forgot to mention, i also have Chester taylor, and warrick dunn. Pretty set at the RB positions, just wish they could be healthy for more than two weeks this season...that's how it goes though.

Yeah, whenever I think about how awful Maroney is & who I would have taken instead if I didn't go RB-RB at the rd1/rd2 turn...to be honest, the next player I would have gone with was Harrison. Figured he may not be the #1 WR but he was a rock in terms of consistently being a top-5 WR. Just wasn't my year other than finding Romo in round 5.

So glad all season that I took Driver over Randy Moss. What a f'up.

Yeah, whenever I think about how awful Maroney is & who I would have taken instead if I didn't go RB-RB at the rd1/rd2 turn...to be honest, the next player I would have gone with was Harrison. Figured he may not be the #1 WR but he was a rock in terms of consistently being a top-5 WR. Just wasn't my year other than finding Romo in round 5.

I passed on Moss too. I should have just known Brady would be throwing darts at him 8 feet off the ground in the endzone...oh well, hinesight is 20/20...

My best pick up this year has been Ted Ginn and Terrence McGee. the return yards to points is 25:1, they get about 5 shots per game at it, then also punt returning. I have McGee as my defender, and Ginn at WR, but both give me at a minimum 7 points, usually over ten, that isn't including when they do take one all the way back, or the tackles either make. It's been nice, i'll have to remember this one for next year.

In two leagues, I thought really hard about taking Moss.

Instead, I took Driver and Lee Evans, respectively.

This has been the weirdest fantasy season ever.

Archived