JD Drew

Gainzo

Is he the worst signing in MLB history? The man is making $13 or $14 million a year and leads the league in called 3rd strikes and hitting into double plays with men on base*

*He may not lead the league but he certainly leads the Red Sox in sucking with guys in scoring position.

Is this signing worse than Pavano? I would say yes. At least Pavano isn't on the field.

Discuss.

Not even close to Pavano.

At least Drew is making an effort.

Pavano just took the money and ran.

Anytime you miss most of a season because of an @ss injury you just flat out suck.

I dont think Drew is even making an effort. I need Thor & Haggis to back me up on this. The guy is awful. All he does is hit into double plays and strike out looking.

I dont think Drew is even making an effort. I need Thor & Haggis to back me up on this. The guy is awful. All he does is hit into double plays and strike out looking.

Harsh Gain...very very harsh.

I think he should get a pass for this season.

He hurt his back early. Again got hurt in July.

I read somewhere the Sox have protection in the contract for him.

If next season he is still hitting lightly, trade him and eat the contract.

Harsh Gain...very very harsh.

I think he should get a pass for this season.

He hurt his back early. Again got hurt in July.

I read somewhere the Sox have protection in the contract for him.

If next season he is still hitting lightly, trade him and eat the contract.

Agreed, but I'd put him on a short leash next year. It'll be put up (the numbers) or shut up.

Agreed, but I'd put him on a short leash next year. It'll be put up (the numbers) or shut up.

Oh yeah.

JD Drew is hurt????

What a shock

What? You would not give a guy with a history if injuries a long contract when he is in his 30s?

There's no excuse for the first half of the season, but his son has been in a body cast for the last month or so. He has more important things on his mind than a game.

I understand that, but the whole idea of a long term deal, at big bucks, for a guy with his injury history, and not exactly the greatest production, was not the smartest move, IMO. Sure, he has had some very solid years, but he has also been hurt too often in his career to really be worth a 70 million deal.

Archived