Yahoo!-Brady limited in practice today (9/7)

gangreenman

Yahoo! Sports news has reported that Brady missed part of practice today due to a right shoulder injury...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady missed a portion of practice Thursday because of his chronic right shoulder injury.

Brady was on the field during the time the media was allowed to view practice, but the team later reported that he had "limited participation." Patriots coach Bill Belichick was not available for comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

For several seasons the two-time Super Bowl MVP has been a regular on the weekly injury report with the shoulder problem, which is believed to date to the 2002 season.

Nevertheless, Brady has started 108 straight games, the third-longest active streak among quarterbacks, trailing only Brett Favre (257) and Peyton Manning (156).

Brady turned 30 last month. At the start of training camp, he said he planned to rest his arm more.

"One thing I'm doing a little bit different is that I'm really monitoring my throws in the preseason," he said. "Before I'd come out and I'd throw 100 balls a day. After a while, you throw 100 balls here at practice, that's 200 balls a day in two-a-days, and you go, `After four days, why is my arm sore?' Well, because you're throwing (so much)."

Receiver Randy Moss, who missed all four preseason games with a leg injury, also was limited in practice Thursday, although the Patriots listed the reason as "team decision." Brady looked sharp in the Patriots' third preseason game, completing 17 of 22 passes with two touchdowns against the Carolina Panthers. He and the rest of New England's starters sat out the final preseason game.

Will this be the 1st season since he took over for Bledsoe that Brady misses a game? It looks as if he is already coming into the season a little nicked...

No Sh!t. Maybe he'll miss a game at somepoint this season though if hes coming in a little nicked up...

How is he coming into the season nicked up? He's not injured this is more of that Bellicheck BS putting players down on the injured list even though they will definitely play. He's not going to miss any games for anything on this retarded injury report.

" that's 200 balls a day in two-a-days, and you go, `After four days, why is my arm sore?"

I don't think he's talking about footballs here

Everyone knows that Brady will play. Moss, Stallworth, Welker & Waston are much better than Jackson, Brown and Caldwell.

How is he coming into the season nicked up? He's not injured this is more of that Bellicheck BS putting players down on the injured list even though they will definitely play. He's not going to miss any games for anything on this retarded injury report.

He is injured. He was injured in 2002 like the article said and what it is is shrouded in mystery Of course, it cannot be to bad seeing he has the third longest playing streak.

He is injured. He was injured in 2002 like the article said and what it is is shrouded in mystery Of course, it cannot be to bad seeing he has the third longest playing streak.

he's still nearly a decade behind the toughest QB in NFL history.

53_favre-falcons.JPG

Surprising seeing has to lug those heavy Superbowl rings around. I guess he will have to win a few more to build his arm strength.

Must be all that jerking off to donate sperm.... you dont think he actually has sex with these women do you?

That was lame... Im a ****ing machine... working posting ****ing... I do it all and your just jealous...

Max

I think we have a nominee for the next Mod and he does not seem opposed to the initiation.

Ecrub.....you might want to do some yoga exercises. BP said they helped him pass his initiation.

What scares me most is the deflation factor of the jets losing to a back up q'back.

any given sunday......... we can beat the pats with or without brady and we can lose to the pats with or without brady.

I wanna see tom in there. what a confidence booster to our young db's if we contain em.

What scares me most is the deflation factor of the jets losing to a back up q'back.

any given sunday......... we can beat the pats with or without brady and we can lose to the pats with or without brady.

I wanna see tom in there. what a confidence booster to our young db's if we contain em.

Yes it would be a confidence booster...But can they contain him or will he tear them to pieces?

Hopefully his career just ends.

Aw, do I sense alittle jealousy there? Do you have Brady envy, or did you just forget to take your meds today.

Wishing for someone to have their career ended is just a moronic, juvenile thing to do.

Grow up kid, it's just a game.

Aw, do I sense alittle jealousy there? Do you have Brady envy, or did you just forget to take your meds today.

Wishing for someone to have their career ended is just a moronic, juvenile thing to do.

Grow up kid, it's just a game.

You got lucky the last time the JETS ended a QB's career in NE... I would watch what you say...

Archived