So, I went to the Mets game tonight...

Thor99

And there were Mets fans telling me that the AL East is overrated. I was told that if the Mets were in the AL East they would win 10-15 more games than they will this season. I was also told that if the Sox or Yanks were in the NL, they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

I don't know if I've ever witnessed more delusion.

And there were Mets fans telling me that the AL East is overrated. I was told that if the Mets were in the AL East they would win 10-15 more games than they will this season. I was also told that if the Sox or Yanks were in the NL, they wouldn't even make the playoffs.

ANY baseball fan that plays the fantasy game of placing other teams in other leagus is delusional.

Now the Mets are built6 better for the AL than most other NL teams, but their roster is not AL constructed either.

ANY baseball fan that plays the fantasy game of placing other teams in other leagus is delusional.

Now the Mets are built6 better for the AL than most other NL teams, but their roster is not AL constructed either.

I understand that completely. They were also saying that it was going to be Mets/Sox in the WS, with the Mets winning in 5.

I will say this, the Mets looked pretty good last night. Pelfrey was in trouble all night long, though. Milledge had himself one hell of a game.

Have you forgotten the place you moderate?

:rl:

And you just can't get enough of it, right?

But when we harp on Hermy, this is your retort?

You people seriously need to let it go. He's gone. He sucks. Move on already.

Sometimes I wonder if Jets fans are "happier" when they are miserable.

PS: Sorry for hijacking your Met thread, Thor. but it was to pick on the little princess. :P

Thats pretty funny considering the Mets wouldnt even make the playoffs if they were in the AL east, or any other AL division for that matter. They just arent that good.

Doesnt mean they cant win a world series for the NL though. They should cruise to the WS, and anyone can beat anyone in a 7 game series so they got a chance.

Mets beating any AL team in 5 would be hilarious. Ya gotta love yet feel sorry for Mets fans. How can such a fan base be so delusional? Poor Mets fans. Hey, at least you'll finally have a respectable park to play in again.

That sounds like typical Shea talk. Did they spit on the ground every time they said the word "Yankees"

Have you forgotten the place you moderate?

:rl:

Really. This place is just FULL of Patsies fans who labor under the delusion that we give a **** about what they think.

THAT's delusion.

Ya gotta love yet feel sorry for Mets fans. How can such a fan base be so delusional? Poor Mets fans. Hey, at least you'll finally have a respectable park to play in again.

Why are you pitying a team that is about to win a division title? The Mets have been smacking around just about everyone lately, I'd put this team up against ANY team but the Angles and Red Sox right now and be quite confident the Mets would push the series to 7 OR win it.

I too went to the Mets game last night. A good time. Got to treat my bro and his son, Mets fans, to a nice night.

They will likely win the NL. IN the AL, they might comepte in the Central or for the WC. I still see a team that doesn't have good pitching. I still do not begin to understand the Bannister for Burgos deal.Noboy seesm to talk about it. It was beyond retarded,and it will likely cost them any chance of a World Series trophy.

But two things-

To the corksucker who broke off and stole my passenger side rear view mirror-God, would I like to have caught you and adminstered the beating with metallic objects you so richly deserve. Or had you spend your Saturday morning going to dealerships, auto parts stores and ultimately a junk yad to get it replaced at no small expense, and I stll have to go back Monday to get it all done. And to the inconsiderate genius who blocked me into my spot-I would have done some nasty things to your car had there not been traffic cops right there. If I was driving a POS like the old days, I would've definitely not been so careful manuvering out of the spot you blocked.

Please don't tell me how bad parking in da Bronx is.

Thats pretty funny considering the Mets wouldnt even make the playoffs if they were in the AL east, or any other AL division for that matter. They just arent that good.

Doesnt mean they cant win a world series for the NL though. They should cruise to the WS, and anyone can beat anyone in a 7 game series so they got a chance.

Stupid post.....nothing personal but stupid post nonetheless.

And, how did the Yankees perform against the NL this year?

Oh, really?

Not to mention that they have a winning record aginst ONE, that's right ONE division in the AL and a losing record on the road . Since they are only WC contenders, they will have to win a few away games to escape yet another divisional round dismissal.

Yank fans should worry more about how they ARE doing in the AL rather than what the Mets would do .....also to touch on the naivety of the argument, any NL team that was told they were in the AL next year would construct their roster completely different.

I still do not begin to understand the Bannister for Burgos deal.Noboy seesm to talk about it. It was beyond retarded,and it will likely cost them any chance of a World Series trophy.

um...somehow I don't think the loss of Brian Bannister is the reason the Mets won't win a world series championship!

Burgos was a project that Omar tried to catch lightining in a bottle with. Bannister was the 6th or 7th man in a 5 man rotation here. Would have pitched in AAA until June.

Glad he is doing well in K.C., but he won't be the reason the Mets don't win a WS title this year!

um...somehow I don't think the loss of Brian Bannister is the reason the Mets won't win a world series championship!

Burgos was a project that Omar tried to catch lightining in a bottle with. Bannister was the 6th or 7th man in a 5 man rotation here. Would have pitched in AAA until June.

Glad he is doing well in K.C., but he won't be the reason the Mets don't win a WS title this year!

I dunno. Would you rather roll the dice with Pedro, El Duque, Perez, Maine, Glavine, or a guy that's pitching lights out for a bad team while facing an extra batter every game? Bannister is objectively better right now than most, and may be all, of the Mets' rotation once you get past reputation. It was an awful trade, period. Bannsiter pitchiing 7 solid in aplayoff game would be a whole bunch better than anyone else they now sport.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6474

Not to mention that they have a winning record aginst ONE, that's right ONE division in the AL and a losing record on the road . Since they are only WC contenders, they will have to win a few away games to escape yet another divisional round dismissal.

Yank fans should worry more about how they ARE doing in the AL rather than what the Mets would do .....also to touch on the naivety of the argument, any NL team that was told they were in the AL next year would construct their roster completely different.

They would not construct their pitching staff any diifferent.

The AL is so much deeper than the NL in pitching talent its not even funny.

And I am right. The Yankees are getting the WC to the playoffs w/a better record than the Mets who are getting home field advantage in the NL w/the best record. Think about that, and you'll realize what I am saying...

The NL is a joke of a league.

They would not construct their pitching staff any diifferent.

The AL is so much deeper than the NL in pitching talent its not even funny.

And I am right. The Yankees are getting the WC to the playoffs w/a better record than the Mets who are getting home field advantage in the NL w/the best record. Think about that, and you'll realize what I am saying...

The NL is a joke of a league.

You've been making this same stupid statement for two years ....one year found you dismissed in the divisional round in embarrassing form and saw you supposedly banished from the forum yet you still talk stupid by comparing leagues. This year finds you fighting for the WC with the highest payroll in BB yet you still talk stupid. Yanks have enough talent to win the WS but taking shots at the Mets and claiming their success is due to the league they play in is......STUPID

The Mets and Yanks don't play the same schedule so we don't need to have a better record we just need to be the best in the NL which we are.

You're off to college now so please stop being......STUPID.

Just kidding....you're ok Barton just a young hardhead who will be the biggest whiner on this forum should the Yanks not advance far in the play-offs.

I dunno. Would you rather roll the dice with Pedro, El Duque, Perez, Maine, Glavine, or a guy that's pitching lights out for a bad team while facing an extra batter every game? Bannister is objectively better right now than most, and may be all, of the Mets' rotation once you get past reputation. It was an awful trade, period. Bannsiter pitchiing 7 solid in aplayoff game would be a whole bunch better than anyone else they now sport.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6474

Roll the dice.:confused: LOL after Andy and Wang exactly what dice do you feel you have loaded up? Jetsfan80 is correct in that we had no spot for Bannister who was a escape artist last season in the games he pitched for us and Omar took a chance on a young hard throwing reliever. Kudos to Bannister for eating up the AL but we at the time had no room for him.

Roll the dice.:confused: LOL after Andy and Wang exactly what dice do you feel you have loaded up? Jetsfan80 is correct in that we had no spot for Bannister who was a escape artist last season in the games he pitched for us and Omar took a chance on a young hard throwing reliever. Kudos to Bannister for eating up the AL but we at the time had no room for him.
El Duque,Glavine and Pedro(he who didn't start until September!) with their combined 125 years (again, I know they each had 2007 contracts but Bannister isn't close to arbitration so he was cheap anyway)were better choices? No room? That's freaking crazy talk. You don't give up on a guy like this; you simply don't, unless there's some other agenda.

Bannister is having a decent game against a great Yank lineup tonight. You have to get past reputation and look at measureables to see that simply they shouldn't have made such a trade.

Bannister was garbage as a Met. The 5th spot in the rotation was won in spring training by Pelfrey. Bannister had no spot on this team to start the season. Taking a shot at a guy who throws 100 mph with no control is always risky, and didn't work out for the Mets. It was a bad trade, but Bannister didn't have a spot on this team in April. Looking at the year he has had and saying they HAD to find a spot for him is easy. His track record as a Met was not good and he didn't earn a spot in the rotation.

These are the same mets fans who were convinced the Yankees were not sniffing the playoffs this year, and that they would beat us in 5 games in the 2000 World Series. In other words, they are delusional.

The Mets in the AL East would be around the .500 mark. Their rotation in the AL would be a joke. Duque and Glavine would be routine batting practice.

El Duque,Glavine and Pedro(he who didn't start until September!) with their combined 125 years (again, I know they each had 2007 contracts but Bannister isn't close to arbitration so he was cheap anyway)were better choices? No room? That's freaking crazy talk. You don't give up on a guy like this; you simply don't, unless there's some other agenda.

Bannister is having a decent game against a great Yank lineup tonight. You have to get past reputation and look at measureables to see that simply they shouldn't have made such a trade.

Listen do I wish he was still here ??? Sure if I get to play 6 month later Monday morning QB but this is a BS subject unless you can show me some posts where you were oohing and ahhing over Brian Bannister last year.

Last winter do I make the same trade??/Yes as does 99% of the GM's in MLB.

Bannister was garbage as a Met. The 5th spot in the rotation was won in spring training by Pelfrey. Bannister had no spot on this team to start the season. Taking a shot at a guy who throws 100 mph with no control is always risky, and didn't work out for the Mets. It was a bad trade, but Bannister didn't have a spot on this team in April. Looking at the year he has had and saying they HAD to find a spot for him is easy. His track record as a Met was not good and he didn't earn a spot in the rotation.
You DO NOT give up on a young starter (with a good pedigree and some solid minor league success)when 3/5s of your rotation is closer to SSI than their 1st beer. He had a rough outing tonight, but still, to put up the numbers he has put up in the AL translates into some even better NL numbers.

These are the same mets fans who were convinced the Yankees were not sniffing the playoffs this year, and that they would beat us in 5 games in the 2000 World Series. In other words, they are delusional.

The Mets in the AL East would be around the .500 mark. Their rotation in the AL would be a joke. Duque and Glavine would be routine batting practice.

What's the Yankees record against the AL East? Batting pratice of late has equaled, Clemens, Moose and Hughes. Delusional? I remember another idiot who was high on using that phrase rather than intelligent discussion....hopefully you go the same route as he did.

What's the Yankees record against the AL East? Batting pratice of late has equaled, Clemens, Moose and Hughes. Delusional? I remember another idiot who was high on using that phrase rather than intelligent discussion....hopefully you go the same route as he did.

We are around .500 in our division, but most of those loses were in the firsthalf with a bit of a difference team, but no excuses and In case you havent noticced you play everybody in your league, not only in your division, the Yankees are comfortable 18 games over .500 playing in a far superior league. What I was tyring to say,which you the "intelligent" Mets fan didnt understand was if the Mets had to play the Bostons, Detroits, Indians, Angels and Mariners, blue jays throughout the course of the year you wouldnt have the record youguys are sporting in the NL.

Hopefully that's "intelligent" enough for you.

Archived