Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

His rec total is great, his yardage is poor based on his recs and his production in cloe games isn't very good. Sunday was typical Wes. In a close game he doesn't do anything, takeaway his #s when the Pats are running up the score in blowouts and his #s are average. Still not worth the 2 picks and big contract.

I disagree. He is the Patriots running game. Instead of handing the ball to a RB, TB makes a three yard toss to WW who then runs for a few more.

W/O WW TB takes a sack when Moss is covered and the defense gets threw the O-line.

He is a vital part of the spread offense.

His rec total is great, his yardage is poor based on his recs and his production in cloe games isn't very good. Sunday was typical Wes. In a close game he doesn't do anything, takeaway his #s when the Pats are running up the score in blowouts and his #s are average. Still not worth the 2 picks and big contract.

Interesting theory...if it was actually correct.

1st. quarter - 24 - 279 yds. 2 TD

2nd. quarter - 26 - 267 yds. 2 TD

3rd. quarter - 17 - 202 yds. 1 TD

4th. quarter - 29 - 256 yds. 3 TD

So statistically speaking the first two quarters are his best.

Just saw an ESPN profile on Welker and how he might be the best trade the Pats made this off-season.

Had interviews with BB saying they traded for him because the pats had a hard time containing him even with double teams. They showed a few catches he made against the Pats where he was getting rocked while making the catch before even hitting the ground and he held on. The dude is awesome.

The thing I find most odd was not the trade. Dolphins really didn't have a choice, if they didn't trade him he would have left as a RFA, and they would have gotten a 2 round pick for him and a lot more paperwork.

But the really ironic things about Welker is he couldn't get a starting job at Mia. In NE has started 12 of 14 games and has almost as many yards and rec this year in 12 games as he had in 2 seasons with Mia. He only started 3 games as a Dolphin.

Does anybody really think that Mia in 2005 and 2006 had so much more depth at WR than NE does in 2007 to say that WW didn't have the skill set to be a started on the powerhouse that is the Dolphins, but when compared with the weak skill set of the other NE WR he rises to a starting role?

Clearly Mia did not know how to use him.

The thing I find most odd was not the trade. Dolphins really didn't have a choice, if they didn't trade him he would have left as a RFA, and they would have gotten a 2 round pick for him and a lot more paperwork.

But the really ironic things about Welker is he couldn't get a starting job at Mia. In NE has started 12 of 14 games and has almost as many yards and rec this year in 12 games as he had in 2 seasons with Mia. He only started 3 games as a Dolphin.

Does anybody really think that Mia in 2005 and 2006 had so much more depth at WR than NE does in 2007 to say that WW didn't have the skill set to be a started on the powerhouse that is the Dolphins, but when compared with the weak skill set of the other NE WR he rises to a starting role?

Apparently with their 1-13 record they didn't get any smarter this year. :Nuts:

Its called not having a QB ;)

I doubt welker would be a great outside WR where primarily the #1 and #2 guys are, he's a slot WR who thrives off of the underneath stuff. They just didn't run enough plays out of a 3 WR set IMO.

I doubt welker would be a great outside WR where primarily the #1 and #2 guys are, he's a slot WR who thrives off of the underneath stuff. They just didn't run enough plays out of a 3 WR set IMO.

He had 67 catches last year which lead the team (I think).

Hes the epitome of a slot receiver. When you are 5' 10" and weigh 185 pounds being a #1 or #2 isn't in the equation.

That is one of the many reasons why Miami is horrid. They trade Welker, sign Joey Porter (who is washed up), and lest we forget draft Ginn Jr.

To be fair I think they ahve gotten a bad rep for the Tedd Ginn pick. He's actually been pretty good this year considering just how bad the QB play has been. The other alternative was going to be Brady Quinn who could still be a superstar but as of now has literally done nothing to merit being called the better pick.

The Joey Porter and Trent Green moves were horrible though.

To be fair I think they ahve gotten a bad rep for the Tedd Ginn pick. He's actually been pretty good this year considering just how bad the QB play has been. The other alternative was going to be Brady Quinn who could still be a superstar but as of now has literally done nothing to merit being called the better pick.

The Joey Porter and Trent Green moves were horrible though.

Ginn has been ok but I still don't understand why the Dolphins didn't draft Quinn. If anything Trent Green was a 1 or 2 year solution at best.

Ginn has been ok but I still don't understand why the Dolphins didn't draft Quinn. If anything Trent Green was a 1 or 2 year solution at best.

During the draft last April the big money was on the Dolfags grabbing Quinn. They may regret not doing it for years to come.

Agreed but until Quinn has done something to prove that he can play at a high level in this league, it's tough to criticise the move. Quinn could wind up being a total bust for all we know. :confused0082:

Agreed but until Quinn has done something to prove that he can play at a high level in this league, it's tough to criticise the move. Quinn could wind up being a total bust for all we know. :confused0082:

Until Quinn gets to play we wont know. Ginn is basically a kick returner and a crappy WR (23 receptions).

Until Quinn gets to play we wont know. Ginn is basically a kick returner and a crappy WR (23 receptions).

From what I've seen of Ginn I have to admit I've been impressed. You have to take into consideration just how God awful the QB situation has been and he only really got his chance when Chambers got traded. His route running is a lot better than I thought it would be and he doesn't drop too many passes. 23 catches in that offences isn't exactly crappy.

You never, EVER, under any circumstances, select a KICK AND PUNT RETURNER OVER A QUARTERBACK WITH THE 9TH OVERALL SELECTION!!!!

That move was just pure stupidity by the Dolphins.