Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Welker, Schmelker.....here's some real news:

Ellis Hobbs let it slip that Brown was ready to go in at defensive back.

And you all thought BB had no heart at all. This is the absolute right thing to do! Let the man go out (retire) the way he should - by playing. If it weren't for Troy - they never would have won the three SB's they have. When the team is introduced - I say Troy should be in the front of the pack too.

And you all thought BB had no heart at all. This is the absolute right thing to do! Let the man go out (retire) the way he should - by playing. If it weren't for Troy - they never would have won the three SB's they have. When the team is introduced - I say Troy should be in the front of the pack too.

I like Troy Brown and would love to see him retire from playing. But if he is not one of the 44 players most likely to help the team get a victory. BB can't get mushy and use him for historical purposes.

I like Troy Brown and would love to see him retire from playing. But if he is not one of the 44 players most likely to help the team get a victory. BB can't get mushy and use him for historical purposes.

Why not? It's history he's pursuing.

Mitchell was put on ir.

Pats have a history of DB's going down in the big game.

Who would you rather activate? Chad Jackson or Troy Brown?

Mitchell was put on ir.

Jinx. :confused:

Neither.

I remember Troy getting beaten like a drum a few years ago in a forgettable monday night game in Miami. No, Troy was not to blame for the loss, but the penultimate play in the game a taller receiver beat him despite his best efforts.

Mitchell was put on ir.

shouldn't you be worrying about the Gints or the flubug ?

Jackson and Troy will not see the field this weekend

You just want Troy Brown baaaaad. :lickt:

Man, and I thought my obsession of Mike Nugent was bad. :shock:

You just want Troy Brown baaaaad. :lickt:

Man, and I thought my obsession of Mike Nugent was bad. :shock:

Ugh! I'm a fan of his. He epitomises hard work and tenacity. An 8th round pick (when there was such a thing). His efforts propelled the Pats to their first two SB's and he helped BIG TIME for the third. I am in no way obsessed like, lets say, a friend of mine who is obsessed with a certain former Jets Offensive Lineman. ;)

I have a feeling Troy will be active Sunday. There have been nigtly shows re: the Pats on every local station in Boston this week. Caught an interview with Troy - he was so loose, funny, completely enjoying himself and had this "just ate a canary" smile on his face. Something weird is going on....I mean, every interview I see the Pats seem too loose. Even BB is smiling? C'mon. This is scaring me.

And, get this, last night I had a dream that the Pats were playing the Steelers in the SB (yes, I know, impossible - I think it's because the Steelers are my most hated team) - anyway, the game went into OT and the Pats lost on a first drive FG. Made me sick. Now, I know that dreams aren't necessarily a glimps into the future - but two weeks ago I had a dream that I had a flat tire. Last Thursday - guess what? I got a flat tire! This is scaring me.

And, get this, last night I had a dream that the Pats were playing the Steelers in the SB (yes, I know, impossible - I think it's because the Steelers are my most hated team) - anyway, the game went into OT and the Pats lost on a first drive FG. Made me sick. Now, I know that dreams aren't necessarily a glimps into the future - but two weeks ago I had a dream that I had a flat tire. Last Thursday - guess what? I got a flat tire! This is scaring me.

Crap like that happens to me ALL the time T! I have a dream maybe two or three or more months later down the road, the dream f'ing happens. I don't remember 99% of my dreams, but the ones I do remember always seem to come true. Very wierd.

Gotta give credit where it's due....Welker was probably the best thing the Pats had going for them in the SB. The announcers couldn't say enough about the way he played and they were right. The catch he made on the badly thrown ball behind him was a nice adjustment and showed excellent hands (what else is new).

Glad to see Wes played excellent and the Patsies still lost.

And, get this, last night I had a dream that the Pats were playing the Steelers in the SB (yes, I know, impossible - I think it's because the Steelers are my most hated team) - anyway, the game went into OT and the Pats lost on a first drive FG. Made me sick..

You were right Garb. The difference in the game, The Giants first drive FG !! Right on Garb. :P

Ugh! I'm a fan of his. He epitomises hard work and tenacity. An 8th round pick (when there was such a thing). His efforts propelled the Pats to their first two SB's and he helped BIG TIME for the third. I am in no way obsessed like, lets say, a friend of mine who is obsessed with a certain former Jets Offensive Lineman. ;)

I have a feeling Troy will be active Sunday. There have been nigtly shows re: the Pats on every local station in Boston this week. Caught an interview with Troy - he was so loose, funny, completely enjoying himself and had this "just ate a canary" smile on his face. Something weird is going on....I mean, every interview I see the Pats seem too loose. Even BB is smiling? C'mon. This is scaring me.

Jinx.

• 3 months later...
Troll.

Yet another original comment.

I wish Wes Welker had the most in receptions in the regular season and then only had 30 something more in the playoffs. That guy sucks.

Can you admit you were wrong about him?

Yet another original comment.

I wish Wes Welker had the most in receptions in the regular season and then only had 30 something more in the playoffs. That guy sucks.

Can you admit you were wrong about him?

When he matches his numbers last year without playing next to a guy having the best season ever for a WR I might. Too bad neither of those things will ever happen.

When he matches his numbers last year without playing next to a guy having the best season ever for a WR I might. Too bad neither of those things will ever happen.

Nice spin. Welker had 67 receptions on a crappy Miami team. Give him a future HOF QB and he had over 100 receptions.

You look like the fool you are.

Nice spin. Welker had 67 receptions on a crappy Miami team. Give him a future HOF QB and he had over 100 receptions.

You look like the fool you are.

67 catches and 10per woo hoo. What a hall of famer. welker without moss is average. BTW the fact that a troll like you thinks I'm a fool makes me very happy. If you liked me I would be upset.

• Thumb Down 1

Only a moron would say that Moss's hall of fame season didn't have a MAJOR effect on welker's season. Your refusal to admit that borders on hilarious.

Typical madmike. Admit you are wrong. Just admit it. Wes Welker is a damn good football player.

I like Wes Welker, he's one of those players who plays every down no matter what. However, I agree with Mike on something. He said that Welker is only open as much as he is, because Moss has 3 defenders on him. My personal opinion, if Moss didn't occupy that many defenders, the best Welker would be is an excellent slot receiver, but because Moss is there, it'll look like Welker is the best 2nd receiver in the game. Like I said I think he's a great player, but he's nothing more then a slot.

When he proves he's a good player without Moss eating 3 defenders on every play.

Did you forget he had 67 receptions on a terrible Miami team in 2006? I only brought that up a few posts ago moron*.

*You like to use the word moron so I thought I would use it as well.

p1_welker.jpg

Did you forget he had 67 receptions on a terrible Miami team in 2006? I only brought that up a few posts ago moron*.

*You like to use the word moron so I thought I would use it as well.

p1_welker.jpg

67 rec's at 10 per is a decent year. Nothing great. BTW keep attacking me. I love that trolls hate me.

I like Wes Welker, he's one of those players who plays every down no matter what. However, I agree with Mike on something. He said that Welker is only open as much as he is, because Moss has 3 defenders on him. My personal opinion, if Moss didn't occupy that many defenders, the best Welker would be is an excellent slot receiver, but because Moss is there, it'll look like Welker is the best 2nd receiver in the game. Like I said I think he's a great player, but he's nothing more then a slot.

If Moss was so occupied how did he have 98 catches and 23 TD receptions?

I'm in the hoops forum. The C's lost. Nothing I can do about that.

But seriously, Wes Welker?

Very decent , clutch WR no doubt and a good pickup by the Pats last year who fits their system well. Was he helped by Moss? Yes, hard to deny that.

Very decent , clutch WR no doubt and a good pickup by the Pats last year who fits their system well. Was he helped by Moss? Yes, hard to deny that.

I can't deny that. But......Moss has 90+ receptions while Welker had 100+. Not to much of a difference in my book.