Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Sour grapes? About what? Getting their clocks cleaned by the Steelers? :rl: Oh wait, never mind I think that IS the reason . :bag:

***sigh**** since when do I ever get "sour grapes?" I'm not a Jets fan, you know ;)

I will admit that I am a certified, grade A - Pittsburgh Steelers hater and have been for a long time. That said, this has nothing to do with the beat down of my Pats. They've been beat down before - by Miami and San Diego - and all deservedly so . What it has to do with is the Jack Tatum type hit on Wes Welker and the intention behind the hit. As a Pats fan that kind of hit reminds me of Darryl Stingley, and that story is all kinds of sad. Seeing Tomlin laughing about it makes me mad. That's just dispicable and nothing anyone posts can change my mind.

Edited by Garb

***sigh**** since when do I ever get "sour grapes?" I'm not a Jets fan, you know ;)

I will admit that I am a certified, grade A - Pittsburgh Steelers hater and have been for a long time. That said, this has nothing to do with the beat down of my Pats. They've been beat down before - by Miami and San Diego - and all deservedly so . What it has to do with is the Jack Tatum type hit on Wes Welker and the intention behind the hit. As a Pats fan that kind of hit reminds me of Darryl Stingley, and that story is all kinds of sad. Seeing Tomlin laughing about it makes me mad. That's just dispicable and nothing anyone posts can change my mind.

Tatum led with head, if i remember right.

all NFL safeties are looking for the kill hit, the speed is much faster now.

Sherbet took a ton of these hits, a 5-7 guy like Welker has no business

playing in middle of field. He will end up like wayne too.

Tatum led with head, if i remember right.

all NFL safeties are looking for the kill hit, the speed is much faster now.

Sherbet took a ton of these hits, a 5-7 guy like Welker has no business

playing in middle of field. He will end up like wayne too.

Short little tough guys make their bread and butter in the middle - they would fail miserably elsewhere. I just don't want to see him end up like Chrebet.

Anyway, funny story, sort of. Troy Brown has a gig at ComcastSportsNE three times a week. The patriots football analysis guru.....so one night they were asking Troy what team he hated most....Troy said he didn't hate anyone.....after some prodding he relented and said that he hated Pittsburgh the most. Called 'em dirty mouthed and angry. Retold a story of Porters mouth - no news there and another story about a player who's name I have forgotten. Anyway, the player thought Troy hit him during a kick return. Troy wasn't even on the field. So, this player is jawing with Troy the remainder of the game. Saying stuff like "You're dead. Call your wife and say goodbye. Hope you kissed your kids goodbye 'cause their 'gonna be orphans. I'm laying you out. I''m killing you. Your dead. Call your wife. Tell her to start the funeral arrangments...blah, blah, blah." Troy went on to say that is why the Championship game against them in 2001 will go down as one of his favorites because he played a big part in shutting them up - which makes sense if you look at the replay of his TD celebration in the end-zone which was the "ssshhhh" gesture. Now I know why.

watch the replay again and use a stopwatch it is about a 1/2 second or less, you think Clark could stop that quick, specially with his head down. you played sports, it is not possible to stop that quick.

That is the key. I am not arguing the hit. His head being down shows his intent. He was trying to blow-up Welker. Not break up a pass. That would have been a secondary benefit.

That is the key. I am not arguing the hit. His head being down shows his intent. He was trying to blow-up Welker. Not break up a pass. That would have been a secondary benefit.

exactly...that is every strong safety's goal is to blow up WR

Intimidation makes WR's get alligator arms.

if ball wasn't tipped, welker still gets blown up but no penalty.

exactly...that is every strong safety's goal is to blow up WR

Intimidation makes WR's get alligator arms.

HE KNOWS this. God his Cheaters had one of the most dirty NFL safeties ever in Rodney Harrison. That's what makes this so funny , him bitching about it for days,

Wes Welker is dead after that hit....

He is alive and well. 12 catches for 134 yards on Sunday.

That would give him 96 catches, most in the NFL, for 1002 yards this season.

He sucks without Tom Brady :rolleyes:

No dig at you CobraVerde. Just the posters who claimed he only lead the NFL last season in receptions because Brady was the QB.

Just recruit more people from thephins to come and start the Chad threads.;)

And we thought they were done once we released him. You don't know how bad the Chad vs Kellen Clemens, who should start vs who sucks threads were for the past two years. :face:

And we thought they were done once we released him. You don't know how bad the Chad vs Kellen Clemens, who should start vs who sucks threads were for the past two years. :face:

I can only imagine. We've had our fair share of quarterback discussions at our place. At least you guys had a quarterback here for 8 years. The longest tenured quarterbak for the Dolphins this decade was Jay Fiedler from 2000-2004 and he lost his job to the glorious AJ Feeley in '04.

I can only imagine. We've had our fair share of quarterback discussions at our place. At least you guys had a quarterback here for 8 years. The longest tenured quarterbak for the Dolphins this decade was Jay Fiedler from 2000-2004 and he lost his job to the glorious AJ Feeley in '04.

Yes but since Chad hurt himself for the 73rd time Week 3 2005 season there have been threads about ax'ing him for in favor of BROOKS BOLLINGER (:rl:) and countless other QB's. So really, we only had relaxation from 2002-2004.

Yes but since Chad hurt himself for the 73rd time Week 3 2005 season there have been threads about ax'ing him for in favor of BROOKS BOLLINGER (:rl:) and countless other QB's. So really, we only had relaxation from 2002-2004.

I vivdly remember that game vs. Jacksonville when he got hurt. I had such high hopes in 2005 when we started 2-1. We did finish 9-7, but we started 3-7 so excitement was really tempered.

But yeah, even when you guys had friggin' Bollinger we had to hold you out of the end zone on the final play to preserve the win.

I vivdly remember that game vs. Jacksonville when he got hurt. I had such high hopes in 2005 when we started 2-1. We did finish 9-7, but we started 3-7 so excitement was really tempered.

But yeah, even when you guys had friggin' Bollinger we had to hold you out of the end zone on the final play to preserve the win.

Do not underestimate the greatness of Brooks Bollywood Bollinger. The man can sling it with the best of them. Trust me, just give him some better talent and less injuries and he could be an effective starting Quarterback in this league. :rl:

Anyone remember who said those words?

That shows how dumb or foolish you are. If you honestly believe that, you are truly an idiot. If not you are a foll for letting your blind jealousy cloud your judgement.

The Cheaters are on TV and you're over at a Jets board Trolling. And you're calling Mike an idiot? :rl: