Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

You seem to be claiming that Wes Welker's success is based on him having Brady (or other HOF QB such as Manning) throwing the ball to him which Chrebet did not have.

I am pointing out that Wes's success this season is not based on Brady's highly accurate arm.

It's not just Brady..or Cassel...or whoever. The guy has Randy Moss on his team. that would make any 2nd or 3rd receiver much better.

Manning has Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

Hell, you and I could probably catch a few balls with those other guys on the field.

Anyway, my point is Welker benefits from the people around him.

I don't know his stats when he was with Miami but I can't imagine they are anything close to his Patriot stats.

But I will say, he makes the catches

Cmon... why even bother with something this stupid...??

Wayne Chrebet had 41 TD's... (3.7 per season) (11 seasons) - Winner

Wes Welker has 11 TD's (1.8 per season) (6 seasons)

Wayne Chrebet averaged 52 receptions per year (11 seasons) - Winner

Wes Welker averages 51 receptions per year (6 seasons)

Try 5 seasons and one of them he wasn't a wide receiver.

Also he has score 1 FG.

It's not just Brady..or Cassel...or whoever. The guy has Randy Moss on his team. that would make any 2nd or 3rd receiver much better.

Manning has Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

Hell, you and I could probably catch a few balls with those other guys on the field.

Anyway, my point is Welker benefits from the people around him.

I don't know his stats when he was with Miami but I can't imagine they are anything close to his Patriot stats.

But I will say, he makes the catches

I won't disagree that having Moss helps. Wes was underused in Mia (ask any Dolphin fan) his YAC and % of balls caught stats were similar. But they threw the ball to him a lot less despite being open. MIA also has had better RBs and Wes is in many ways more of a RB than a WR. He gets the ball behind or very near the LOS and then gets yards by running with the ball. (unlike say Moss who runs down field the without the ball)

Cmon... why even bother with something this stupid...??

Wayne Chrebet had 41 TD's... (3.7 per season) (11 seasons) - Winner

Wes Welker has 11 TD's (1.8 per season) (6 seasons)

Wayne Chrebet averaged 52 receptions per year (11 seasons) - Winner

Wes Welker averages 51 receptions per year (6 seasons)

Wayne Chrebet averaged 12.7 YPC - Winner

Wes Welker averages 10.9 YPC

Wayne Chrebet lost 6 fumbles in 11 seasons - Winner

Wes Welker has lost 4 in 6 seasons

Wayne Chrebet averaged 670 yards per season - Winner

Wes Welker averages 561 yards per season

Wayne played in an average of 14 games per season... Wes plays in an average of 13 games per season...

*obviously Wes Welker still has 2 games left this year... wont make a big difference...

6 seasons for Welker? Are you ****ting me? Did you even notice '04 and '05?

http://www.nfl.com/players/weswelker/profile?id=WEL219433

6 seasons for Welker? Are you ****ting me? Did you even notice '04 and '05?

http://www.nfl.com/players/weswelker/profile?id=WEL219433

So becuase he sucked for 2 years those don't count?

Fine I will subtract 2 years from Chrebet when things werent going well or when his brain was in 15 pieces from all the shots he took...

Get real... he is a 6 year VET... sucking for 2 years does not exclude you...

So becuase he sucked for 2 years those don't count?

Fine I will subtract 2 years from Chrebet when things werent going well or when his brain was in 15 pieces from all the shots he took...

Get real... he is a 6 year VET... sucking for 2 years does not exclude you...

You can't count it as TWO seasons because he played for two different teams in the same season!

You must be counting 2004 twice. Go back and recount. He has two stats lines for 2004 one for SD one for MIA -- but it is the same season.

Thats it, 5 seasons not 6...

Either way Chrebet still own him in most categories... and that was without Randy Moss next to him,... ever...

Assuming he remains healthy, he will continue to put up 90+ catch seasons with Brady at QB (or without, as we've seen this year). Those "per season" stats will only continue to rise.

Thats a big assumption... also Moss is getting older... Brady is coming off major knee surgery...

I would say he has peaked... we shall see...

Thats a big assumption... also Moss is getting older... Brady is coming off major knee surgery...

I would say he has peaked... we shall see...

Why?

Wes led the Phins with 69 catches while Harrington and Culpper were throwing passes. The Phins had a decent set of receivers.

Wes led the Patriots with 112 catches with Brady throwing the ball and Moss also on the field.

Wes leads the Patriots with 102 catches (and counting) with Cassell throwing and Moss also on the field. Short of injury or having Jamarcus Russell throw to him, he will continue to produce because he is that good.

All he has done the last three years, is catch passes from mediocre to great QBs. There has been talent at the receiver position which obviously helps him, but he still catches passes and more then anyone else on that team.

Why? The smallest guy on the field knows how to get open and like last year, he makes people miss and he is 2nd in YAC.

Why?

Wes led the Phins with 69 catches while Harrington and Culpper were throwing passes. The Phins had a decent set of receivers.

Wes led the Patriots with 112 catches with Brady throwing the ball and Moss also on the field.

Wes leads the Patriots with 102 catches (and counting) with Cassell throwing and Moss also on the field. Short of injury or having Jamarcus Russell throw to him, he will continue to produce because he is that good.

All he has done the last three years, is catch passes from mediocre to great QBs. There has been talent at the receiver position which obviously helps him, but he still catches passes and more then anyone else on that team.

Why? The smallest guy on the field knows how to get open and like last year, he makes people miss and he is 2nd in YAC.

But...But....But.....

the only reason his YAC numbers are so good is because as soon as he catches a pass, the defensive players are coached to instantly focus their attention to Randy Moss in case Welker laterals it across the field to him....he has no talent, it's all Randy Moss.

But...But....But.....

the only reason his YAC numbers are so good is because as soon as he catches a pass, the defensive players are coached to instantly focus their attention to Randy Moss in case Welker laterals it across the field to him....he has no talent, it's all Randy Moss.

Sarcasm. Funny. Funnier if you put a camera slam in there.

Sarcasm. Funny. Funnier if you put a camera slam in there.

you realize I was poking fun at the folks who refuse to give credit where it's due right? Welker is a hell of a player that I would take on my roster any day of the week. Runs good routes. Isn't afraid to go over the middle. Has great hands. None of those things has anything to do with who plays opposite him.

you realize I was poking fun at the folks who refuse to give credit where it's due right? Welker is a hell of a player that I would take on my roster any day of the week. Runs good routes. Isn't afraid to go over the middle. Has great hands. None of those things has anything to do with who plays opposite him.

Hence.....sarcasm. :rolleyes:;)

If you really dont have anything to add, why add?

You want me to add? Okay, how about this: You're nuts. I actually thought you were joking which is why I didn't add anything.

No player in the NFL this season has more yards after the catch than Wes Welker, whose total of 324 edges Saints running back Reggie Bush's 317. Of Welker's total, 68 came in that meeting against the Jets, as he knifed, sliced, and diced a secondary that initially had overmatched third-year cornerback Drew Coleman covering him.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/11/12/last_time_patriots_used_after_burners/ Edited by #27TheDominator

Guy averages under 10 ypc. That article is over a month old.

Yep, a month old and he already had 350 yac. Didn't he lead the league in yac last season? The discussion is yac, not ypc. Stats I see have him at 10.5, 6.8 after the catch. YAC isn't an official stat, so there is room for smudging, but it's silly to say he isn't good after the catch.

cool...just making sure you realize I'm not somebody who doesn't realize just how good Wes Welker is.

No, you are one of the fair and balanced posters.

Yep, a month old and he already had 350 yac. Didn't he lead the league in yac last season? The discussion is yac, not ypc. Stats I see have him at 10.5, 6.8 after the catch. YAC isn't an official stat, so there is room for smudging, but it's silly to say he isn't good after the catch.

He did.

I still don't understand all the fuss over a slot WR that's leading the league in catches. Don't the Pats throw the ball alot out of that spread offense anyway?

I'd venture to guess that any of alot of teams top 3 WR's could muster up that amount of catches in that position?

Go back to your hole Steeler fan. ;)