Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

It proves nothing. That Dolphins team had Marty Booker, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael.

Your hatred for Welker is off the charts.

Why do you think I hate him? He's a good player. If you're a fan of Football, you gotta like Welker. Tough little gritty white bastard. He's a wanna be Cherbet but not nearly as cool, humble and awesome!

But once again, you are proving my point. lol Randy Moss makes everyone around him better. DC's stay up all night with nightmares about Randy Moss. He's the best game changer ever. Randy Moss made Wes Welker. Wes Welker probably gives bj's to Moss with a finger plug in the pooper cuz he's so happy he plays on Randy's team creating the myth that he is an elite WR.

• Upvote 1

What does that mean? Welker owned the Jets.

well he did have David harris trying to cover him followed by eric

smith

Moss looks to be unmotivated, i would think teams will start shifting coverage

to welker a bit

Easiest way is to have a LB hit him on LOS and then use safety to double

cover him

Let Aiken beat u, saints beat up Wes..the blueprint so to speak..

what does fox do, have no one hitting him and lets him run free.

well he did have David harris trying to cover him followed by eric

smith

Moss looks to be unmotivated, i would think teams will start shifting coverage

to welker a bit

Easiest way is to have a LB hit him on LOS and then use safety to double

cover him

Let Aiken beat u, saints beat up Wes..the blueprint so to speak..

what does fox do, have no one hitting him and lets him run free.

Welker moves the chains.

Why do you think I hate him? He's a good player. If you're a fan of Football, you gotta like Welker. Tough little gritty white bastard. He's a wanna be Cherbet but not nearly as cool, humble and awesome!

But once again, you are proving my point. lol Randy Moss makes everyone around him better. DC's stay up all night with nightmares about Randy Moss. He's the best game changer ever. Randy Moss made Wes Welker. Wes Welker probably gives bj's to Moss with a finger plug in the pooper cuz he's so happy he plays on Randy's team creating the myth that he is an elite WR.

Welker is way better than Chrebet and its not even close.

Are you high? The Saints are the only team that shut down Welker. Why don't other teams do that?

Revis shut down down Moss but Welker killed the Jets. Whats up with that?

that is what i said, the saints shut him down...u high?????

Greg williams had a great gameplan, need a fast LB to hit on LOS

and a decent safety with speed.

If you remember Leonard was playing with 1 hand

Kerry rhodes blows and eric smith is too slow to cover him

Jesus told me that Tim Tebow is the man :P

Funny. I heard the Patriots were going to draft Tebow. BB has a hard-on for him. Apparently he thinks that Tebow would be more productive than Welker. BB feels that Welker isnt elite and only benefits from Randy's presence. He thinks Moss will benefit from Tebows presence.

Get ready.

Edited by JiF

Welker is a better than Chrebet. Gee, what a revelation.

You're the only one saying he's better than Randy Moss. When every defensive coordinator in football thinks otherwise.

And about Housh- he thrived in a pass happy offense with a super star playing on the other side of him...and has a season under his belt better than Welker has ever had. Now he's the guy in Seattle and his numbers look similar to Welker's in Miami. Chad was always the better wide out than TJ...just like Moss has always been the better wide out than Welker.

Moss hits home runs.

Welker hits singles.

Welker doesnt score touchdowns.

Its really not a difficult concept.

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to think of the great WR who plays essentially by himself and still puts up numbers and I can't think of any. You just have to give Welker his due--the guy goes out and dominates most of the guys they put in front of him. 100 grabs for 1000+ yards doesnt just happen to average players unless you're running some run and shoot garbage.

Welker is a better than Chrebet. Gee, what a revelation.

You're the only one saying he's better than Randy Moss. When every defensive coordinator in football thinks otherwise.

And about Housh- he thrived in a pass happy offense with a super star playing on the other side of him...and has a season under his belt better than Welker has ever had. Now he's the guy in Seattle and his numbers look similar to Welker's in Miami. Chad was always the better wide out than TJ...just like Moss has always been the better wide out than Welker.

Moss hits home runs.

Welker hits singles.

Welker doesnt score touchdowns.

Its really not a difficult concept.

But he hits singles like Pete Rose hit singles. Prolific.

I've been trying to think of the great WR who plays essentially by himself and still puts up numbers and I can't think of any. You just have to give Welker his due--the guy goes out and dominates most of the guys they put in front of him. 100 grabs for 1000+ yards doesnt just happen to average players unless you're running some run and shoot garbage.

Houshmanzadeh's already been named.

Yeah, but he'll never be as productive as a guy that can hit it out of the park and hit the singles.

No **** sherlock. You expect Welker's small frame to be as good as Randy Moss' body? Have you seen Moss' superb push off ablility?

They're both great players at their positions.

Yep. His 2007 is a better year than Welker has ever had. The guy was a redzone threat along with being a first down machine. Everyone that watched them knew Chad was still the better WR.

Ahhhhhhhh, I see. Yeah, then. I don't even consider Welker a true WR. I look at him as almost a wingback from the old T-formation. He is literally his own position--part running back, part wideout, part TE.

Ahhhhhhhh, I see. Yeah, then. I don't even consider Welker a true WR. I look at him as almost a wingback from the old T-formation. He is literally his own position--part running back, part wideout, part TE.

That's a good point and I get what youre saying. He's a complete pest in the middle of the field and gets a ton of big catches.

But the question "why dont teams do what the Saints did" was just beyond absurd. If that was the case, every team would just copy what the Jets did against the Saints.

That's a good point and I get what youre saying. He's a complete pest in the middle of the field and gets a ton of big catches.

But the question "why dont teams do what the Saints did" was just beyond absurd. If that was the case, every team would just copy what the Jets did against the Saints.

Word. You want to stop any passing attack, rush the passer and jam anything that lines up inside the hashes. Saints can do that pretty well because of those ends, Vilma and Sharper.

insane? Revis covers the #1 receiver, Welker is the #1 receiver up there Matt-double up Moss with Lito and Rhodes...the guy singlehandedly beat us with like 15 catches

No, he isnt. He plays the slot.

Even a Moss, who's playing half assed draws the double teams.

I'd rather have Revis lock down Moss and have Welker get his 10 catches and no scores than Revis locking down Welker and Moss going for 140 and 2. Putting our #2 guy on Randy would be all the motiviation he needs.

insane? Revis covers the #1 receiver, Welker is the #1 receiver up there Matt-double up Moss with Lito and Rhodes...the guy singlehandedly beat us with like 15 catches

The guy beat us because the gameplan was to make the little bastard beat us, which he did.

Nobody gameplans for the Pats by focusing on Welker. If they did, Moss would have about 10-15 catches for 300 yards and 4 TDs a game.