Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Why is this scrub mentioned in the same breath as Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth? Am I the only person who thinks he's an overpaid never was?

You were right all along.

I dont know if you knew the but you had negative rep because of this post, I just got you back to even. I think everyone should rep you up for being so wise.

• Upvote 1

He wouldn't even make the jets roster now. Holmes, Edwards, Smith, Cotch all more valuable players.

That's funny right there.

Brad Smith and Cotchery are better than the NFL's leading receiver over the last 3 years. :blink:

Where do you guys come up with crap like this?

Brad Smith, too funny.

He could tear both ACL's, both MCL's, and tear ligaments in both ankles and he'd still be better than Smith and Cotchery.

He was never better than Cotchery. He had a better QB in Brady than Pennington/Clemens/Favre and a rookie Sanchez and he had a better #1 receiver to draw double coverage than Coles/Stuckey and Edwards for 12 games. Put Cotchery in that situation, he's a Hall of Famer. Lets see how good Welker is coming off the torn ACL with no Moss and an aging Brady.

and Brad Smith is a role player. I'd like to see Welker run the WIld-Cat as well as him. No one does it better than Brad.

Edited by Greenranger
  • Upvote 1

That's funny right there.

Brad Smith and Cotchery are better than the NFL's leading receiver over the last 3 years. :blink:

Where do you guys come up with crap like this?

Brad Smith, too funny.

I'd honestly take both of them over Welker. Brad because of his versatility and J-Co because he's a better receiver.

You were right all along.

I dont know if you knew the but you had negative rep because of this post, I just got you back to even. I think everyone should rep you up for being so wise.

Dare I say it? I am a Soothsayer.

I say sooths.

Cotchery has been in the NFL for 7 years and has averaged 48 receptions, 605 yards and 2 TD's a year.

The guy doesn't even deserve JAG status.

with Kellen Clemens, 39 year old Brett Favre and Chad "noodle arm" Pennington.

and now a young sanchez

put Cotch on the Saints and he's getting 1,500 a year with 15 TD's

anyone notice the trolls are especially prickly this week ?

well I guess that's understandable

at some point, on some level, they are grappling with the realization the jets are on top of the NFL, beat them head to head by 2 TD's, and have a 23 year old QB who is 2-1 vs shady brady, and nobody outside of pats* planet takes any of their records seriously

they will be on the defensive for the rest of their lives because they got caught cheating

and the best part is shady is only getting older, the offense can't even be called dink and dunk, it's really dunk and dunk. I mean 150 yards on 32 attempts ? really ?

did I mention the jets 5 game winning streak ?

yeah, that would make the trolls grumpy

lol

anyone notice the trolls are especially prickly this week ?

well I guess that's understandable

at some point, on some level, they are grappling with the realization the jets are on top of the NFL, beat them head to head by 2 TD's, and have a 23 year old QB who is 2-1 vs shady brady, and nobody outside of pats* planet takes any of their records seriously

they will be on the defensive for the rest of their lives because they got caught cheating

and the best part is shady is only getting older, the offense can't even be called dink and dunk, it's really dunk and dunk. I mean 150 yards on 32 attempts ? really ?

did I mention the jets 5 game winning streak ?

yeah, that would make the trolls grumpy

lol

Did you mention this yet?

Cotchery has been in the NFL for 7 years and has averaged 48 receptions, 605 yards and 2 TD's a year.

The guy doesn't even deserve JAG status.

first of all you are counting this year in tta equation and 2 years where he hardly played. the 4years he has played full seasons he has averaged about 940 yards and 4 td's. he's a very good #3 receiver.