Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Cotchery is the Jets no 3 WR and he's having BY FAR the worst season of his career and Keller has been invisible since week 5 so your post is a big who gives a sh*t. This thread isn't about Keller, Gonzalez or Cotchery. It's about the overrated JAG wearing number 83.

:lol:

Carolina Steve Smith sucks too by that logic, right?

Smith plays for the worst team in the NFL with the immortal Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore as his QB's. From what I've read here and heard all year the Jets have a lot of talent on offense. How do you explain that?

If Wes Welker has 20 catches, 15 of them are of the back-breaking, comes-out-of-nowhere on third and eight to extend a drive variety. The dude is just a unique talent.

Some of your fellow Jets fans said he is JAG so that means it's true. Wes Welker = JAG.

Some of your fellow Jets fans said he is JAG so that means it's true. Wes Welker = JAG.

I think the Moss argument, the Brady argument and even the Edelman argument all have some validity. It doesn't change the fact that Welker goes out there almost every week and spins somebody's cornerback around to give the Pats big first downs. He's not the best WR in the league, but he's a huge difference-maker and a winning ballplayer. I'd even go so far as to say that the Jets would be better off with Welker and Holmes than they are with Braylon and Holmes, only because Welker would make Sanchez's life so much easier by consistently breaking open in the middle of the field as opposed to, with Braylon, trying to force the ball down the sidelines every time.

Edited by T0mShane

I think the Moss argument, the Brady argument and even the Edelman argument all have some validity. It doesn't change the fact that Welker goes out there almost every week and spins somebody's cornerback around to give the Pats big first downs. He's not the best WR in the league, but he's a huge difference-maker and a winning ballplayer. I'd even go so far as to say that the Jets would be better off with Welker and Holmes than they are with Braylon and Holmes, only because Welker would make Sanchez's life so much easier by consistently breaking open in the middle of the field as opposed to, with Braylon, trying to force the ball down the sidelines every time.

Stop trying to be rational when it comes to Wes "JAG" Welker. The haters love to post his YPC and lack of TD's. As you said all Welker does is move the chains. When a JAG has 100+ receptions in 3 consecutive seasons I would think he is pretty decent. Not to mention the Pats short passing game is pretty much like a running game.

Stop trying to be rational when it comes to Wes "JAG" Welker. The haters love to post his YPC and lack of TD's. As you said all Welker does is move the chains. When a JAG has 100+ receptions in 3 consecutive seasons I would think he is pretty decent. Not to mention the Pats short passing game is pretty much like a running game.

Word. He's not even a WR. He's like a Jay Novacek/Keith Byars/Dave Megget type hybrid. All he does is be open.

Smith plays for the worst team in the NFL with the immortal Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore as his QB's. From what I've read here and heard all year the Jets have a lot of talent on offense. How do you explain that?

Sanchez is a slight step above Clausen and Moore at this point. WR's cant put up numbers with crappy QB's. Welker in Miami didnt.

Sanchez is a slight step above Clausen and Moore at this point. WR's cant put up numbers with crappy QB's. Welker in Miami didnt.

Welker had 67 catches on a team with terrible QB's in 2006. I'll be amazed if any Jet WR hits the 70 reception mark this season.

• 4 weeks later...

Randy Moss is a turd of a human being. He is not a media darling, and he is a pain in the a$$ to have on your team. Yet if Belichick is such a great coach, how come he couldn't make that work for the balance of this season? All these stories about "gritty" Welker, Woodhead, Edleman, Hernandez and Gronkosksi are all well and good. But sometimes when it comes to talent you have to work with people you may not like or even dislike.And in fairness Edwards and Holmes might also be difficult but their talent in undeniable. But we had one coach that did his best to make it work, and another who arrogantly dumped a very talented player over....any idea why they got rid of him really? Ego? So a wideout had an ego?

Suspect even Belichick knows tonight he made a serious error over nonsense. Might not have changed the outcome, but if the Pats had that guy who made that circus TD catch in September it would've been harder to beat them.

Edited by Bugg

Randy Moss is a turd of a human being. He is not a media darling, and he is a pain in the a$$ to have on your team. Yet if Belichick is such a great coach, how come he couldn't make that work for the balance of this season? All these stories about "gritty" Welker, Woodhead, Edleman, Hernandez and Gronkosksi are all well and good. But sometimes when it comes to talent you have to work with people you may not like or even dislike.And in fairness Edwards and Holmes might also be difficult but their talent in undeniable. But we had one coach that did his best to make it work, and another who arrogantly dumped a very talented player over....any idea why they got rid of him really? Ego? So a wideout had an ego?

Suspect even Belichick knows tonight he made a serious error over nonsense. Might not have changed the outcome, but if the Pats had that guy who made that circus TD catch in September it would've been harder to beat them.

I am calling BS.

First, as diva like as some receivers can be at times, I do not recall Braylon or Santonio acting like Moss earlier this year. I do not recall any look at me press conferences. Nor do I recall him sitting like a petulant child on the sideline during an emotional early season ictory over a rival. You are talking apples and oranges.

Second, if you are talking about talent, yes the Patriots could have used Moss' talent yesterday. And this is the first time you can say that since the trade. Plus, seeing how Moss really did not do anything anywhere else, it is debatable he would have made a difference yesterday. So sure, if the 2007 motivated Moss showed up, maybe yesterday would have been different. I doubt it. However, sure it could have made a difference if the 2007 Moss showed up, but we would have had the 2009 Moss.

Last, the Patriots had locker room issues in 2009. Belichick sent 4 players home. Only, one of those guys is still with the team. While few sordid details escaped of the problems last year, Reiss and others have reported the locker room was much better this year. Belichick took the pictures down as a symbol that this is a team with no history. Going into yesterday's game, for every Brady with 18 games experience, there were quite a few rookies with none. I would not be surprised if the Jets as a team had more game experience on their roster.

I am calling BS.

First, as diva like as some receivers can be at times, I do not recall Braylon or Santonio acting like Moss earlier this year. I do not recall any look at me press conferences. Nor do I recall him sitting like a petulant child on the sideline during an emotional early season ictory over a rival. You are talking apples and oranges.

Second, if you are talking about talent, yes the Patriots could have used Moss' talent yesterday. And this is the first time you can say that since the trade. Plus, seeing how Moss really did not do anything anywhere else, it is debatable he would have made a difference yesterday. So sure, if the 2007 motivated Moss showed up, maybe yesterday would have been different. I doubt it. However, sure it could have made a difference if the 2007 Moss showed up, but we would have had the 2009 Moss.

Last, the Patriots had locker room issues in 2009. Belichick sent 4 players home. Only, one of those guys is still with the team. While few sordid details escaped of the problems last year, Reiss and others have reported the locker room was much better this year. Belichick took the pictures down as a symbol that this is a team with no history. Going into yesterday's game, for every Brady with 18 games experience, there were quite a few rookies with none. I would not be surprised if the Jets as a team had more game experience on their roster.

Moss would've made a difference. Enough to win, I don't know. But the idea you have to get rid of anyone who doesn't completely toe the line is simply nonsense.This "gritty, character beats sheer talent" is nonsense. Now if someone is disurptive to the point it outweighs that talent, yes, you have a point. A press conference or acting like a dick on the sidelines is not enoguh. Brady is 34, and he has only so many more shots at the prize. All those draft picks are wonderful, but none of them played yesterday. And there's no guarantee that when and if they mature Brady is still in Foxboro.Moss was a finished product, a deep threat, right now.

Moss would've made a difference. Enough to win, I don't know. But the idea you have to get rid of anyone who doesn't completely toe the line is simply nonsense.This "gritty, character beats sheer talent" is nonsense. Now if someone is disurptive to the point it outweighs that talent, yes, you have a point. A press conference or acting like a dick on the sidelines is not enoguh. Brady is 34, and he has only so many more shots at the prize. All those draft picks are wonderful, but none of them played yesterday. And there's no guarantee that when and if they mature Brady is still in Foxboro.Moss was a finished product, a deep threat, right now.

Which Moss are you talking about? 2007 Moss? Or the one that was in Foxboro, Minnesota and Tennessee this year?

For whatever reason, Moss did not produce this year. It is not like he went from 3 games and 9 catches to 13 games and 90 catches somewhere else. He had 28 catches in 16 games.

The Patriots could have used a fully interested and committed Moss, but he did not play like that this year.

Which Moss are you talking about? 2007 Moss? Or the one that was in Foxboro, Minnesota and Tennessee this year?

For whatever reason, Moss did not produce this year. It is not like he went from 3 games and 9 catches to 13 games and 90 catches somewhere else. He had 28 catches in 16 games.

The Patriots could have used a fully interested and committed Moss, but he did not play like that this year.

I think we are talking the one who burned the best CB in the business for a long TD in week 2 of this year.

I think we are talking the one who burned the best CB in the business for a long TD in week 2 of this year.

The one that pulled up hurt on the play and did not play for a few weeks?

Again, you pick one play out of about the last 5 games between those two players where Moss actually got free.

The rest of the time it was Revis Island and Randy did not do sh*t.

• 8 months later...