Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Chrebet was annoying as hell as he always made that key 3rd down catch. I have the utmost respect for Chrebet.

Same with Welker. I'm a jet fan Gainzo who resides in South Florida and I was gonna bump this post every Monday so thanks.

We would have traded a 2nd and 7th for Wayne Chrebet 12 years ago(or something like that) DEFINITELY, Wes Welker is Wayne Chrebet that runs kicks back. I watched him and listened to ENDLESS commentary on local sports radio. Wes Welker WAS the dolphins offense for the last two years. That's with Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, The #2 pick overall Ronnie Brown, who we will make look like Jim, but don't be fooled, he sux.

Anyone who says Wes Welker sux either:

1. Just doesn't know him well enough.

2. Is not high on the Sports I.Q. meter.

or

3.Is just messing around to get things riled up.

Wes Welker for a 2nd and a 7th was a steal!! Fins fans know it, Patriots fans and FO know it, every Jet Fan should know it, but they will.

With that said, if a 2nd and 7th for Welker was a steal, Randy Moss for a 4th was buying Manhattan from the Indians.

Really?

Who has 1494 yards over a 46 game career for a whooping 32.5 yards per game average? Jerricho Cotchery.

You are right he sucks.

Welker (37.4) > Cotchery (32.5).

If you are going to make an argument at least think it through. Pulling some extraneous number out of your ass is stupid.

The silly part is that you and your patsy homer pals really think Welker is better than cotch lol.

Really?

Who has 1494 yards over a 46 game career for a whooping 32.5 yards per game average? Jerricho Cotchery.

You are right he sucks.

Welker (37.4) > Cotchery (32.5).

If you are going to make an argument at least think it through. Pulling some extraneous number out of your ass is stupid.

Those stats are due to Herm Edwards being a total Moron.he's even admitted since joining KC that not playing Cotchery while in NY was a mistake.

Cotch was 4th string reciever in the first 2 years of his career, care to maention how he's done since he's started.

Look, I like Welker, I respect him as he's a damn good player. But JC is in another league.

As much as madmike may want stats to define players, it doesn't. What they do on the field is what matters. Wes Welker is in the perfect offense for him to succeed and thus far he is succeeding. Get over the Jet homersim.

The idea that having an opinion on one player is homerism is nuts. I'm not gonna be afraid to give my opinion of players for fear of being called a homer. If the Jets had given up a 2nd for Welker i'd be LIVID.

The idea that having an opinion on one player is homerism is nuts. I'm not gonna be afraid to give my opinion of players for fear of being called a homer. If the Jets had given up a 2nd for Welker i'd be LIVID.

So would I because he does not fit well into our offense and we do not need a punt returner. However, New England needed a punt returner and he is a PERFECT fit in their offense, catching around 70-80 balls a season.

So would I because he does not fit well into our offense and we do not need a punt returner. However, New England needed a punt returner and he is a PERFECT fit in their offense, catching around 70-80 balls a season.
It's very easy to be a perfect fit when you know what plays are coming. That makes it REALLY easy to find the open man.

It's very easy to be a perfect fit when you know what plays are coming. That makes it REALLY easy to find the open man.

Give it a rest. Its over now. Their tapes are gone. Estrella no longer will be shooting the opposing sidelines. Welker would fit into any offense that actually uses their slot receiver.

The silly part is that you and your patsy homer pals really think Welker is better than cotch lol.

Wrong.

I am only using the number you pulled out of your ass to set a standard to be measured by.

Do not blame me your statement makes you look like a dumb ass homer.

Using your logic....Welker > Cotchery.

BTW as somone who has played football I know that becuase the Patsys know what plays are coming they are able to create those knid of mismatches. Another byproduct of cheating that they have been doing for years.

Powderpuff league is a little different than the NFL. Just sayin'...

Wrong.

I am only using the number you pulled out of your ass to set a standard to be measured by.

Do not blame me your statement makes you look like a dumb ass homer.

Using your logic....Welker > Cotchery.

Except i used MANY more numbers than that which you ignored. Typical of a troll trying to cherrypick stats.

I can't deal with this f'ing moron anymore. How the F do you people keep replying to him? Let him think what he wants, he is proven wrong in every single argument on Sunday's each and every week.

Sorry for having an opinion. I don't see you backing off your opinions either but I guess when other people have strong opinions they are morons...

Except i used MANY more numbers than that which you ignored. Typical of a troll trying to cherrypick stats.

Ok, how many 1000 yard seasons does Cotchery have? Zero. He sucks according to Mikey.

Coles averaged 12.1 YPC last year. Does not break the top 41, as far as ESPN tracks. So if Welker's 67 catches coming off the bench is mediocre, then Coles YPC really sucks because he cannot even crack the Top 41.

Are those the cherry picked numbers?

Good job mikey...you brought down two more Jets' players.

Ok, how many 1000 yard seasons does Cotchery have? Zero. He sucks according to Mikey.

Coles averaged 12.1 YPC last year. Does not break the top 41, as far as ESPN tracks. So if Welker's 67 catches coming off the bench is mediocre, then Coles YPC really sucks because he cannot even crack the Top 41.

Are those the cherry picked numbers?

Good job mikey...you brought down two more Jets' players.

See to a patsy troll like yourself every patsy player had to be compared to every jet player to try to stir up crap with the jets fans here. I'm not going to even argue with a troll about something this stupid. This thread is about the cheating midget not Coles or Cotch.

See to a patsy troll like yourself every patsy player had to be compared to every jet player to try to stir up crap with the jets fans here. I'm not going to even argue with a troll about something this stupid. This thread is about the cheating midget not Coles or Cotch.

Why? You know you are losing.

You mentioned numbers as a way to make your point. I showed you that your thought process is wrong by using Jets players as examples. You set a standard to judge Welker by. Do not blame me for illustrating your players do not meet the same standard and thus prove either they suck or you are wrong.

Why? You know you are losing.

You mentioned numbers as a way to make your point. I showed you that your thought process is wrong by using Jets players as examples. You set a standard to judge Welker by. Do not blame me for illustrating your players do not meet the same standard and thus prove either they suck or you are wrong.

Except you're cherrypicking stats while I'm taking a look at all of them and being objective. Something you have no idea the definition of.

OK Lets do a real comparison.

Welker's first 2 years as a regular player in the NFL =

29 Cth 434 Yd 0TD 15.0 AVG

67 Cth 687 Yd 1TD 10.3 AVG

Total 96 CTH 1121 1 TD 11.6 AVG = Mediocre

Coles first 2 years as a regular player in the NFL =

59 CTH 868 YD 7 TD 14.7 AVG

89 CTH 1264 YD 5 TD 14.2 AVG

148 CTH 2132 YD 14.4 AVG 12 TD = Better than Mediocre

Cotch has only been a regular player for one year

82 CTH 961 YD 6TD 11.7 AVG

Only a complete homer would argue that Welker has done 1/10 in his career of what Coles has done and what Cotch did in his first year as a regular player.

OK Lets do a real comparison.

Welker's first 2 years as a regular player in the NFL =

29 Cth 434 Yd 0TD 15.0 AVG

67 Cth 687 Yd 1TD 10.3 AVG

Total 96 CTH 1121 1 TD 11.6 AVG = Mediocre

Coles first 2 years as a regular player in the NFL =

59 CTH 868 YD 7 TD 14.7 AVG

89 CTH 1264 YD 5 TD 14.2 AVG

148 CTH 2132 YD 14.4 AVG 12 TD = Better than Mediocre

Cotch has only been a regular player for one year

82 CTH 961 YD 6TD 11.7 AVG

Only a complete homer would argue that Welker has done 1/10 in his career of what Coles has done and what Cotch did in his first year as a regular player.

And that is not cherry picking? :rolleyes:

Ok, let's look at these three again.

Coles

Coles was a first round talent that if it was not for a trip to the Foot Locker would have been a high draft pick. Had an ok rookie year and by year two was a starter. Has had a real good career.

Cotchery

Bit could better answer this, but for whatever reason he was a 4th round pick. Did little of distinction in his rookie year, showed a little in his second year before having a break through year last year as a starter.

Welker

Went undrafted. Probably because he is small (5'9") and came from a Run -n- Gun college offense (Texas Tech). He got a tryout as a rookie free agent and managed to show he belonged by gaining 2000+ yards as a return man. In his second year, caught 29 passes as the 6th option on the Phins. In 2006, he led the Phins in receptions ahead of (McMichael, Booker, Chambers and Ronnie Brown). Last year was Welker's first year seeing alot of action to include his second and third career starts. Last week, was his fourth.

Look at those numbers the right way. Through their first two years of significant action:

Coles (29 games: 81-1238-8)

Cotchery (32 games: 101-1222-6)

Welker (32 games: 96-1121-1).

Welker's numbers compare well to them as a rare starter. IMHO Coles would grade higher because he did his as a rookie and did not have a year to get acclimated like Cotch and Welker.

Again, I am not saying Welker is better. C & C are real good. Would not be disappointed if either was a Patriot.

All I am saying is Welker is good despite what you think. In the Patriots system, he can be even better.

Was Troy Brown one of the best receivers in the NFL when he averaged over 90 catches a year from 2000-2002? No. However, he was a perfect fit for the Patriots system that maximized his talent and hid his short comings. That is what Welker is to the Patriots now.

He is not going to out run or out jump Randy. He will out work him and be a nightmare in the slot. That is the concept you are not grasping.

Coles

Coles was a first round talent that if it was not for a trip to the Foot Locker would have been a high draft pick. Had an ok rookie year and by year two was a starter. Has had a real good career.

Cotchery

Bit could better answer this, but for whatever reason he was a 4th round pick. Did little of distinction in his rookie year, showed a little in his second year before having a break through year last year as a starter.

Welker

Went undrafted. Probably because he is small (5'9") and came from a Run -n- Gun college offense (Texas Tech). He got a tryout as a rookie free agent and managed to show he belonged by gaining 2000+ yards as a return man. In his second year, caught 29 passes as the 6th option on the Phins. In 2006, he led the Phins in receptions ahead of (McMichael, Booker, Chambers and Ronnie Brown). Last year was Welker's first year seeing alot of action to include his second and third career starts. Last week, was his fourth.

Look at those numbers the right way. Through their first two years of significant action:

Welker's numbers compare well to them as a rare starter. IMHO Coles would grade higher because he did his as a rookie and did not have a year to get acclimated like Cotch and Welker.

Again, I am not saying Welker is better. C & C are real good. Would not be disappointed if either was a Patriot.

All I am saying is Welker is good despite what you think. In the Patriots system, he can be even better.

Was Troy Brown one of the best receivers in the NFL when he averaged over 90 catches a year from 2000-2002? No. However, he was a perfect fit for the Patriots system that maximized his talent and hid his short comings. That is what Welker is to the Patriots now.

He is not going to out run or out jump Randy. He will out work him and be a nightmare in the slot. That is the concept you are not grasping.

Objective factual analysis...this is not goig to sit well with some people

Coles

Cotchery

Welker

Coles and Cotch's first 2 years they didn't play NEARLY as much as Welker did because other WR's were ahead of them. Those years can't be counted as significant playing time.

Coles

Cotchery

Welker

Is a whole lot better than...

Coles

Cotchery

J-Mac

If we had Welker in the slot... We may be 1-1 right now. No way Welker drops that pass vs Baltimore

Enough said... Welker is a solid WR, and reminds me alot of Chrebet... He has heart

I agree. JMac sucks. You could replace him with most WR's in the NFL and improve the Jets. Too bad Stuckey hurt himself.

I agree. JMac sucks. You could replace him with most WR's in the NFL and improve the Jets. Too bad Stuckey hurt himself.

MadMike... Ur one hell of a Jets fan... But cmon man... Welker is a great fit for almost any team... Us saying Welker sucks is like the Pats saying Cotch sucks... Welker is a fast, quick, tough WR who can make the tough catch... And he has alot of heart like W.Chrebet. I would take Welker over Moss or Stallworth any day

MadMike... Ur one hell of a Jets fan... But cmon man... Welker is a great fit for almost any team... Us saying Welker sucks is like the Pats saying Cotch sucks... Welker is a fast, quick, tough WR who can make the tough catch... And he has alot of heart like W.Chrebet. I would take Welker over Moss or Stallworth any day

Being better than Stallworth isn't a major accomplishment...

Coles and Cotch's first 2 years they didn't play NEARLY as much as Welker did because other WR's were ahead of them. Those years can't be counted as significant playing time.

What?

Coles had starts as a rookie. Go look his splits at ESPN. He started all 16 games as a second year vet.

Cotch had at least one start in his second year and then was a regular contributor the rest of the season before starting every game last year.

Now, explain to me how Welker who was the 6th option in his six option in his second year and 5th option last year had more playing time and was ahead of receivers?

Here is a recap.

Coles was third receiver behind Chrebet (69 catches) and Ward (54 catches). I realize his numbers were stunted by AiR Groh as Curtis and ANderson caught 88 and 70 passes).

Coles starts 16 games and leads the team in catches, but again his numbers are down a little because the passes were distributed.

Cotch was down the depth chart. Coles, JMAC, Jolley/Baker, Curtis/Sowell held his numbers down.

Welker like Cotch was way down the option chart also. Chambers, Booker, Ronnie Brown, Randy McMichael and Ricky Williams all reached double digit in catches.

Cotch is a starter. The Jets do not distribute the ball as much in previous years.

Welker moves up the depth chart. He is still the third receiver, behind Booker and Chambers. McMichael and Ronnie Brown are still major factors in the offense.

Explain this to me again. How did Welker get more playing time?

Coles

Cotchery

Welker

Is a whole lot better than...

Coles

Cotchery

J-Mac

If we had Welker in the slot... We may be 1-1 right now. No way Welker drops that pass vs Baltimore

Enough said... Welker is a solid WR, and reminds me alot of Chrebet... He has heart

Coles

Cotchery

DWC