Why do so many people on JN not trust Mangini already?

ECURB

People are all crazy about the LG situation... but Mangini obviously was comfortable with trading away Kendall... why dont you trust him?

Everyone is bashing Chad before one game is played, yet Mangini named him the starter 8 months ago, why dont you guys trust Mangini on this one?

Im sick of people trying to have it both ways... talking about how much they love the coach... and then talking about how terrible Chad Pennington is... if Chad were terrible (like you make him out to be) that would make Mangini a terrible coach for playing him and Tannenbaum a terrible Gm for paying him.

So go ahead and bash Chad if you want, but remember your also bashing Tangini at the same time... same goes for the Bender/Clarke situation...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People are all crazy about the LG situation... but Mangini obviously was comfortable with trading away Kendall... why dont you trust him?

Everyone is bashing Chad before one game is played, yet Mangini named him the starter 8 months ago, why dont you guys trust Mangini on this one?

Im sick of people trying to have it both ways... talking about how much they love the coach... and then talking about how terrible Chad Pennington is... if Chad were terrible (like you make him out to be) that would make Mangini a terrible coach for playing him and Tannenbaum a terrible Gm for paying him.

So go ahead and bash Chad if you want, but remember your also bashing Tangini at the same time... same goes for the Bender/Clarke situation...

chad will be fine Mr. t will be fine, mangenious will be fine, AND most importantly the jets will be fine if anyone wants to not trust the team mangini has then get off this board and buy a brady jersey.

your absolutely right. Eric Mangini is incapable of making a mistake. Besides if Tangini wasn't so high on Pennington, why would they have gone out and signed him? It's not like they inherited him without a viable back up option. I mean if they weren't serious about him starting for the next 6 years or so, they would have done something crazy like draft a quarterback in the second round.

I started trusting Mangini when we drafted Ferguson and Mangold last year in the first round. It would have been easy for a coach to go after that "Sexy pick" but Mangini went for a franchise LT and a Center in Mangold to anchor this O-Line for years to come.

We drafted a play-maker who is amazing in the open field in Leon Washington

With the help of Mangini we found out that we actually had 2 play-makers on the roster in J.Cotchery and K.Rhodes...

This year we drafted the nations #1 ranked CB in Revis and the nations #3 ranked MLB in D.Harris who is a true 3-4 MLB to play alongside Vilma.

We just traded for Thomas Jones and with the help of Mangini we now have a feature back that has proven he can carry the work load out in Chicago for the next 3 seasons, if not longer, with a RB in Washington who is the perfect change of pace back/3rd down back.

I can go on and on, everything this coach has done has been for the better of the Jets.

When Mangini released Kendall, yea... It may hurt our pass protection... But how do we know Bender wont do just fine at LG? We never know... With the release of Kendall and the help of Bender, this Jets team may have a top 10 rushing attack this year.

And everyone says Mangini drafted KC to be the future starter for this JEts team... Now I understand that he sat as a rookie, but this is year two, Chad played like shiit in the preseason... But at the same time Mangini knows as of RIGHT NOW... With this team we have around Chad... That Pennington actually gives this team the best chance to win. The fact that Mangini drafted KC to be the future of this team, the fact that Chad is still the starting QB, that says alot about the QB that we have in Chad.

your absolutely right. Eric Mangini is incapable of making a mistake. Besides if Tangini wasn't so high on Pennington, why would they have gone out and signed him? It's not like they inherited him without a viable back up option. I mean if they weren't serious about him starting for the next 6 years or so, they would have done something crazy like draft a quarterback in the second round.

Im talking about TOMMOROW.... who cares what QB they drafted... he isnt good enough to start yet... and dont pull the mistake BS... Shotty is a GREAT evaluator of QB's...

People act like Chad is a pop warner player out there and just flat out sucks... which in turn insults the intelligence of the JETS coaching staff... while some jackass in an online forum acts like they know more than the JETS coaching staff...

People already think Chad will suck tomorrow... before the game has even started... its stupid...

they would have done something crazy like draft a quarterback in the second round.

I'm not saying that KC is a mistake, but coaches make mistakes all the time... KC may be no mistake, but I think that when Mangini drafted KC in round 2... It was because he was nervious about Chad going down due to an injury.

Why did Mangini sign Kimo?

Why did Mangini bring in Barlow?

Believe me... If Chad never had injury problems... Mangini would have never drafted KC... Point blank... And now that Chad played a whole season last year, a healthy offseason and preseason this year... We now see that Mangini is sticking with the QB that helped lead this Jets team to the playoffs last year.

Just go ask J.Cotch and L.Coles wha they think of C.Pennington.

Im talking about TOMMOROW.... who cares what QB they drafted... he isnt good enough to start yet... and dont pull the mistake BS... Shotty is a GREAT evaluator of QB's...

THATS WHY PENNINGTON IS STARTING! It's not that he's a good QB its that there is nobody else behind him ready yet. When Kellen is ready which I think will be by the start of the next season Pennington will be done.

They probably hate him since his lamd duck throws get them nearly killed every pass in the middle. They would be statistically two of the best WRs in the NFL if they had a QB who could lead them with his passes.

I'm not saying that KC is a mistake, but coaches make mistakes all the time... KC may be no mistake, but I think that when Mangini drafted KC in round 2... It was because he was nervious about Chad going down due to an injury.

Why did Mangini sign Kimo?

Why did Mangini bring in Barlow?

Believe me... If Chad never had injury problems... Mangini would have never drafted KC... Point blank... And now that Chad played a whole season last year, a healthy offseason and preseason this year... We now see that Mangini is sticking with the QB that helped lead this Jets team to the playoffs last year.

You actually made a good point, congrats DWC.

Kellen Clemens was an insurance policy for a shaky Pennington... nothing more... in fact... Ramsey was even brought in just in case... and held the 2nd spot most of the year...

If Tangini wanted another franchise QB... they had Cutler in their hands... and let him go because they feel Chad is their guy.

THATS WHY PENNINGTON IS STARTING! It's not that he's a good QB its that there is nobody else behind him ready yet. When Kellen is ready which I think will be by the start of the next season Pennington will be done.

So you think Mangini started a ****ty QB on purpose then?

He didnt go out and bring in someone that could actually win? Leftwich, Carr, Shuab, Culpepper, Green, Harrinton

They were all available this year...

but no... Mangini figured the hell with it... Ill just play a ****ty QB for fun...

They probably hate him since his lamd duck throws get them nearly killed every pass in the middle. They would be statistically two of the best WRs in the NFL if they had a QB who could lead them with his passes.

Coles said he does not ever want to play for another QB not named Chad Pennington... Cotch also has high praise for him... as well as Jmac

You actually made a good point, congrats DWC.

Kellen Clemens was an insurance policy for a shaky Pennington... nothing more... in fact... Ramsey was even brought in just in case... and held the 2nd spot most of the year...

If Tangini wanted another franchise QB... they had Cutler in their hands... and let him go because they feel Chad is their guy.

Why waste a 2nd rounder on an insurance policy, especially in that draft? It makes no sense.

Ramsey was insurance because he had already played in the league and had experience. A rookie is NOT an insurance policy.

And maybe the reason that they didn't draft Cutler was because they had about 10 holes to fill and they liked Clemens anyway.

So you think Mangini started a ****ty QB on purpose then?

He didnt go out and bring in someone that could actually win? Leftwich, Carr, Shuab, Culpepper, Green, Harrinton

They were all available this year...

but no... Mangini figured the hell with it... Ill just play a ****ty QB for fun...

And you think any of those are good starters? THere weren't any good FA QBs on the market this year that would be an upgrade over Kellen. The coaching staff likes him, when he's ready which will be soon they will start him.

Also as for his WRs showing nothing but praise for him what do you expect them to do publicly? The only reciever dumb enough to talk trash about his QB is TO and I don't think any reciever in the league wants that controversy around them. Do you honestly think Coles will come out and say, "Well it would be nice if my QB could make throws where I didn't get killed the second after I caught them every time"? Mangini would literally kill him.

Coles said he does not ever want to play for another QB not named Chad Pennington... Cotch also has high praise for him... as well as Jmac

yea that was a pretty lame post there by the iceman-Coles and Cotch had career years why would they NOT like Chad

Dink and dunks go to the TE's and RB's... Thats what dink and dunking is all about... The flats.

Coles had a 1,000 yard season last year with Chad, and J.Cotchery had a break-out season last year playing with Chad... He had 900 something recieving yards...

I dont call that dink and dunking... I call that putting your players in position to make plays...And thats what Chad does.

Dink and dunks go to the TE's and RB's... Thats what dink and dunking is all about... The flats.

Coles had a 1,000 yard season last year with Chad, and J.Cotchery had a break-out season last year playing with Chad... He had 900 something recieving yards...

I dont call that dink and dunking... I call that putting your players in position to make plays...And thats what Chad does.

He wasn't talking about dinking and dunking. I believe he was referencing Chad's habit of floating passes in the middle of the field and the effect this has on the well being of our receivers. See Zach Thomas' hit on Coles last Christmas if your still confused.

And you think any of those are good starters? THere weren't any good FA QBs on the market this year that would be an upgrade over Kellen. The coaching staff likes him, when he's ready which will be soon they will start him.

Also as for his WRs showing nothing but praise for him what do you expect them to do publicly? The only reciever dumb enough to talk trash about his QB is TO and I don't think any reciever in the league wants that controversy around them. Do you honestly think Coles will come out and say, "Well it would be nice if my QB could make throws where I didn't get killed the second after I caught them every time"? Mangini would literally kill him.

Coles went on a family vacation with Chad... he likes Chad on and off the field...

Cotch also loves Chad... Chad is a smart QB that gets Cotch the ball in spots where he can make big plays...

Kellen Clemens was not an immediate replacement for Chad, which in todays NFL makes him an insurance policy... he is insurance if Chad doesnt string together a couple of good years... if Chad has a good year this year... Kellen will be on the bench again... as insurance...

Coles went on a family vacation with Chad... he likes Chad on and off the field...

Cotch also loves Chad... Chad is a smart QB that gets Cotch the ball in spots where he can make big plays...

Kellen Clemens was not an immediate replacement for Chad, which in todays NFL makes him an insurance policy... he is insurance if Chad doesnt string together a couple of good years... if Chad has a good year this year... Kellen will be on the bench again... as insurance...

Chad is going to have to be very good and Kellen will have to look very bad for Chad to keep the job next year. Chad is due a lot of money after this season.

So the front office that you hold in such high regard used a high 2nd round pick, in what was arguably the most talent stocked draft of the last 10-15 years, on a backup?

Either you are deluding yourself or they made a huge mistake.

So the front office that you hold in such high regard used a high 2nd round pick, in what was arguably the most talent stocked draft of the last 10-15 years, on a backup?

When did I say they used it on a backup? They used it on an insurance policy... there is always a risk involved... in this case the risk is very good becuase if Kellen stays a backup that would most likley mean Chad is doing well...

Chad is going to have to be very good and Kellen will have to look very bad for Chad to keep the job next year. Chad is due a lot of money after this season.

Chad was due a lot of money last year too and they kept him when he couldnt even throw a football yet... contracts can and will be re-worked if needed.

Backup?

They used a 2nd round pick on a QB who, before he was injured, carried a mid 1st round value.

He showed some of that skill, and talent in this preseason.

4 TD's two pics, QB rating of 115 of the 13 drives he led they scored on 9.

IMO he is the Jets QB of the future. Perhaps nest year.

When he takes over it won't be because Pennington stinks, he doesn't, it will be because Clemens is that good. He put some real heat on Pennington this season.

His time just hasn't come yet.

He wasn't talking about dinking and dunking. I believe he was referencing Chad's habit of floating passes in the middle of the field and the effect this has on the well being of our receivers. See Zach Thomas' hit on Coles last Christmas if your still confused.

Bro... It's called NFL Defense...

I'v seen Harrison get his head knocked off from a P.Manning pass...

Did u even see the hit T.Brown took last year? Nasty... And BTW... Brady was the Quarterback...

Chad Pennington puts his wr's in a possition to get killed just as much as any other QB in the league. B.Farve has a GUN... But he's one QB who throws passes that can get his WR's heads knocked off on a game to game basis...

I trust him, but that doesn't mean he won't make mistakes.

I also trusted Herm, so who am I to judge.

BZ

Enough said :bag:

I trust Mangini the same way I trusted Parcells. he will never get second guessed by me. he's a second year HC that scares the living **** out of mumbles up in New England. did Herm ever scare mumbles? I do not think so.

Well, just because he is a good coach doesn't mean he is invencible to making bad decisions. Also, its okay to think and question instead of blindly follow....

Coles loved Chad so much he signed a tender with Washington....and what are wrs supposed to say "Chad passes risk my life" it is called saying what you are supposed to say. I would love to see the threads after Herm's first successful year. I think all fans support Mangini and Chad but at the same time they are allowed to have their opinion whether it is positive or negative. Without that there would be no message boards

Well, just because he is a good coach doesn't mean he is invencible to making bad decisions. Also, its okay to think and question instead of blindly follow....

No but your missing the point... some people on this board act as if Chad is a terrible QB that cant even throw a football... they act like Myself and others are blind to the fact that Chad sucks but its so obvious to them...

If its obvious to them, wouldnt it be obvious to the JETS coaching staff and front office??

People arent making this out to be a close call, possibly bad decision... they are saying cut and dry, Chad sucks...

it is not like there was a marquee qb out there that the Jets passed on. At this point Chad is helping Mangini build up his team and then when he makes his serious run at a championship Clemens will be at the helm.

So you think... that is not a fact...

You dont think Trent Green, David Carr, Daunte Culpepper would be an upgrade over Chad based on what some people here say about Chad?

Also the JETS passed up on Cutler... that was a marquee QB

Archived