Why do so many people on JN not trust Mangini already?

ECURB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No but your missing the point... some people on this board act as if Chad is a terrible QB that cant even throw a football... they act like Myself and others are blind to the fact that Chad sucks but its so obvious to them...

If its obvious to them, wouldnt it be obvious to the JETS coaching staff and front office??

People arent making this out to be a close call, possibly bad decision... they are saying cut and dry, Chad sucks...

I think we have more of a problem with spinning stats and outright lying to claim Chad is a lot greater than he is. And the sickening excuse making and blame passing whenever Chad should be held accountable for anything.

QBs make or break a team. Of course you need to surround them with weapons and can't trot them out by themselves, but in general, it is obvious when a QB is making the best of what he has and is improving the team around him. Chad does this to a certain extent but not on the level of a great QB. He is a good to mediocre QB, you create needless drama when you start trying to paint him as better than Montana, Brady or Manning, which you try to do quite often.

If you really feel we should never even discuss anything then you need to stop posting on the board. I doubt you feel that way though considering how many times you post a day. I think you just enjoy reading your own posts and like DWC are an attention whore.

I think we have more of a problem with spinning stats and outright lying to claim Chad is a lot greater than he is. And the sickening excuse making and blame passing whenever Chad should be held accountable for anything.

QBs make or break a team. Of course you need to surround them with weapons and can't trot them out by themselves, but in general, it is obvious when a QB is making the best of what he has and is improving the team around him. Chad does this to a certain extent but not on the level of a great QB. He is a good to mediocre QB, you create needless drama when you start trying to paint him as better than Montana, Brady or Manning, which you try to do quite often.

If you really feel we should never even discuss anything then you need to stop posting on the board. I doubt you feel that way though considering how many times you post a day. I think you just enjoy reading your own posts and like DWC are an attention whore.

He's no whore. He does it for free.

Chad isn't a terrible qb who can't throw at all, but based on the Giants preseason game it's entirely possible that Bender is a terrible OG that can't block at all. Were we all supposed to shut up and be trusting after that performance?

Riiiiight, because it isnt possible that they loved Clemens so much that they traded up for him in the 2nd rd and took the safe way out with the #4 overall pick by taking the left tackle.

Oh wait, they did EXACTLY that.

See, I dont pretend I know what Mangini is thinking or has thought behind every move he makes or has made.

I'll let the play on the field tomorrow do the talking. My guess? Ecurb drinks a tall glass of STFU.

Indeed Barton, all will be revealed.

As for the pick, they may have been high on Clemens but everyone knows the Jets loved Cutler.

The Jets main priority going into the draft was LT and C, the QB pick IMO was insurance for Pennington who like E-curb said was shaky looking.

They wouldnt have risked letting Savour Kelly fall into the 2nd if they were that high on him

Indeed Barton, all will be revealed.

As for the pick, they may have been high on Clemens but everyone knows the Jets loved Cutler.

The Jets main priority going into the draft was LT and C, the QB pick IMO was insurance for Pennington who like E-curb said was shaky looking.

They wouldnt have risked letting Savour Kelly fall into the 2nd if they were that high on him

You know what I think? The Jets didnt have the balls to draft Cutler. They went the safe option with Dbrick instead. They just played it safe. I think they really wanted to take Cutler, but didnt have the balls to do it. But I do think they really like Clemens.

JMO. I just hope its not another giant mistake in Jets history.

You know what I think? The Jets didnt have the balls to draft Cutler. They went the safe option with Dbrick instead. They just played it safe. I think they really wanted to take Cutler, but didnt have the balls to do it. But I do think they really like Clemens.

Get over yourself, they like Chad... they have gone out of their way to make him the starting QB of the NYJ...

Oh man I forgot about how heated these debates get. Well come tomorrow evening, it'll be pretty intense. I'm going to try and keep out of it this year and just rep people. I don't think it's worth the emotional stress...but I'm sure I thought the same thing last year and come game time I'd get all emotionally invested every week.

ecurb says that I am not a good fan or something. I think the opposite, I think I care a great deal more, as does barton about the team than the chad excuse makers do. Barton, 124, smizzy me and everyone else of that ilk want what is best for the team, when the team loses we understand that sitting around and spinning stats, making excuses and blaming parts of the team does absolutely nothing to increase the chance of a win. We realize making changes is what will get a win, and when Chad is the reason we lost we call it. Claiming a defense should hold a team to 2 points a game is just utterly ridiculous, especially when the offense spots field position and poinst through turnovers. I think that is a case of putting one player above the rest of the team.

Well, we'll see in about 24 hours right? It's gonna hit the fan, I know it is. If Chad wins guys like ecurb won't let us enjoy the win and will instead make a big deal out of it. If Chad loses they'll whine that we blame him for it. Just can't win...this is where violence is usually the only answer hehe

Oh man I forgot about how heated these debates get. Well come tomorrow evening, it'll be pretty intense. I'm going to try and keep out of it this year and just rep people. I don't think it's worth the emotional stress...but I'm sure I thought the same thing last year and come game time I'd get all emotionally invested every week.

ecurb says that I am not a good fan or something. I think the opposite, I think I care a great deal more, as does barton about the team than the chad excuse makers do. Barton, 124, smizzy me and everyone else of that ilk want what is best for the team, when the team loses we understand that sitting around and spinning stats, making excuses and blaming parts of the team does absolutely nothing to increase the chance of a win. We realize making changes is what will get a win, and when Chad is the reason we lost we call it. Claiming a defense should hold a team to 2 points a game is just utterly ridiculous, especially when the offense spots field position and poinst through turnovers. I think that is a case of putting one player above the rest of the team.

Well, we'll see in about 24 hours right? It's gonna hit the fan, I know it is. If Chad wins guys like ecurb won't let us enjoy the win and will instead make a big deal out of it. If Chad loses they'll whine that we blame him for it. Just can't win...this is where violence is usually the only answer hehe

You just think your somehow smarter than the rest of us... its just your opinion of whats best for the team.. not whats actually best... right now... Chad is best... ask Coach Mangini

Goes both ways. IF they win stats get spun to show how it wasn't Chad's fault and if they lose we hear "winning is all that matters". Personally, I don't give a **** one way or the other a win is a win.

FWIW, I don't think anybody is a better or worse fan, unless they are actively rooting against the team to get somebody benched. Even then, if they think it's best in the long run, they may be a true fan. Just misguided.

You just think your somehow smarter than the rest of us... its just your opinion of whats best for the team.. not whats actually best... right now... Chad is best... ask Coach Mangini

No, I admit that I am kind of dumb. But I am definitely an honest person, and I don't think you are.

Cut to Jets war room. The Jets are on the clock.

Mike T: Who do you think we should take?

Mangini: Look Chad is a nice guy and all but I want to take Cutler here.

Mike T: Are you sure? Cutler? Isn't that a bit risky?

Mangini: Golly gee Mike! Maybe you're right. Maybe we should play it safe?

Mike T: Yeah, safe. Play it safe. I like that.

Mangini: Yup me too. Hey lets take the tackle with the weird name. You know The Brickman guy.

Mike T: Yeah. A tackle is always a safe pick. Low risk. I like that.

Mangini: Right. Low risk. Safe. I like that too. Uh..Mike?

Mike T: Yes, Eric?

Mangini: I have no balls.

Mike T: Hey, me either

Mangini: My wife keeps them in a jar. They are buried in the backyard somewhere. So we are taking Red Brick right.

Mike T: Yeah. I think that is safe. You know, better safe...

Mangini:...than sorry.

Get over yourself, they like Chad... they have gone out of their way to make him the starting QB of the NYJ...

How the F have they gone out of their way to make him the starting Quarterback for one more season? Was it the $64 million contract that Terry Bradway gave him? Yep. Just because the guy had a AVERAGE 2006 (17 td's, 16 int's) does not mean that now Mangini & Co. fully believe in him. They are developing Clemens for the future and for the betterment of the team are letting a veteran lead the club in '06 and most if not all of '07. As I've said all along: 2008 and beyond = KC.

Goes both ways. IF they win stats get spun to show how it wasn't Chad's fault and if they lose we hear "winning is all that matters". Personally, I don't give a **** one way or the other a win is a win.

FWIW, I don't think anybody is a better or worse fan, unless they are actively rooting against the team to get somebody benched. Even then, if they think it's best in the long run, they may be a true fan. Just misguided.

And I will add that when a fan from another team comes on here and slams one of your teams players you don't join the trashing. Stick up for your team.

If Clemens were first round pick he'd have been picked in the first round. The Jets aren't so much smarter than every other GM. Maybe he dropped a little because of his injury, but he didn't drop that far when everybody knew he was fully recovered from an injury that wasn't even to his arm. If you want a better excuse for him dropping, try his height. As PeterNorth says, how many qbs that short have gone in the 1st?

If Clemens were first round pick he'd have been picked in the first round. The Jets are n't so much smarter than every other GM. Maybe he dropped a little because of his injury, but he didn't drop that far when everybody knew he was fully recovered from an injury that wasn't even to his arm. If you want a better excuse for him dropping, try his height. As PeterNorth says, how many qbs that short have gone in the 1st?

Brees was the first pick in round 2. I think the difference between #31 & #32 is nit-picking personally. I take for granted that the teams who pick among the last 5-10 in round 1 usually don't need a first-round QB.

Vick was the #1 pick overall that same year.

Both are shorter than Clemens.

But I agree, it is less common.

Cut to Jets war room. The Jets are on the clock.

Mike T: Who do you think we should take?

Mangini: Look Chad is a nice guy and all but I want to take Cutler here.

Mike T: Are you sure? Cutler? Isn't that a bit risky?

Mangini: Golly gee Mike! Maybe you're right. Maybe we should play it safe?

Mike T: Yeah, safe. Play it safe. I like that.

Mangini: Yup me too. Hey lets take the tackle with the weird name. You know The Brickman guy.

Mike T: Yeah. A tackle is always a safe pick. Low risk. I like that.

Mangini: Right. Low risk. Safe. I like that too. Uh..Mike?

Mike T: Yes, Eric?

Mangini: I have no balls.

Mike T: Hey, me either

Mangini: My wife keeps them in a jar. They are buried in the backyard somewhere. So we are taking Red Brick right.

Mike T: Yeah. I think that is safe. You know, better safe...

Mangini:...than sorry.

LOL, bartons always right.

Brees was the first pick in round 2. I think the difference between #31 & #32 is nit-picking personally. I take for granted that the teams who pick among the last 5-10 in round 1 usually don't need a first-round QB.

Vick was the #1 pick overall that same year.

Both are shorter than Clemens.

But I agree, it is less common.

Bret Farve is the ONLY 2nd round QB EVER to win a superbowl...

Just sayin...

Just sayin...

Yes, you've said it many times. At no time is it relevant to anything other than you superstitiously personally believe round two is a jinx. There are many QB's who have won superbowls that were taken in round 2 or later. Duh.

Just sayin...

Those type of statements make you look like a fool. Just like when you say that Chad has an awesome completion %.

How many playoff games has Chad won with that completion %?

I still cant believe all this hating is still going on this close to the opener.

Fact- Chad is starting at QB tommorow, why cant we just get behind the guy and give him support. He has done nothing this season to merit any criticism and should be given a fresh start. It will make the taste of victory all the more sweeter when its the guy you support that just put up a W.

There you go again comparing Chad to Brees. Are you insane?

No I didnt... you did

I said that Drew Brees had a Great pre-seaosn, and as we know he stunk it up week one... prving that pre-season means nothing... I did not compare them directly... just the situations

Gainzo, why do you care what Chad looked like in preseason? You really should worry about your own team. Preseason is preseason. The real deal is tomorrow. That's all I care about.

I don't need to worry about Tom Brady. Jets fans need to worry about Chad as he is the poster child for inconsistency.

There you go again comparing Chad to Brees. Are you insane?

You are too funny. You play the same thing every time. Put Chad's name in a sentence with another member of the human race and you go, "You are comparing Chad to XXXXX. Are you insane?" You make it sound like ecurb said, Chad is a better QB than Drew Brees. Gainzo you are alright man.

Just sayin...

What does the round you're drafted in have anything to do with your NFL success? Thats like saying if you're a great College Quarterback you will be a great NFL Quarterback. Enough of this crap. We're all slick of your blind homerism to Chad Pennington. The guy could throw 4 interceptions and you'd still find a way to not blame ANYTHING on him. It would be the Offensive Line, then the Wideouts, then Schott, then the weather that day, the wind speed, the circumfrence of the Meadowlands, etc.

Kellen Clemens is the man in waiting. It took your boy over 2 years. Kellen will need no more than 2.

Archived