Why do so many people on JN not trust Mangini already?

ECURB

Mangini needs to wake up and realize, we aint the Pats and we dont have Brady at QB. Take a look at Belichicks career HC record withOUT Brady.

I hate the way we draft all these character/intangible guys. Granted you need some of them to suceed, however, bottom line is you need fast athletic guys. Im not saying go draft criminals, but enough already. Case and point: 3rd round draft pick completed wasted on that Michigan middle linebacker. His PROS: Smart player, Team Captain CONS: Slow, unathletic, crappy.

Find some playermakers baby. We need another handful of Revis's and Harris's.

And someone get DBrick on some HGH already.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Bump

Please stop bumping this guys threads. they are an embarrassment to Jets fans everywhere. And that is saying something considering we slash our own fans in the mens room. He needs more attention like thor needs another donut.

Im talking about TOMMOROW.... who cares what QB they drafted... he isnt good enough to start yet... and dont pull the mistake BS... Shotty is a GREAT evaluator of QB's...

People act like Chad is a pop warner player out there and just flat out sucks... which in turn insults the intelligence of the JETS coaching staff... while some jackass in an online forum acts like they know more than the JETS coaching staff...

People already think Chad will suck tomorrow... before the game has even started... its stupid...

:character42:

Not trust him already...

I made this how long ago?

We have two full seasons to base it on now... he sucks...

Your grasping straws BP...

Yes, you're the only one that thinks I'm grasping straws. so it must be true, yes.

Yes, you're the only one that thinks I'm grasping straws. so it must be true, yes.

Who wouldnt trust him after just that one year?

Now he has been exposed just like Herm was... it just took a little longer for me to see it this time...

You will see it too

Now he has been exposed just like Herm was... it just took a little longer for me to see it this time...

You will see it too

Oh I'm sure you immediately detected Herm's inadequacies with that stellar insight of yours.

Not trust him already...

I made this how long ago?

We have two full seasons to base it on now... he sucks...

Your grasping straws BP...

My man you are quickly approaching the "Clueless Crew" or "Rebel without a Clue". Did Mangini not sign your game ball at training camp or something? Get help dude!

No but your missing the point... some people on this board act as if Chad is a terrible QB that cant even throw a football... they act like Myself and others are blind to the fact that Chad sucks but its so obvious to them...

If its obvious to them, wouldnt it be obvious to the JETS coaching staff and front office??

People arent making this out to be a close call, possibly bad decision... they are saying cut and dry, Chad sucks...

True

True

True

True

and True

You will see it too

So who is to say that this one bad season isn't an illusion as well? You really can't tell anything after one year that exceeded expectations and one year that fell short of expectations (in terms of record predictions). Remember this though:

In both seasons, the Jets were not thought to be a playoff game. In one of those, the Jets reached the playoffs.

I still have a lot of faith in Mangini. We need a lot of help on the lines but hes drafted some key players that will be cornerstones and helped develop others who earned playing time. I think we will be fine going into next year with the amount of freedom we have to spend in FA this off season. #1 and #2 on my wish list...A.Faneca, A.Haynesworth

I still have a lot of faith in Mangini. We need a lot of help on the lines but hes drafted some key players that will be cornerstones and helped develop others who earned playing time. I think we will be fine going into next year with the amount of freedom we have to spend in FA this off season. #1 and #2 on my wish list...A.Faneca, A.Haynesworth

Haynesworth is one failed piss test away from ricky williamsville.

So who is to say that this one bad season isn't an illusion as well? You really can't tell anything after one year that exceeded expectations and one year that fell short of expectations (in terms of record predictions). Remember this though:

In both seasons, the Jets were not thought to be a playoff game. In one of those, the Jets reached the playoffs.

At this point the only thing you can say about Mangini is he is a one year wonder. If the Jets went 7-9 this season but they showed signs of improvement, I'd say the were on the right track. Teams that go 4-12 in todays NFL are not heading in the right direction. Lets hope they fix some things in the offseason, but the NFL is build so teams go 8-8. When a team goes 4-12 it means the FO sucked, the coaching staff sucked, and the players sucked.

It's funny that people are killing Herm and the Chiefs for going 4-12 in year 2 yet Mangini gets a pass. I'm sorry but both coaches and teams deserve to be ridiculed after this year. They both sucked. Plain and simple.

Well by golly, I'm not giving Mangini a pass.

You might not be but it seems far too many people are. At this point, I'm not impressed by either coach. Like I said, teams that go 4-12 in two out of three years in todays NFL are heading toward Lions, 49ers, Raiders and Dolphins hell.

You might not be but it seems far too many people are. At this point, I'm not impressed by either coach. Like I said, teams that go 4-12 in two out of three years in todays NFL are heading toward Lions, 49ers, Raiders and Dolphins hell.

Seriously, the only reason I'm not devoting this entire off-season to ripping Mangini a new one, is because he beat Herm--- and barely at that.

Seriously, the only reason I'm not devoting this entire off-season to ripping Mangini a new one, is because he beat Herm--- and barely at that.

I'm glad they won that game, but in the grand scheme of things, it was pointless. I just hope they make a lot of offseason moves and pick up quite a few draft picks who can contribute. I really do not wish to go into next season thinking, "hey they might have 2 rookies starting" and a bunch of scrubs.

I'm glad they won that game, but in the grand scheme of things, it was pointless. I just hope they make a lot of offseason moves and pick up quite a few draft picks who can contribute. I really do not wish to go into next season thinking, "hey they might have 2 rookies starting" and a bunch of scrubs.

If they lost that game--- it wouldn't matter where they drafted. We'd be doomed. With the win, at least the jury is still out.

If they lost that game--- it wouldn't matter where they drafted. We'd be doomed. With the win, at least the jury is still out.

I just saw a game where neither team wanted to win. It really looked like both teams were trying to lose that game. So win or lose that game the jury is still out. If they played Herm in like week 8 and won, I'd say yeah great win. But that game just looked like two teams who didn't want to be there.

Haha! Improvement!!!! We've upgraded from Herm!!!

Yeah I've been ripping Mangini for awhile now, but I do hope he gets things on track. I'd much rather be praising Mangini for making good decisions and being a genius than looking on with disgust as my favorite team makes glaring missteps even in the offseason.

He needs to re-evaluate how he approaches things now obviously. He can't afford to be stubborn and just automatically assume that merely because he does something it is the right thing to do. He also can't cling to previous success and expect it to carry on into the future. I don't know how he didn't get that lesson from BB, one of the big things that BB and Brady and the rest of the Pats have said year after year, even after winning those SBs, is that they have to keep improving and that each season is a new one, and anything you did the past season means absolutely nothing. That was after winning an SB, and 2 in 3 years or whatever that total was. Meanwhile Mangini got complacent after going 10-6 and a wildcard exit.

We need to bring in more players. We need to replace the people we have now. We need to be more aggressive not only in obtaining players but also in gameplans and playcalling. Mangini needs to understand that the mess he has now can not be fixed by a simple band-aid, which here means players like D-Rob and Chad Pennington, even players like Thomas Jones, Cotchery, Coles (yes him too) etc. It has to be built up from the ground. The team needs to have an identity. It needs to be completely overhauled. Revis, Harris, Leon Washington, Mangold, Brick, etc., these guys are the ones you should keep, Clemens if you think he's got the goods but you've got to support him and give him every chance to succeed. For god's sakes, get D-Rob and Ellis and these other bums outta here already. Honestly get rid of Coles too. You don't want these holdovers. And don't sign anymore Kimos.

I'm not criticizing Mangini because I hate the guy or something. I don't even want him fired like ecurb and some others do. I am just extremely concerned and really need to see changes, because if there are no changes...he needs to go.

Yeah I've been ripping Mangini for awhile now, but I do hope he gets things on track. I'd much rather be praising Mangini for making good decisions and being a genius than looking on with disgust as my favorite team makes glaring missteps even in the offseason.

He needs to re-evaluate how he approaches things now obviously. He can't afford to be stubborn and just automatically assume that merely because he does something it is the right thing to do. He also can't cling to previous success and expect it to carry on into the future. I don't know how he didn't get that lesson from BB, one of the big things that BB and Brady and the rest of the Pats have said year after year, even after winning those SBs, is that they have to keep improving and that each season is a new one, and anything you did the past season means absolutely nothing. That was after winning an SB, and 2 in 3 years or whatever that total was. Meanwhile Mangini got complacent after going 10-6 and a wildcard exit.

We need to bring in more players. We need to replace the people we have now. We need to be more aggressive not only in obtaining players but also in gameplans and playcalling. Mangini needs to understand that the mess he has now can not be fixed by a simple band-aid, which here means players like D-Rob and Chad Pennington, even players like Thomas Jones, Cotchery, Coles (yes him too) etc. It has to be built up from the ground. The team needs to have an identity. It needs to be completely overhauled. Revis, Harris, Leon Washington, Mangold, Brick, etc., these guys are the ones you should keep, Clemens if you think he's got the goods but you've got to support him and give him every chance to succeed. For god's sakes, get D-Rob and Ellis and these other bums outta here already. Honestly get rid of Coles too. You don't want these holdovers. And don't sign anymore Kimos.

I'm not criticizing Mangini because I hate the guy or something. I don't even want him fired like ecurb and some others do. I am just extremely concerned and really need to see changes, because if there are no changes...he needs to go.

POTW NOM

Great post and I feel basically the exact same way.

I thought he failed a piss test. Maybe I was thinking of somebody else. What about him stomping on that Cowboys lineman?

Yeah, thats what I think you must be thinking of. Not a smart move on his part, but hes in his prime and is maybe the most dominating interior DL in the game. He can stop the run and put a lot of pressure on the qb. when he was out this year the titans were terrible at stopping the run, and when he came back(even at less than 100%), the titans suddenly became one of the toughest teams to run on....not a coincidance. Again, Faneca, and Haynesworth top my FA wish list for the Jets. Mostly because big dominating DTs like Haynesworth are so difficult to find

There is no excuse for the Jets to not be more aggressive in free agency, signing some legit starter(s) who can make an actual difference.

They can still compete in 08' w/o a splash in free agency, as long as we get good QB play and have a productive draft, but I want to see them make a FA move here because you cannot get to the superbowl solely depending on the crapshoot that is the draft.

We need to sign some proven vets who can produce.

Great Post and I agree with everything you say. They need to stop being arrogant and make changes. This offseason and next season will go a long way for Mangini's and Tanni's NFL careers. An 8-8 season with improvements and hope for the future is a step in the right direction. A 6-10 season where they made no improvements is a step to no mans land.

Archived