CHAD

NYjet10

chad is prob my fav player next to jones and rhodes, but thats not the point the point is why do u assume he'll be horrible tomorrow because of an off preseason kellen clemens was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers and he did great, how do u know he'll play that way against the 1st line stringers we know chad can compete with them, but we dont know if clemens cant handle it or not the bottom line is CHAD IS OUR QB he got us to the playoffs last year so say what u want but chad will be our starter until mangini says kellen gets the nod. So stop with all the media hype

chad is prob my fav player next to jones and rhodes, but thats not the point the point is why do u assume he'll be horrible tomorrow because of an off preseason kellen clemens was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers and he did great, how do u know he'll play that way against the 1st line stringers we know chad can compete with them, but we dont know if clemens cant handle it or not the bottom line is CHAD IS OUR QB he got us to the playoffs last year so say what u want but chad will be our starter until mangini says kellen gets the nod. So stop with all the media hype

Any QB can have a terrible game and not raise huge red flags. The problem with CHad in the preseason was not just that he played poorly, it was the WAY he played poorly. He obvioulsy has never been a big armed QB, but in preseason his arm strength was noticeably weaker than it was even last year. His release, which has never been fast like a Favre or Romo, but medium speed, has clearly gotten slower and more mechanical. Chad can not afford either of these weaknesses, and they were painfully clear in the preseason games.

Jets fans want to argue this, and bring out the "he wins" card but here is the problem, and something Emmitt Smith said recently. With less arm strength and a slower release, Chad brings down the entire offense. Not scared of being beat deep, the safeties crowd the line of scrimmage making it very difficult to run. Without the ability to stretch the field the CBs can play closer to the line of scimmage and away from the sideline reducing the receivers ability to get YAC. In addition, the CBs are getting more and more likely to try and get a jump on the ball on the short outs and make the int. Chad's release makes the OLines job harder, with .1 or .2 or .3 seconds more to release the ball, the defense gets more hurries, and more pressure. Chad does not make great decisions in the face of a lot of pressure.

The other big thing was CHad's demeanor. He has not been the high energy, confident QB we hae grown to know. He has loooked dour, shell shocked and not confident. Chad MUST be confident to succeed.

For all these reasons I think our time with Chad must come (and will I believe) to an end soon. Chad at his best does not win games, but manages the game where he does not lose it, and we can win off of the other teams mistakes, good play in the red zone on defense and excellent special teams play. It is a formula for being .500 or a little better and we have sneaked into the playoffs several times with this this philosophy both under Herm and Mangini. Chad barely provided that last yeat if he even did, and with the drop in his skills we saw in the preseason, Chad will start really hurting this team.

I feel CHad is done, and we need to go with Kellen who has the ability and skills to WIN games for us. The longer we stick with Chad this year the worse things will get, and if Mangini sticks with Chad too long things can spiral out of control and we could have a top 5 pick next year.

I hope to see the Clemens era start as soon as possible. I think it becomes very possible from game 3 on.

Chad Pennington is the the most winning QB in JETS history...

And has never missed the play-offs when relatively healthy.

He will however receive full blame warranted or not for any losses that occur in the 1st 2 games against superior opponents. The Bartonette's will be circling like vultures fueled by 124's pitchers of Clemonade.

Well history usually indicates that we lose to teams with good defenses, especially New England. Unless there is a torrential downpour tomorrow and we sign Barlow again, history indicates that we are in for a loss. Hopefully we buck the trend and come out strong, but you have to understand what is the most likely thing to happen.

how the hell can chad f*cking pennington be one of anybodys favorite players? I dont understand how some people come up with such stupid things, he is so useless and if you dont think so your obviously blind.

You think the New York Jets coaching staff is blind?

Archived