Great MMA fight (free) on spike tv!!!!!

vinnys025

I couldnt believe it when this fight was announced a few months ago, I had mixed emotions. First I thought it was a terrific fight and couldn't contain my joy at the thought of Hendo scrapping it out with Rampage. However, once I realized that this fight was actually going to happen and not just another Zuffa pipe dream, I sorta got bummed out.

To me, this fight is a slam dunk for Henderson and I think Zuffa rushed to make this. The UFC should have allowed Rampage to defend his title at least once and allow Henderson, one of the greatest fighters in history, to build a name for himself here in America.

On the heels of his shocking annihilation of Chuck Liddell, it truly is sad to see Jackson's light heavyweight championship reign end without a singular defense. Aside from brute strength and maybe striking technique there is no aspect of the fight that Jackson has an edge over Henderson.

Jackson has a weaker chin, and Henderson also has better cardio.

And besides, any time Henderson has had to face an elite opponent he's stepped up and the vast majority of the time he's won. Henderson beat great fighters such as Vitor Belfort, Murilo Bustamante twice, Wanderlei Silva, Carlos Newton when he was good, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, and Renzo Gracie. The list goes on and on. The same can't be said for Rampage.

The only thing I can say for Jackson is that he beat Ricardo Arona with a huge slam while Henderson lost to the same. I love Jackson and I think UFC should have built him up and over hype him like they did with Chuck Liddell. Its a shame these guys are facing off so soon. Jackson is an "A" fighter in the UFC but was a "B+" fighter in Pride and came over and beat UFC's best, however Henderson was an "A" fighter in Pride so his domination in the UFC will be immediate.

Well, at least we are watching the old pride fighters starting to dominate UFC just like most knew would happen. Jackson and Henderson in the lightheavy's, Shogun in the middleweight division, and if the immortal "Fedor" would come to the UFC, he would also mop up any heavyweight there, and hopfully he does before Nogiera does.

All in all we have a great event tonight and I am very psyched!!! Not only that but its FREE!!!! I have written enough here about this fight and will not go into detail about the undercards, however there are some VERY good under card fights in Cro Cop vs Kongo and Bisping vs Hammel.

Predictions:

Henderson over Jackson (explosion at first, wrestling by Henderson in the later rounds)

Cro Cop over Kongo (should be a slug fest and fun to watch, someone's getting KTFO!!)

Bisping over hammell (boring wrestling match)

Rampage had the edge because he has a better chin and more power. He's also in general bigger, although Hendo has fought and won big matches at 205 before. Couture took Rampage though before the fight, and that's usually a kiss of death for the opponent.

Predictions:

Henderson over Jackson (explosion at first, wrestling by Henderson in the later rounds)

Cro Cop over Kongo (should be a slug fest and fun to watch, someone's getting KTFO!!)

Bisping over hammell (boring wrestling match)

I watched the card and while you are obviously knowledgeable I hope you didn't bet because your predictions were pretty far off. The CroCop fight was the boring one. Bisping-Hammill was a good fight, but I thought it should have gone the other way. It was about 5 am here and I was only up from jetlag, but that's the way I saw it. Jackson is one explosive ****er, and he did a great job. I thought Henderson would handle him, but I always loved Rampage because he's so exciting. He really showed something last night.

I watched the card and while you are obviously knowledgeable I hope you didn't bet because your predictions were pretty far off. The CroCop fight was the boring one. Bisping-Hammill was a good fight, but I thought it should have gone the other way. It was about 5 am here and I was only up from jetlag, but that's the way I saw it. Jackson is one explosive ****er, and he did a great job. I thought Henderson would handle him, but I always loved Rampage because he's so exciting. He really showed something last night.

Yeah, lol. My predictions were way off. Although I am very happy Jackson won, I was rooting for him. Jackson isnt the same fighter he was in Pride, he is VERY much improved and I dont think even the Axe Murderer could beat him. Hammel got HOSED!!! Cro Cop is a has been now.

Yeah, lol. My predictions were way off. Although I am very happy Jackson won, I was rooting for him. Jackson isnt the same fighter he was in Pride, he is VERY much improved and I dont think even the Axe Murderer could beat him. Hammel got HOSED!!! Cro Cop is a has been now.

Hendo was probably Page's biggest challenge. Wandy was on the juice in Pride and benefited from the ring, whereas Rampage is much more well rounded and so can dominate inside the octagon.

Archived