Name 3 Positives

BUM-KNEE

Name 3 positives about our 07 NY JETS team IN YOUR OPINION. There isnt much going on and this might get away from all the negative talk for awhile. Plus Im bored. The more specific the answers the better. Post as many times as you have positives.

My three picks in no particular order are,

1. Mike Nugent is fast becoming one of the more accurate kickers in the league, and has worked this off-season on conditioning and strength. Being able to make the opposing teams start deep in their own end consistantly will pay dividends for our defense, couple that with Nuges string of FGs makes him one of the huge positives.

2. The second year in the Mangini system is a plus by way of getting wrinkles ironed out from last year, and that familiarity will help ease the pain of new wrinkles that have arisen. Not to mention its always good to almost subconsciously know what the guy beside you is gonna think and do.

3. David Harris is one of our up and coming LBs that is a perfect fit for the 3-4, and has already gotten a taste of blood this pre-season. This is going to be heaven watching this kid perfect and perform his craft this year, and when hes out there hunting the ball carrier it is all positive.

1. Nugent - I agree. If he can start getting touchbacks on his kickoffs (in non-pre-season games), he'll finally live up to some of his pre-draft billing.

2. Our WR corps is vastly underrated. One never knows how many more yards they would be capable of if they didn't have to do all curl-patterns or quick 8-yard timing patterns.

3. Our secondary could turn into a very tough unit, particularly once Revis gets his sea legs. It may be hidden by a lack of a pass-rush, but if we get even decent pressure on QB's, they're going to have a tough time completing passes to non-RB's.

I go along with the Revis and Harris calls. To me they look like real nice picks so far. Since they were both obviously targeted, it bodes well for the organization. Especially because last year's targeted pick (Schlegel) was a bust.

I agree with Sperm on the secondary. If Revis can really cover, then with Dyson I think they can man up more often and will be able to manufacture a pass rush by blitzing.

Nugent is also a nice choice, but I'd go for the whole special teams unit. Graham has been good all along. Miller in the pro-bowl and with Stuckey and Revis they added two more solid return men. I particularly like Stuckey on punt returns. Having Thomas Jones allows them to use Leon on returns too, without endangering their only valid back.

I share Bum Knee's hope that a second year under the system means they will be more comfortable and successful, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. Hopefully, that's just the result of vanilla preseason playcalling.

1. Nuge is looking pretty automatic

2. From what we've seen looks like we had another successful draft

3. Kellen Clemens is inching closer as the days go by

What do you base that on? Not being able to beat out Ramsey or having Tui as competition?

What do you base that on? Not being able to beat out Ramsey or having Tui as competition?

you kno what im basing it on, no rookie would be beat out a veteran for the #2 qb spot unless he was drafted to, you need 2 hop off #10's schmeat and give the kid a chance cuz hick pennington is a bum that has done nothing but aggravate jets fans

you kno what im basing it on, no rookie would be beat out a veteran for the #2 qb spot unless he was drafted to, you need 2 hop off #10's schmeat and give the kid a chance cuz hick pennington is a bum that has done nothing but aggravate jets fans

I like Clemens... but he has proven nothing

Three more,

1. Ben Graham punting those hard to handle, odd bouncing punts will further add to our field position battle. As an added bonus, hes liable to clean someones clock on a runback and inspire the hell out of the defense coming in to play.

2. David Bowens whether he lines up at DE or LB, hes going to apply pressure. Great pick-up for pressure lacking defense.

3. Hands down the best fan base any NFL team has, loud and proud green and white people.(different opinons aside)

If you get to the stadium by 8 a.m., chances are you will get to your seat by kickoff, even without a parking pass

We will have a rookie playing LG who never played guard until three weeks ago, but he wont have to face Richard Seymour

We dont have to play Appalachian State this year

3 Positives:

1. Mike Nugent is living up to his 2nd round status, becoming one of the best in the NFL.

2. Kellen Clemens is indeed inching closer, even though we have ecurb sweating his balls off trying to convince us that he's not.

3. Darrelle Revis is all that and a bag of potato chips.

1) Having a FO and CS that you can believe in. They do all the little things and keep their focus on the ultimate goal, you can't ask for more.

2) Having a team full of youthful talent. In two drafts Tangini has brought in Brick, Mangold, KC, B.Smith, Leon, D. Coleman, Revis, Harris, Bender, Stucky in addition to players like Vilma, Rhodes, Miller, Cotchery, NUGE, etc. that already existed on this team. All of these guys are leaders and fierce competitors that have a true passion for the sport.

3) Dismantling the Patriots dominance over the AFC East.... starting tomorrow

1.)Mangini

2.) Darrelle Revis

3.) Knowing we won't have to suffer through a whole season of Chad's mediocrity if, indeed, he continues to be mediocre or worse. No - we don't know for sure that Clemens is the answer to running Shotty's complex offense. But we do know he can run it well enough to get a shot and we have a CS committed to winning football games (see choice #1)