The Alternative view of Chad by Jay Mohr

Kentucky Jet

The Alternative: I'll pass on Pennington

Jay Mohr

Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 12 hours ago

To view links in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

I had my Fantasy Draft this weekend and came to a disturbing discovery. Chad Pennington kind of stinks.

I am, and always have been, a HUGE Jets fan. I grew up with the New York Sack Exchange: Mark Gastineau, Marty Lyons, Abdul Salaam and Joe Klecko. I remember running back Bruce Harper crying after a Monday-night game because it was the first time in his career he had ever been on a team that reached .500.

I remember Johnny "Lam" Jones. I remember Richard Todd guiding the Jets into a playoff slaughter. After Todd, the Jets passed on a guy you may have heard of named Dan Marino and instead picked Ken O'Brien in the '83 draft. Ken O'Brien was a good NFL quarterback, but he wasn't in Marino's league.

These days, I am not sure if Chad Pennington is in Ken O'Brien's league!

We have all heard by now how "smart" Chad Pennington is on the football field. We all have been told

The Alternative: I'll pass on Pennington

Jay Mohr

Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 12 hours ago

To view links in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

I had my Fantasy Draft this weekend and came to a disturbing discovery. Chad Pennington kind of stinks.

I am, and always have been, a HUGE Jets fan. I grew up with the New York Sack Exchange: Mark Gastineau, Marty Lyons, Abdul Salaam and Joe Klecko. I remember running back Bruce Harper crying after a Monday-night game because it was the first time in his career he had ever been on a team that reached .500.

I remember Johnny "Lam" Jones. I remember Richard Todd guiding the Jets into a playoff slaughter. After Todd, the Jets passed on a guy you may have heard of named Dan Marino and instead picked Ken O'Brien in the '83 draft. Ken O'Brien was a good NFL quarterback, but he wasn't in Marino's league.

These days, I am not sure if Chad Pennington is in Ken O'Brien's league!

We have all heard by now how "smart" Chad Pennington is on the football field. We all have been told

Archived