You saw today why the draft was a failure

RunStuffer63

When Tangini took over the Jets it was pretty obvious that the entire team needed to be overhauled...

Every football guy will tell you that when rebuilding a team you start from the lines and work your way up. D'Brick and Mangold were a start, but when you have rookies it is important to surround them with solid veternans so they don't feel like they are on an island.

I don't know if any of you remember this, but John Runyan came close to signing with the Jets during the 2006 offseason. I thought that would have been a terrific addition, and would have made for a solid oline with potential to great.

Unfourtanatley after aceing the offseason last year, Tangini hasn't done nearly as well this season

Kenyon Coleman had 12 tackles today which is probably more than Kimo had in 10 games last year, but New England still ran it down our throats so only time will tell if Kenyon has actually improved the run defense.

Either way Kenyon was the only impact lineman that was brought in this offseason, on a team where it was blatently obvious where the biggest weaknesses were; the oline and dline.

Instead of concentrating on the Meat and Potatoes philosophy that got them to the playoffs last year they started to bring in skill guys when the lines still were not complete.

What happens to a RB when his guards can open holes for him? He can't do much more than fall forward

What happenes to CB when his dline can't generate any sort of pass rush? He is in a never ending battle that he just can't win.

What happens to a LB when the NT is non existent? The best he can do is make the tackle 5 yards upfield.

From here on out.. I want to accumulate dlineman and olineman...

When Tangini took over the Jets it was pretty obvious that the entire team needed to be overhauled...

Every football guy will tell you that when rebuilding a team you start from the lines and work your way up. D'Brick and Mangold were a start, but when you have rookies it is important to surround them with solid veternans so they don't feel like they are on an island.

I don't know if any of you remember this, but John Runyan came close to signing with the Jets during the 2006 offseason. I thought that would have been a terrific addition, and would have made for a solid oline with potential to great.

Unfourtanatley after aceing the offseason last year, Tangini hasn't done nearly as well this season

Kenyon Coleman had 12 tackles today which is probably more than Kimo had in 10 games last year, but New England still ran it down our throats so only time will tell if Kenyon has actually improved the run defense.

Either way Kenyon was the only impact lineman that was brought in this offseason, on a team where it was blatently obvious where the biggest weaknesses were; the oline and dline.

Instead of concentrating on the Meat and Potatoes philosophy that got them to the playoffs last year they started to bring in skill guys when the lines still were not complete.

What happens to a RB when his guards can open holes for him? He can't do much more than fall forward

What happenes to CB when his dline can't generate any sort of pass rush? He is in a never ending battle that he just can't win.

What happens to a LB when the NT is non existent? The best he can do is make the tackle 5 yards upfield.

From here on out.. I want to accumulate dlineman and olineman...

Alright, after reading these posts and not seeing the game, I see that almost everyone that posts here, whether they will admit it or not, knew that the o and d line were going to be weak. I kept asking myself during the off season when are we going to sign some d linemen that can play. And was really hoping we drafted some more o linemen. This problem won't go away till we get some new blood in here.

the pats didn't run on us as well as many people think. maroney had like 20+ for like 70 yards. That's not that good. Those 2 big plays were the difference.

You must have been watching a different game than I was.

The D stopped them exactly twice. Once when Welker dropped a wide open pass and once when there was a bad snap on a FG attempt. That's it. We can't stop the run and I swear Brady was back there eating a sandwich on every pass play. Barrett does suck, but no one could cover WRs when the QB has 10 seconds every play.

We have a myriad of problems. We can't run the ball, and I'm not entirely blaming it on the O-line. We have no home run threat (please don't even try to tell me that Coles is one) and when the defense can keep everyone within 8 yards of the LOS, you're not going to be able to run it.

There is no excuse for giving up a 108 yard KO. None.

They were outplayed and outcoached in every phase of the game. At one point CBS showed their next 6 games and the only one I thought we could win was Miami, and I'm not even sure about that.

Going to be a long season.

You must have been watching a different game than I was.

The D stopped them exactly twice. Once when Welker dropped a wide open pass and once when there was a bad snap on a FG attempt. That's it. We can't stop the run and I swear Brady was back there eating a sandwich on every pass play. Barrett does suck, but no one could cover WRs when the QB has 10 seconds every play.

We have a myriad of problems. We can't run the ball, and I'm not entirely blaming it on the O-line. We have no home run threat (please don't even try to tell me that Coles is one) and when the defense can keep everyone within 8 yards of the LOS, you're not going to be able to run it.

There is no excuse for giving up a 108 yard KO. None.

They were outplayed and outcoached in every phase of the game. At one point CBS showed their next 6 games and the only one I thought we could win was Miami, and I'm not even sure about that.

Going to be a long season.

I think after the third game of the preseason it was pretty obvious that it was going to be a long season... Hopefully the Jets can get lucky for a change and draft a stud.

Either way it feels like 2005 all over again..

Archived