FA Blunders

madmike1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember when I was going nuts during the FA period because this team had EVERY CHANCE to use their loads of cap room to improve the O and D lines and didn't? I do...

There was no sense in bringing in 30+ yr old linebackers when your team is years away from competing.

Remember when I was going nuts during the FA period because this team had EVERY CHANCE to use their loads of cap room to improve the O and D lines and didn't? I do...

Madmike, don't hurt yourself too badly patting yourself on the back.

The Jets just lost to the Patriots, badly. No one cares about your "I was right, I was right!" rants.

Madmike, don't hurt yourself too badly patting yourself on the back.

The Jets just lost to the Patriots, badly. No one cares about your "I was right, I was right!" rants.

Except I was right. If this team had paid attention to the oline that it deserved maybe they wouldn't have embarrassed themselves today.

Except I was right. If this team had paid attention to the oline that it deserved maybe they wouldn't have embarrassed themselves today.

Madmike, you were not the only one who made this prediction. Countless numbers of Jets fans were wondering why the OL was neglected, and you can probably find evidence of that in the archives of this message board.

maybe if we just fuucking drafted T.Brady... Get over it man.

If only we would have stoped the run

If only we would have stoped the 108 yd kickoff return

If only we would have contained Moss

If only D.Barrett wraped up and made the tackle instead of giving Welker a TD

If only Mangini would have went for it on 4th down and 1...

We lost... And we lost in more ways than just the O-Line.

Time to move on and focus on Baltimore.

Madmike, you were not the only one who made this prediction. Countless numbers of Jets fans were wondering why the OL was neglected, and you can probably find evidence of that in the archives of this message board.

seems to me we need a real NT just as much as an OG. Our pass rush is anemic too.

Forget Thomas. What about all the Olinemen who they could've signed and would've been HUGE upgrades over the refuse they are sending out there?

Like who, the great Marc Columbo? Cmon man.

I think this year in FA they make a big splash. Maybe Terrell Suggs, or that RT on the Bengals Stacy Andrews.

We dont need FAs. We need to develop as many young players as possible. We have to draft well. Using cap money on a particular player would not have mattered today. Unless it was Randy Moss :)

Using cap money? What exactly did we gain by being $10M under the cap this season? Not a ****ing thing, that's what. We could have paid Kendall, we could have signed Steinbach or one of the other overpriced guards that switched teams in the off-season. Any one of them would have been an enormous upgrade over Adrien Clarke who so many determined would jump start our running game "because he looks so big." ****, they went into the season naked at LG.

With a decent LG, we probably still would have lost, but it would have been less of an embarrassment.

Using cap money? What exactly did we gain by being $10M under the cap this season? Not a ****ing thing, that's what. We could have paid Kendall, we could have signed Steinbach or one of the other overpriced guards that switched teams in the off-season. Any one of them would have been an enormous upgrade over Adrien Clarke who so many determined would jump start our running game "because he looks so big." ****, they went into the season naked at LG.

Justin Blalock. Why in the bloody hell, couldn't we draft him.

With a decent LG, we probably still would have lost, but it would have been less of an embarrassment.

I am assuming the FO has a plan for the money - ie, signing Rhodes to a long term deal.

Enlighten me, what offensive or Defensive lineman was out there to improve us. If nothing else, we signed every friggin DL available.

OL:

Kris Dielman

Eric Steinbach

Luke Petitgout

Mike Gandy

Alan Faneca (in a trade)

Leonard Davis

Marc Colombo

Jordan Black

Derrick Dockery

Dwayne Carswell

DL:

Anthony Adams

Patrick Kerney

Dwight Freeney

Robaire Smith

Dewayne White

Ian Scott

Adalius Thomas

Yeah but besides those guys who else could Mike Tanenbaum have possibly signed?

OL:

Kris Dielman

Eric Steinbach

Luke Petitgout

Mike Gandy

Alan Faneca (in a trade)

Leonard Davis

Marc Colombo

Jordan Black

Derrick Dockery

Dwayne Carswell

DL:

Anthony Adams

Patrick Kerney

Dwight Freeney

Robaire Smith

Dewayne White

Ian Scott

Adalius Thomas

What good is cap room if you don't use it? Whats worse? Overpaying for players or sucking?

Yep..and I also remember how you called Wes Welker the most overrated WR in a MASSIVELY overrated group. Don't forget to bring that to our attention throughout the season as well.

Good call on Adelius Thomas though.

Yep..and I also remember how you called Wes Welker the most overrated WR in a MASSIVELY overrated group. Don't forget to bring that to our attention throughout the season as well.

Good call on Adelius Thomas though.

Wes Welker sucks. Giving up a 2nd for him makes no sense whatsoever. The fact that David Barrett doesn't belong in a lower division college secondary and couldn't make an easy tackle doesn't really change that.

Stallworth is garbage too.

Moss looks very good today but he was going against crap most of thel game so we're gonna have to wait and see on that one. Their WR's making plays was a byproduct of the jets pathetic pass rush.

Wes Welker sucks. Giving up a 2nd for him makes no sense whatsoever. The fact that David Barrett doesn't belong in a lower division college secondary and couldn't make an easy tackle doesn't really change that.

And Randy Moss? He's part of that MASSIVELY overrated group as well. Don't forget, there are 15 games left and we'll have time to see just how Wes Welker and the rest of that group does.

OL:

Kris Dielman

Eric Steinbach

Luke Petitgout

Mike Gandy

Alan Faneca (in a trade)

Leonard Davis

Marc Colombo

Jordan Black

Derrick Dockery

Dwayne Carswell

DL:

Anthony Adams

Patrick Kerney

Dwight Freeney

Robaire Smith

Dewayne White

Ian Scott

Adalius Thomas

yeah, some of those guys would be even worse options than what we have in right now.

Some of those players, like Luke Petitgout for example, could have been had very cheaply. Still, I'd rather the Jets overpay for a Kris Dielman or Eric Steinbach than start cheap garbage like Adrian Clarke.

Didn't Dielman choose to stay with the Chargers? And didn't Steinbach go to Cleveland? Yeah, they looked really good today. One game won't make give up on the CS or FO because some people who like to play GM in Madden think they know more than the people in charge of this team.

Didn't Dielman choose to stay with the Chargers? And didn't Steinbach go to Cleveland? Yeah, they looked really good today. One game won't make give up on the CS or FO because some people who like to play GM in Madden think they know more than the people in charge of this team.

If you think Adrian Clarke is a better option than Kris Dielman or Eric Steinbach, who both, especially Steinbacj, could have been had for the right price, then you are seriously smoking rocks. And enough with the lame "you just play Madden" insults. Just b/c you disagree with someone doesn't mean they play Madden all day. Didn't SouthernJet abuse that stupid stuff to death like 2 years ago?

Justin Blalock. Why in the bloody hell, couldn't we draft him.

We can't draft everyone Ghost. As it is we only had 4 picks with all the wheelin and dealin. Overall I think we had a very good draft. Would I have liked Blalock? Yes but then would you give up Revis for him? :confused0006:

Archived