With the DEFENSEthat we had today ......

joiseyjet

Any NFL QB would look great with that kind of time.

Yea I know that... But th Pats O-Line is GREAT.

I understand the way Mangini had us play D this game... I really do. If you let Brady stay in the pocket, he will pick the D apart just like he did... But if you Blitz Brady... He will kill you, just like he did with Moss down the middle of the field.

I understand the way Mangini had us play D this game... I really do. If you let Brady stay in the pocket, he will pick the D apart just like he did... But if you Blitz Brady... He will kill you, just like he did with Moss down the middle of the field.

If it was great this would be easier to take but it's not. Did you even watch the game we beat them last year? There were jets in Cindy's face ALL DAY. THATS how we will have to beat them.

I never thought in a million years that Brady and Moss would look so great. But I still feel we can win the AFC East, lol

Hmmm now think about this for a minute. We have Brady, preety much one of the best QB's of all time, and might go down the best QB ever by the time he retires. And than we got Moss, when he's healthy and happy, is probably the best WR in the league, and Moss isn't even 100%. How can you think their not going to do good together ? That's out my mind.

See thats why I disagree... As you make it clear, there's no way to contain Brady when he's got Moss and Stallworth to throw to and Maroney in his backfield. So the only way to stop him is to force mistakes. It's awfully hard to force mistakes when you give a QB (especially one of Brady's caliber) that much time to throw the ball.

Sure, Moss might've killed us if we sent guys more often...But what difference would it make? Its not like we contained him at all by playing this pussy Hermesque zone defense. Plus, at least if we blitzed and they burned us, it wouldve been over quick instead of dragged out and the lead slowly adding like it happened today...

Poor secondary work.

Revis matched up with Moss on the Jets first defensive series was wild.

That's quite the 'Welcome to the NFL' moment.

At least he was jamming him at the line, which a good number of our guys didn't do.

How is the secondary supposed to run around with guys like Moss, Stallworth and Welker for 5 minutes a play and worry about the run if we backed up too much to guard the pass?

its the DL thats at fault here...

Miller had poor coverage on Moss on that one play down the sideline.

2-10-NE 39 (2:20) 12-T.Brady pass deep right to 81-R.Moss to NYJ 28 for 33 yards (22-J.Miller).

The coverage on his TD catch was shoddy too.

Miller refuses to play with his head on a swivel -- that is poor secondary play.

See thats why I disagree... As you make it clear, there's no way to contain Brady when he's got Moss and Stallworth to throw to and Maroney in his backfield. So the only way to stop him is to force mistakes. It's awfully hard to force mistakes when you give a QB (especially one of Brady's caliber) that much time to throw the ball.

Sure, Moss might've killed us if we sent guys more often...But what difference would it make? Its not like we contained him at all by playing this pussy Hermesque zone defense. Plus, at least if we blitzed and they burned us, it wouldve been over quick instead of dragged out and the lead slowly adding like it happened today...

The only way to beat them is to outscore them and swarm them on defense. The Chargers will probably lose next week because Rivers is garbage. LT will get his 3 TDs but the pats will get 4 as a team.

I'd feel a whole lot better if we would have put him on the ground a few times with a blitzing defense even if he did wind up picking us apart. At least we would have a shot of putting some hurt on him.

Archived