The Patsys Cheat??? Shocking...Merged X6

madmike1

Did some checking, the Pats can forfeit the game!!!!!!!! I really think the Jets FO should push this to the hilt!!!

I agree. Nothing would be more comical than a bunch of Jets fans thumping their chests over a game that they got their a$$es handed to them in. It's not like the 1 "loss" would make or break our season.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ooohhh, they could lose a draft pick.

Are they going to call Bellichick's mom too? She might take the smiley-face he earned off her fridge.

I've wondered many times how easy it would be to tap into those motorola headsets they wear.

Yes me too, its not like its impossible to intercept the signal.

I just heard on the radio that Goodall is so pissed over Pats video taping (apparently the camera confiscated was 100% on the coaches signal motions) that he is considering a forfeit.

Its the 3rd 'stealing signals' violation for Pats in 2 or 3 years, I forget what they said.

On the table, is severe draft pick loss, but after the players discipline issues this year, aka vick, and the NFLs kickass attitude, Goodell is pushing for a forfeit to show he isnt just tough on players voiolations.

This is going to get interesting.

How many other games has the Pats done this???

We could be 1-0 in a day or so.

I gotta be honest, and let me preface this by saying I think the Pats would have beaten us no matter what, but I feel this is a major offense. If you have 2 even skilled team, the one that knows the other teams signals is going to suddenly have an emormous advantage. Seriously, you now know every play the opposition is going to call. That to me is a blatant form of cheating that should be punished by automatic forfeit. I don't even care about the W for the Jets, but a message needs to be sent to all teams that cheating like that is unacceptable, and just as bad for the game as steroids-if not worse.

The radio said the NFL has proof of not only the video stealing of signals,, bjut they also have proof of radio frequency stealing also,,so not only signals but they were more than likely tapping the Jets headsets,,

Now we know why the Pats have won so many SuperBowls,,they are freaking CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just heard on the radio that Goodall is so pissed over Pats video taping (apparently the camera confiscated was 100% on the coaches signal motions) that he is considering a forfeit.

Its the 3rd 'stealing signals' violation for Pats in 2 or 3 years, I forget what they said.

On the table, is severe draft pick loss, but after the players discipline issues this year, aka vick, and the NFLs kickass attitude, Goodell is pushing for a forfeit to show he isnt just tough on players voiolations.

This is going to get interesting.

How many other games has the Pats done this???

We could be 1-0 in a day or so.

is this true SE?

I don't want a win in this manner, but what a ****ty thing to do.

I did'nt think it was possible, but Little Bill has sunk to a new low.

He's just a thief.

1. Million Dollars from a dying old man

2. Some poor guys wife

3. Signals and signs from the Jets.

What a piece of ****.

from profootballtalk.com

NEW ENGLAND SPY SCANDAL GATHERS MOMENTUM

On Sunday, Dan Leberfeld of Scout.com reported on suspicions that an employee of the New England Patriots had been stealing signals from the Jets' sideline. The notion that the person would venture onto the New York sideline to obtain images of the signals made no sense to us.

Now, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that NFL security confiscated a video camera and a videotape from a Patriots' employee who was on the Patriots' sideline.

Per Mortensen, the camera and the tape were placed into a sealed box and shipped to the league office for further review.

Mort's version makes a lot more sense -- if someone is going to record signals, it's not going to happen on the opposing team's sideline. The images will be shot from the safety of the sideline of the team for which the person with the camera works.

In 2006, the Patriots reportedly caused a "sternly written letter" regarding the videotaping of signals and/or play-calling gestures. Also, Mortensen mentions that a similar incident occurred last year, when the Patriots played at Lambeau field.

Since quarterbacks have radios in their helmets, the only signals to be stolen would relate to calls made on defense.

Stuff like this usually gets brushed under the rug, due in part (in our opinion) to the reluctance of the league office to air dirty laundry. If, however, the tape in that camera shows that the person using it was making like Brodie at Deathblow, the league might have no choice but to take action.

Especially in a climate where Commissioner Roger Goodell is smacking down players who misbehave.

The radio said the NFL has proof of not only the video stealing of signals,, bjut they also have proof of radio frequency stealing also,,so not only signals but they were more than likely tapping the Jets headsets,,

Now we know why the Pats have won so many SuperBowls,,they are freaking CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

throw in the increased likelihood of serious injury to the opposing team, and there could be ammunition for a severe penalty.

While I'd like to see the Pats get TRULY punished for this sort of crap, I really don't want to be handed a freebie like this.

The Jets are 0-1. We lost. Not because of signals, but because we played like ****.

There is truth in what you are saying. I don't want a win like this either.

However, if they knew the defensive alignments, or where we were blitzing from, that's a huge advantage.

A forfeit is out of teh realm of sanity but a severe judgement is not.

Players get suspended for taking steroids and creating an imbalance of competition?

Anyone associated with gambling and making an appearnce of impropriety of teh game is banished from teh league?

This is not far off from those transgressions.

Ask the NBA. Once your league is tarnished because of a sense of a slanted field, it is tough to wipe that tarnish away.

Personally, I thought the Jets were getting piped in some of the KC Chiefs plays and calls.

A forfeit is out of teh realm of sanity but a severe judgement is not.

Players get suspended for taking steroids and creating an imbalance of competition?

Anyone associated with gambling and making an appearnce of impropriety of teh game is banished from teh league?

This is not far off from those transgressions.

Ask the NBA. Once your league is tarnished because of a sense of a slanted field, it is tough to wipe that tarnish away.

Personally, I thought the Jets were getting piped in some of the KC Chiefs plays and calls.[/quote]

awesome. just awesome. potwn.

While I'd like to see the Pats get TRULY punished for this sort of crap, I really don't want to be handed a freebie like this.

The Jets are 0-1. We lost. Not because of signals, but because we played like ****.

A win is a win. I really don't give a **** how we get it. They cheated. Blatantly cheated. So THEY deserve a win and we don't? Screw that.

A win is a win. I really don't give a **** how we get it. They cheated. Blatantly cheated. So THEY deserve a win and we don't? Screw that.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this. It is a hard decision to make. The jets don't really deserve the win because we played like ****, but the patriots don't deserve it either if they were cheating. Maybe give both teams a tie, punish the pats in other ways and move on.

Archived