Worst Person(s) In The NFL

Maxman

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok now that is bull****. Joe Montana has a lot more pocket awareness, a quicker release, and a better arm. I counted at least 2 sacks that a QB in Montana's class simply would not have been sacked on. I understand your point but you need to understand that Chad is not in that league. Granted even Montana likely loses that game because the defense isn't stopping anyone, but Montana would post up more than 2 TDs and likely would not have gotten himself injured, the ball would have been out of his hands.

Again, that is your opinion and you have a right to that...I have a right to my opinion and while some of you younger guys think you have the answers as to why the Jets suck, here's a news bulletin for you...you don't!

When I was younger, I thought I had the answers as well and guess what, I didn't...still don't. We can argue until the cows come home and when they do, the Jets will still suck. I was 20 when the Jets won the SB and wasn't here to enjoy that date in time...39 years later and I wonder if I'll live long enough to see them win one that I can see up close and personal and the way things are going, it doesn't look that way.

But hey, you guys keep telling yourself you have all the answers and before you know it, you'll be my age still looking for a SB victory and I'll be in the bone orchard.

Who really wants to see someone get hurt playign a game? Who would really be happy to see any player on the team they root for to get hurt?

Some of us have our issues with Chad but nobody wants the guy to get hurt ,especially after what he has been through.

Anyone who is saying Chad isn't good or not the right Qb is not saying we want him to get hurt . We were not the ones cheering today. So let's not take out your frustration with those fans with the Anti-Pennington club here.

Who really wants to see someone get hurt playign a game? Who would really be happy to see any player on the team they root for to get hurt?

Some of us have our issues with Chad but nobody wants the guy to get hurt ,especially after what he has been through.

Anyone who is saying Chad isn't good or not the right Qb is not saying we want him to get hurt . We were not the ones cheering today. So let's not take out your frustration with those fans with the Anti-Pennington club here.

See, I may not be in the official Anti-Pennington club, but I've never been a big Pennington fan either. All I'm saying is, I can't put any blame for this loss on Chad today...that's all.

Again, that is your opinion and you have a right to that...I have a right to my opinion and while some of you younger guys think you have the answers as to why the Jets suck, here's a news bulletin for you...you don't!

When I was younger, I thought I had the answers as well and guess what, I didn't...still don't. We can argue until the cows come home and when they do, the Jets will still suck. I was 20 when the Jets won the SB and wasn't here to enjoy that date in time...39 years later and I wonder if I'll live long enough to see them win one that I can see up close and personal and the way things are going, it doesn't look that way.

But hey, you guys keep telling yourself you have all the answers and before you know it, you'll be my age still looking for a SB victory and I'll be in the bone orchard.

Why don't you practice what you preach? You certainly aren't respecting 124's right to an opinion are you? And it sure as hell doesn't look like you respect mine since you just told me I don't know what I'm talking about. Why should I respect yours then? You're not trying to debate something here, you're trying to force your opinion in as fact, and when you get challenged you're immediately trying to play the victim.

I don't care how old you are, what does that have to do with anything?

Fact is Chad Pennington is not as good as Joe Montana, and Joe Montana would have played better than him. That doesn't mean Chad was at fault for the loss or that Joe would have WON the game, it just means he would have played better, and probably wouldn't have gotten injured because if you've ever watched Montana play you know he would have stepped up and the ball would have been out of there before he got touched on the play Chad got injured. Chad had 5 seconds yet his internal timer seemingly did not go off, it's like he just got confused and gave up because he didn't know where to go with the ball.

Despite what some people seem to think here, you CAN root for Chad while acknowledging the all time great NFL Qbs are better than him.

See, I may not be in the official Anti-Pennington club, but I've never been a big Pennington fan either. All I'm saying is, I can't put any blame for this loss on Chad today...that's all.

As a founding member of this club...I can't put the blame on chad either. How can you blame the guy? Our O-line sucked...the only thing that sucked worse was the sorry excuse for a D-line. If Joe Montana and Peyton Manning could artificially inseminate Monica seles , THAT baby wouldn't have been able to win with that line.

I'm going to ignore the part about how it means nothing how far back I go because while you're enjoying your life right now, when I was your age, I was full of shrapnel in my arm and leg, but that's not for this forum...anyway, how the frill could Chad have done more today when the O line didn't show up? Joe Montana couldn't have survived the BS that was coming at Chad today.

I guess you missed the part where 124 told all of us that the offensive lines blocking wasn't that bad today...must be time for me to get a new TV because they sure looked terrible on my set.

I'm not saying he's not and i have a lot of respect for chad. I'm saying that people here are misinterpreting the reasons the crowd cheered.

I'm not misinterpreting hearing fans behind me screaming "thank God Clemens is coming in", and several other phrases. I'm not misinterpreting a fan waving a Pennington jersey in my face as I was coming down the escalator saying he's done and the Clemens era is finally starting just because I was wearing a Pennington jersey.

I know not everyone was cheering when Chad got hurt because I know I wasn't. But I do know there were plenty of people cheering because he got hurt. Don't try to tell me otherwise. I know what I heard.

Yes because QB Rating and Completion Percentage for a guy who 99% of his throws are 5-10 yards down the field really measure up to how good of a Quarterback he is.:character42:

Holy christ. A lot of Jets fans need to get off this QB Rating and Completion Percentage crap. You, me, ecurb, Barton, madmike, Max, Smizzy, Faba, ANYONE on this board can go 16-21 when you're dumping it and letting the receivers run. Chad made two nice throws today, TWO, the rest were dumpoffs.

I am so tired of hearing this crap about QB Rating. Chad lead this team TO 14 POINTS, THAT IS THE ONLY STAT THAT F'ING MATTERS.

14 POINTS

14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't win **** when you score 14 in the majority of NFL games.

San Diego scored 14 and they won today.

14 would have beaten the Eagles too. Tennessee and Jacksonville too. 14 would have beaten New Orleans as well. Cleveland, KC, Atlanta, St. Louis, and Tampa. Eleven teams scored less than 14 points this first week.

Of course, those teams weren't playing the team that most of the football world has picked to win the Super Bowl this year either. Unfortunately, we had that honor.

14 would have beaten the Eagles too. Tennessee and Jacksonville too. 14 would have beaten New Orleans as well. Cleveland, KC, Atlanta, St. Louis, and Tampa. Eleven teams scored less than 14 points this first week.

Of course, those teams weren't playing the team that most of the football world has picked to win the Super Bowl this year either. Unfortunately, we had that honor.

Funny you say that. Chargers, Eagles, and Saints are all playoff teams--while Jax and St Louis have what it takes to get there.

Note--KC was there last year, but come on...the Chiefs wont sniff .500 much less the playoffs this year.

Note--KC was there last year, but come on...the Chiefs wont sniff .500 much less the playoffs this year.

That was one of the things making today bearable. Looking at the scoreboard and seeing Herm's Chiefs getting embarrassed on opening day...as usual. The other bright spot was the Flight Crew...lol.

Are 1-yard dumpoffs that Leon takes 11 or 16 yards still considered 11- and 16-yard passes by Chadophiles citing stats as proof of a good yards-per-pass? How about dump-off's to Cotchery that he runs 7 yards with to turn into 9- or 11-yard passes?

The "no other QB would have done any better with that OL" is garbage. Chad is as immobile as people used to complain Vinnie was. The only difference is CP seems immune to this criticism. He stands there like a statue just like Vinnie or O'Brien or take your pick. Other QB's have talent to deal with this; not all of them just stand there. Some step up in the pocket & get rid of the ball; some roll out. And some...well some just stand there & get their clocks cleaned if no one gets open on 5-8-yard patterns.

Don't get me wrong; it's in no way only Chad's fault. The O-line IS crap. But there were plenty of plays with 1 safety deep & this supposedly brilliant, I-have-authority-to-audible, gutsy "warrior" really challenged them deep exactly zero times. I think there was one 17-yarder to Coles & I can't remember another 10-yard pass ATTEMPT all day.

I just watched the Giants-Dallas game & watched 2 QB's - both of whom are supposedly much worse than Pennington according to people who post here - complete several passes that Chad wouldn't even dare attempt. Our offense just has no teeth with him out there.

And quite honestly, it's friggin' boring. As someone who watches football for pleasure, I could EASILY overlook boringness on offense if we turned it into a superbowl like Pittsburgh or Baltimore. But we're nowhere near that good overall & our offense has been a big snoozefest for most of the past 3-4 years. The common denominator has been the quarterback.

There were a LOT worse players on the field than Pennington today. Anyone who says differently simply hates Chad more than they like the Jets. And anyone loudly cheering for his - or any player's - injury is a piece of sh*t. I think the guy's mediocre as a QB, but Christ - the guy plays for the Jets, not the Taliban. Cheering because he got injured?

That being said, I doubt Olberman, or any other "objective" journalists looking to play the roles of the crusaders of morality & wisdom, surveyed the crowd to determine, after the sack, how many cheers were from Jets fans & how many were from Patriot fans. Or do they, & the overwhelming MINORITY of people cheering, just - to make a good story - get lumped in with the whole crowd to make us all out like typical NY'ers that everyone should therefore appropriately detest.

San Diego scored 14 against a team we scored 0 on last year.

As a relatively new fan I'm glad to have found a passion for Jets football, but what the home crowd did today was just disgusting. A rotten crown to a horrible drubbing. There's still 15 games to play but today's the kind of thing that sets the tone for an infamously bad season, I sincerely hope we rebound.

And for the matter, I love Chad. Sure he doesn't always have the most precision passing arm, but his leadership since 2002 I deeply admire. He made a great comeback last year, won the damn award, and this is how fans greet his injury? NO ONE was protecting him on the play.

At least the Dolphucks lost in overtime...

Are 1-yard dumpoffs that Leon takes 11 or 16 yards still considered 11- and 16-yard passes by Chadophiles citing stats as proof of a good yards-per-pass? How about dump-off's to Cotchery that he runs 7 yards with to turn into 9- or 11-yard passes?

The "no other QB would have done any better with that OL" is garbage. Chad is as immobile as people used to complain Vinnie was. The only difference is CP seems immune to this criticism. He stands there like a statue just like Vinnie or O'Brien or take your pick. Other QB's have talent to deal with this; not all of them just stand there. Some step up in the pocket & get rid of the ball; some roll out. And some...well some just stand there & get their clocks cleaned if no one gets open on 5-8-yard patterns.

Don't get me wrong; it's in no way only Chad's fault. The O-line IS crap. But there were plenty of plays with 1 safety deep & this supposedly brilliant, I-have-authority-to-audible, gutsy "warrior" really challenged them deep exactly zero times. I think there was one 17-yarder to Coles & I can't remember another 10-yard pass ATTEMPT all day.

I just watched the Giants-Dallas game & watched 2 QB's - both of whom are supposedly much worse than Pennington according to people who post here - complete several passes that Chad wouldn't even dare attempt. Our offense just has no teeth with him out there.

And quite honestly, it's friggin' boring. As someone who watches football for pleasure, I could EASILY overlook boringness on offense if we turned it into a superbowl like Pittsburgh or Baltimore. But we're nowhere near that good overall & our offense has been a big snoozefest for most of the past 3-4 years. The common denominator has been the quarterback.

There were a LOT worse players on the field than Pennington today. Anyone who says differently simply hates Chad more than they like the Jets. And anyone loudly cheering for his - or any player's - injury is a piece of sh*t. I think the guy's mediocre as a QB, but Christ - the guy plays for the Jets, not the Taliban. Cheering because he got injured?

That being said, I doubt Olberman, or any other "objective" journalists looking to play the roles of the crusaders of morality & wisdom, surveyed the crowd to determine, after the sack, how many cheers were from Jets fans & how many were from Patriot fans. Or do they, & the overwhelming MINORITY of people cheering, just - to make a good story - get lumped in with the whole crowd to make us all out like typical NY'ers that everyone should therefore appropriately detest.

POTW

POTM

POTY

Except when used as an excuse for Chad and the offense of course.

Well, if you really want to go back to last year, the Pats only gave up a ridiculously low amount of TD passes and Chad has four of them. I think it was 4 out of 10 or something like that.

But I really don't care about what happened in the previous season. Last year is done, I only care about this year. I don't care about last year's stats or last year's record.

I was cheering Chad for saving the team a timeout, I thought he was pretty badass for being able to get off the field.

You only have to spend a timeout on an injured player if it's in the last two minutes of the half.Chad wouldn't of costed us a timeout if he couldn't get off the field.

Why don't you practice what you preach? You certainly aren't respecting 124's right to an opinion are you? And it sure as hell doesn't look like you respect mine since you just told me I don't know what I'm talking about. Why should I respect yours then? You're not trying to debate something here, you're trying to force your opinion in as fact, and when you get challenged you're immediately trying to play the victim.

I don't care how old you are, what does that have to do with anything?

Fact is Chad Pennington is not as good as Joe Montana, and Joe Montana would have played better than him. That doesn't mean Chad was at fault for the loss or that Joe would have WON the game, it just means he would have played better, and probably wouldn't have gotten injured because if you've ever watched Montana play you know he would have stepped up and the ball would have been out of there before he got touched on the play Chad got injured. Chad had 5 seconds yet his internal timer seemingly did not go off, it's like he just got confused and gave up because he didn't know where to go with the ball.

Despite what some people seem to think here, you CAN root for Chad while acknowledging the all time great NFL Qbs are better than him.

You certainly like to put your own spin on what I was saying...I give you credit for that. Where in any of my posts did I say that Pennington was as good or better than Montana? Show me. All I'm saying (and it's an opinion) is that behind that line yesterday, Montana wouldn't have faired any better.

Now, if you want to say yes, he would have, that's your opinion. My opinion is that no one could have had positive results behind that line.

Did you ever see Namath play? How the hell do you think he would have performed yesterday? His knees could probably tell you.

This is an easy nonsense story for the lazy media to write-callous, nasty jets fans.I concede-there were some tools at the game who embarrassed themselves, but it wasn't everyone. And even Pennington acknowledged he swas similarly cheered wehn he firt eneter an NFL game like Clemens.

Bottom line-Mangini will decide which QB gives him the best chances to win every Sunday. The rest of it is window dressing. And unless the jets can generate a pass rush, the Ravens(no 1960s AFL offense) figure to see if they can keep big and slow Steve McNair upright enough to pick the Jets apart.

This is an easy nonsense story for the lazy media to write-callous, nasty jets fans.I concede-there were some tools at the game who embarrassed themselves, but it wasn't everyone. And even Pennington acknowledged he swas similarly cheered wehn he firt eneter an NFL game like Clemens.

Bottom line-Mangini will decide which QB gives him the best chances to win every Sunday. The rest of it is window dressing. And unless the jets can generate a pass rush, the Ravens(no 1960s AFL offense) figure to see if they can keep big and slow Steve McNair upright enough to pick the Jets apart.

You're 100% correct...all of us are just frustrated on what went down yesterday and are doing our best to get under each others skin which is not going to solve anything. We are not the problem solvers as you stated.

Using that logic them Montana would lose damn near 1/2 of his passing yards. Jerry Rice routinely turned those under 10 yard throws into 20, 30, 40 and beyond gains. Almost every QB would lose a pretty substantial amount of yardage.

Not saying that this is not a problem for Chad. It is. I would like to see him do exactly as you said later in your post. But it certainly didn't happen and probably won't happen.

You certainly like to put your own spin on what I was saying...I give you credit for that. Where in any of my posts did I say that Pennington was as good or better than Montana? Show me. All I'm saying (and it's an opinion) is that behind that line yesterday, Montana wouldn't have faired any better.

Now, if you want to say yes, he would have, that's your opinion. My opinion is that no one could have had positive results behind that line.

Did you ever see Namath play? How the hell do you think he would have performed yesterday? His knees could probably tell you.

Night-If you put the name Pennington and Montana in the same post you are comparing them. It doesn't matter if you post "Chad had two TD's today". Then later in your post put "btw I think Joe Montana farted today". You have compared them.

But you are right the outcome would have been the same regardless. An embarrassing loss. I don't care who was playing QB.

Using that logic them Montana would lose damn near 1/2 of his passing yards. Jerry Rice routinely turned those under 10 yard throws into 20, 30, 40 and beyond gains. Almost every QB would lose a pretty substantial amount of yardage.

Not saying that this is not a problem for Chad. It is. I would like to see him do exactly as you said later in your post. But it certainly didn't happen and probably won't happen.

Turning 10-12 yards past the LOS into 30+ is not the same as turning 1-2 yards past the LOS into 10-16. He also used to LEAD his receivers on those crossing patterns so they didn't have to break stride. Further, Montana didn't have nearly the same air under his passes that Chad does on mid-range passes. He may not have had the cannon that some others possess, but Montana had plenty of arm.

C'mon bro. No more Montana comparisons.

Turning 10-12 yards past the LOS into 30+ is not the same as turning 1-2 yards past the LOS into 10-16. He also used to LEAD his receivers on those crossing patterns so they didn't have to break stride. Further, Montana didn't have nearly the same air under his passes that Chad does on mid-range passes. He may not have had the cannon that some others possess, but Montana had plenty of arm.

Heck, I love 10-16 yard plays. Where do I sign up?

SP, 100% RIGHT....

Heck, I love 10-16 yard plays. Where do I sign up?

Hey, if it happened all the time I'd sign up also - if we were passing all the time. But you know perfectly well that doesn't do diddly to help soften the defense up for the ground game. All here who want to see Chad Pennington throw 40 passes per game raise your hands.

These Montana comparisons are getting sillier every day.

I agree with the above except yards after catch are yards after catch. I agree that Montana could deliver the ball the way it needed to be delivered. I never said he didn't.

I not sure if you read my post. I agreed with you on your original post except for that example. I just think that example is not the best one. I was referring to yards after catch. Nothing else. I said Montana because he was the beneficiary of Rice breaking huge gains seemingly every game. Turning that little cut across the middle or the slant where the ball traveled no more than 3-5 yards from the LOS into huge gains. Those plays were used every game. Steve Young made out on them too. It is a tribute to the abilities of players involved. Truthfully I am not sure if Chad could pull that off either because you have to deliver the ball with some velocity. Timing has to be near perfect. But I also said that most QB's would be giving up a lot of yards if you took away the yards after catch. I was taking you literally and not reading other things into your post.

Archived