Tom Brady may have sold his soul to satan

bitonti

he's just that good

we can sit here and talk about the Jets problems, of which there are many. We can talk about OL, DL, LB, DB, whatever. We can panic and say this is indictitive of unfixable problems ...

But here me out for a second. First off, this game isn't indicatative of anything except the Jets ability to match up against the Patriots.

Second and more importantly, The Pats are a juggernaut right now and Tom Brady is the reason why. Yeah he's got weapons now. But without these weapons he did the same thing in the playoffs last year, he does it every time he has visited Giants Stadium (7-0 in his career there). The guy doesn't make mistakes against the Jets, flat out. when you blitz he gets rid of it, when you don't he picks you apart. He's a force of nature. OTher teams might have his number, the Jets don't and that's a big problem. The guy loves to play in New York, it's a sad truth we have to deal with.

There were teams unfortunate enough to be in the division with the 1961 Yankees and Mantle, there were teams like the Knicks with great players who lost time after time to Michael Jordan and the Bulls. Tom Brady with three rings in the salary cap era is that level of performaer. This is a team without Seymour or Harrison and they were a a machine out there. It wasn't just the Jets being bad. They aren't a bad team, they actually could go 9-7 or even 10-6 if they beat Baltimore... but the Jets just aren't going to ever win the division until Tom Brady stops playing like a living legend, it's that simple.

We can hope the Jets improve, we can dream that getting another pass rusher or another offensive weapon will close the gap... but when the rubber meets the road this isn't really about the Jets.

The Pats got a living legend QB in the 6th round of the NFL draft, and that's not a formula that can be easily duplicated.

Oh and since we are talking about quarterbacks, Brady was special the second he stepped on to the field. CLemens has stepped on the field twice and he has looked like crap both times. He might be decent one day but i think Jets fans are missing the point here, you can rotate QBs for decades and not get another Tom Brady. That's the level of player he is... and how lucky the Pats got when they found him.

Jesus Christ, now I am agreeing with Madmike, what's the world coming to. I guess the number one criteria of being the second coming of christ as a QB is to have all the time in the world to throw the ball. Guess what, Joey harrington would be Moses if he had that much time.

If you give ANY NFL QB that kind of time they will pick you apart. Brady did nothing special today.

I can't believe I have to convince Jets fans, all we have ever seen is Tom Brady kill the Jets in that stadium.

some guys get all day and take sacks or throw ints - Brady finds the right player for each situation.

the Jets blitzed about 20 times, he got rid of the ball FAST.

mark my words, the Jets just played one of the top 3 teams in the league, and a living legend in his prime - s--t happens. to expect otherwise is unrealistic and delusional. I was delutional today when i went to the game, and I've probably been to 5 of Brady's 7 wins. The guy is lights out when I'm in the building. Maybe it's my fault, i'll start staying home.

I can't believe I have to convince Jets fans, all we have ever seen in Tom Brady kill the Jets.

some guys get all day and take sacks or throw ints - Brady finds the right player for each situation.

mark my words, the Jets just played one of the top 3 teams in the league, and a living legend in his prime - s--t happens. to expect otherwise is unrealistic and delusional. I was delutional today when i went to the game, and I've probably been to 5 of Brady's 7 wins. The guy is lights out when I'm in the building. Maybe it's my fault, i'll start staying home.

Bit remember the game when we beat them last year? Why did we win that game?

If you give ANY NFL QB that kind of time they will pick you apart. Brady did nothing special today.

Good post Mike. I only got to watch the highlites (all Pats of course) but Christ Brady had NO pressure on him. The guy literally could eat a sandwich in the pocket. Where was the pass rush?

Bit remember the game when we beat them last year? Why did we win that game?

it was a rainstorm and yes they got pass rush that game

but let's be real here

Tom Brady owns the Jets. I wish this wasn't the case, i really do. But the guy is pretty much assured to be in Canton, why can't we give the devil his due?

it was a rainstorm and yes they got pass rush that game

but let's be real here

Tom Brady owns the Jets. I wish this wasn't the case, i really do. But the guy is pretty much assured to be in Canton, why can't we give the devil his due?

He owns nothing. If the Jets play him the right way they can beat him just like they can beat any other QB in the league. If they hit him in the face and put him on his rear end like they did last year in NE they will beat him. If not they will lose like they did today. It's not magic.

tom brady has everything i dont know how some of you cannot envy this guy, 3 superbowl rings this century, a supermodel girlfriend, top 5 o-line in the game (haha), all the money he could ask for. and we are stuck with zero superbowl rings this century, we have "jet flight girls", one of the worst o-line in the game, and a cheap ass team that wouldnt splurge 1 mill. which would have atleast made our oline average instead of how bad it was today.

We just aren't very good. People say preseason means nothing, but it does mean a tiny bit, if you are constantly getting beat at the line no amount of schemes will change that. Let's see what San Diego does next week before we declare the Pats Super Bowl Champs. I dunno if it'll be a national game but obviously I'll get the game, and I'll definitely be paying attention. If Brady gets that amount of time against the Chargers pass rush, this Patriots team will go 16-0.

tom brady has everything i dont know how some of you cannot envy this guy, 3 superbowl rings this century, a supermodel girlfriend, top 5 o-line in the game (haha), all the money he could ask for. and we are stuck with zero superbowl rings this century, we have "jet flight girls", one of the worst o-line in the game, and a cheap ass team that wouldnt splurge 1 mill. which would have atleast made our oline average instead of how bad it was today.

Kendall would not have made this line average. They may not have been AS bad, but we still would have gotten beat up, particularly in the rushing game. He wasn't so magnificent himself & it's not like he was progressively getting better either.

The Jets put ZERO pressure on Brady yesterday.

The Pats picked up every blitz the Jets threw at them yesterday and Brady had all day, night and the next day to throw.

I don't even know why the Pats even bothered to run the football.

Here is the most pathetic part of the defensive performance yesterday.

That play Where Moss basically left 3 guys in the dust. He was the only reciever out on that play.

He owns nothing. If the Jets play him the right way they can beat him just like they can beat any other QB in the league. If they hit him in the face and put him on his rear end like they did last year in NE they will beat him. If not they will lose like they did today. It's not magic.

:yawn:

11-2 is owning.

7-0 in Giants Stadium.....might as well call it Brady Stadium.

one of the worst o-line in the game, and a cheap ass team that wouldnt splurge 1 mill. which would have atleast made our oline average instead of how bad it was today.

Right, Pete Kendall would have made all the difference yesterday. About as big of a difference as he made in last year's playoff game when we lost to the Pats by a similiar score and Kendall got tossed around like a pillow by Richard Seymour.

he's just that good

we can sit here and talk about the Jets problems, of which there are many. We can talk about OL, DL, LB, DB, whatever. We can panic and say this is indictitive of unfixable problems ...

But here me out for a second. First off, this game isn't indicatative of anything except the Jets ability to match up against the Patriots.

Second and more importantly, The Pats are a juggernaut right now and Tom Brady is the reason why. Yeah he's got weapons now. But without these weapons he did the same thing in the playoffs last year, he does it every time he has visited Giants Stadium (7-0 in his career there). The guy doesn't make mistakes against the Jets, flat out. when you blitz he gets rid of it, when you don't he picks you apart. He's a force of nature. OTher teams might have his number, the Jets don't and that's a big problem. The guy loves to play in New York, it's a sad truth we have to deal with.

There were teams unfortunate enough to be in the division with the 1961 Yankees and Mantle, there were teams like the Knicks with great players who lost time after time to Michael Jordan and the Bulls. Tom Brady with three rings in the salary cap era is that level of performaer. This is a team without Seymour or Harrison and they were a a machine out there. It wasn't just the Jets being bad. They aren't a bad team, they actually could go 9-7 or even 10-6 if they beat Baltimore... but the Jets just aren't going to ever win the division until Tom Brady stops playing like a living legend, it's that simple.

We can hope the Jets improve, we can dream that getting another pass rusher or another offensive weapon will close the gap... but when the rubber meets the road this isn't really about the Jets.

The Pats got a living legend QB in the 6th round of the NFL draft, and that's not a formula that can be easily duplicated.

Oh and since we are talking about quarterbacks, Brady was special the second he stepped on to the field. CLemens has stepped on the field twice and he has looked like crap both times. He might be decent one day but i think Jets fans are missing the point here, you can rotate QBs for decades and not get another Tom Brady. That's the level of player he is... and how lucky the Pats got when they found him.

Brady is the Anti Christ.

In college, as a fan and alum, I never really saw anything special from Brady at Michigan. Ho hum.

He's Joe Cool all over again. Put him on my Bears, and the Lombardi's would stack up like flapjacks. Brady is special, and Bit made a great point; we're basically the Knicks trying to beat Michael Jordan's Bulls.

• 1 month later...

Archived